Agnostic.com

15 10

LINK Anti-LGBTQ writer claims she's being "silenced" for her Christian faith

The only decent thing I can say about this essay in the New York Post is that it’ll give people hope that any awful article they write can get published if they just aim low enough.

Sophia A. Nelson implies that the most persecuted religion in the country is… Christianity. It starts with the headline—”Christians are sick of being punished for their views in America”—and goes downhill from there.

There are plenty of problems with the piece, and I’ll get to them, but it all comes back to one idea: Being a Christian, to Nelson, means being a bigot. It’s telling that “Jesus” doesn’t make any appearance in the piece at all, because spreading the Gospel isn’t really what she’s talking about when it comes to practicing her faith. ...

snytiger6 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If these Christians really want to see what "being silenced" is, they only need to take a look at the criminal charges Russians face today mentioning terms like "War", "invasion", and mentioning any criticism of the Russian war on Ukraine. NPR had a story this evening concerning the pop music industry in Russia which has not been as quiet about Putin's war and attempts to steal more territory from Ukraine. Concerts have been cancelled for fear of criminal charges. Some artists have been outspoken - many outside Russia - while others have been silent. The contrast makes claims such as this one here made by these American Christians appear completely ridiculous.

I was a Christian and basically if you don’t allow them to have their way and they have to compromise then that’s discrimination. They believe everything should be Christian no if ands or buts

I wish I could be "silenced" and then get an article published in a major newspaper.
"Like I told Fox News, OAN Newsmax, a 60,000 stong Trump rally and in my book "We are being silenced". The right has no voice in America"

The Washington Times is owned by Reverend Moon, and has a conservative bias. I don't consider it a major publication.

Get used to it because the new Vatican Council (oops I mean SCOTUS) is going to agree with her

Well imo then the United States of Absurdity deserves everything it gets for, imo, merely sitting on its hands and letting things like this happen.

Oh so sad, so sorry BUT I am ever so glad that she copping flack.

Christians all believe that they will be persecuted and they believe it coz their book told them so. Go from there on into sexual things and everybody knows their are only 2 sexes, - man and woman. Any other sexual gender claims are there simply because people want to sin.

That's a Christian for you.

Ooohh,boohooohoooo..

She is blind to her own Christian supremacism.

Clearly just another illustration of the "War on Christianity" you delusional whiner!!!!!!!!

Having people not want to hear your bullshit is not "being silenced".
No one is required to listen to what they don't want to.

Especially when it's whining.

KKGator Level 9 July 10, 2022

It’s unfortunate that our public schools taught all these flat earther types how to read and write, cuz they probably wouldn’t have figured it out on their own!?! 😒

She seems to be making a lot of noise for someone who is being silenced.

Freedom of speech does not mean someone can say whatever they want with no response or with no condemnation when what they say advocates the oppression of other groups of people. The fact is that Christianity in America has traditionally been an oppressive force even to the point that they violate their own basic tenets - or at least those tenets that make them believe they are peaceful, merciful, and benevolent. Some are; others most certainly are not. Imo, the difference isn't the religion they credit, but their own individual decisions and continued commitment to behave in particular ways and to regard others in particular ways.

You're right, it has nothing to do with Jesus. She is just taking a page out of the Done Cheato's playbook. It's DARVO tactics:
Deny/Distract
Attack
Reverse Victim & Offender

Just another homophobic bigot hiding behind their religion..

Usually the ones in the closet….👀

@Buck Quite true, esp. the men who are homophobic.

I wish these karens really were silent

I feel sorry for any decent women who are actually named Karen. Must be a drag to have to change your name because it has become synonymous with stupid, conniving, manipulative, egocentric, insensitive, selfish, wasteful, foolish, backward, materialistic, greedy, stilted, chauvinistic, ignorant, and generally assholish.

@Flyingsaucesir

Who else is judgemental?

@Castlepaloma Yeah I guess that's a Karen characteristic too. 😂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:676103
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.