Agnostic.com

65 3

Songs with a woman's name in the title

Just for fun. Looking for song titles with a woman's name in the title. Format same as last time: Title and artist

Hey Jude doesn't count as it was Paul's nickname for Jullian Lennon.

Oh Donna 10cc
Proud Mary Ike and Tins Turner
In Memory of Elizabeth Reed The Allman Brothers Band

Now, you. Have fun

jwd45244 7 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

65 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Alison Elvis Costello My aim is true....

Roxanne by the Police

Lydia by Highly Suspect

Oh Sherrie, the first single when Steve Perry left Journey and tried his hand at a solo career.

Perhaps the greatest love of my life was named Maria. There are so so many songs about a Maria (not even counting the religious ones), in addition to the West Side Story version (posted here by someone else), there are songs with that name by Blondie, Men at Work, Santana, Michael Jackson, Beck, Ricky Martin, Willie Nelson, and evidently even Justin Beiber (which I live in the hope of NEVER hearing a single Beiber song)

Ozman Level 7 May 27, 2018

G.L.O.R.I.A. Don’t know who sings it.

Iffy Level 5 May 24, 2018

Don Willams "Amada" (Country music), Crosby Still and Nash " Sweet Judy Blue eyes"(rock), The Association "Windy", Ozark Mountain Dare Devils "Jackie Blue".

Also a couple said Layla and Eric Clapton. They get half points. They did not name the original band name ?

@WillP2020 ding ding ding give that person a Kewpie doll ?

@jwd45244 Hey that's not fair, he did it solo unplugged , the rules didn't say original band name. I want my half point back!!!😠...LOL

Come on, folks. You're missing some really easy ones. Hint: Blue:eyed soul Hint2 Animal House soundtrack

Is this supposed to be a quiz? Cus, y'know, Google.

@Rufus_Maximus no, it was supposed to be fun. But I was surprised that these two were missed ?

Kayleigh- Marillion
Beverly- Low Cut Connie
Angie- The Rolling Stones
Karla With A K- The Hooters
Amie- Pure Prairie League
Help Me Rhonda- The Beach Boys
Ballad Of Jane- LA Gunns
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes- Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
Mary Jane's Last Dance Tom Petty
Roseanna- Toto
Darling Nicky- Prince
Cold Ethel- Alice Cooper
Jackie Blue- Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Candy- Iggy Pop w/ Kate Pierson
Mandy- Barry Manilow
Ophelia- The Lumineers
They Call The Wind Maria- Harvey Presnell
Penny Lane- The Beatles

Some grass ones! Can believe I forgot Orphelia!

What a great question to get lots of replies and rack up points. Clever.

It's just to have some fun. We've had so many serious posts recently

@jwd45244 riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

@JaciBea I'm sorry you feel that way. I am passionate in my discussions

@SkotlandSkye Not that I have to justify my posts to you or anyone else. It will take me months to move to the next level even using this post's responses as typical.

@JaciBea Incorrect. The purpose of the site is to develop connections and a sense of community...this isn't a video game. It's really obvious when someone is posting fluff to just get points. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Ruby don't take your love to town - Kenny Rogers
Candy-O - The Cars
Brandy (you're a fine girl) - Looking Glass
Daylight Katy - Gordon Lightfoot
Me and Bobby McGee - Kris Kristofferson Bobby is a woman in his version

Runaround Sue - Dion

Nobody said Layla by Eric Clapton yet or did I miss it?

I was trying to find the artist! Brain cramp!

@CrankyAntie It gets worse when you're older, I went to look at my CD collection for it...forgot how to spell 'Layla'...Haha

@buzz13 that's why I couldn't find it... I couldn't spell it! lol! I tried to find it online but only found other artist songs that I'm not familiar with.

@CrankyAntie Have a great day flying around the mountains, I'm jealous, highest point in Florida is 300 feet above sea level.

Yup, missed it. I did few messages below but that's ok, a great song can be posted as many times as needed ?

Actually come to think about it, you are correct !! You said "Nobody said Layla....". Well I am Nobody and I did !! (This is funny)

@IamNobody Very Loud, Grrooaann! LOL

@buzz13 I just took one flight lesson. just to have done it. but living by mountains is definitely wonderful! and better than hurricanes and earth quakes...

Fritter (Stella's Home) - Skinny Puppy

Jnei Level 8 May 23, 2018

Layla (Eric Clapton, nice story here... I am not teeeeeling) and of course Amanda (Boston)

@WillP2020 did I say I am not teeeeeling?... I think I did ????????????

@WillP2020 you don't know what I am talking about, neither have I.... We are even, shall we call it a day?.... pal??

Abilene/Dave Alvin
.....great song - check it out if you've not heard it.
Elsie/the Divinyls
.....another good one
Suite: Judy blue eyes/ CSN&Y
Jewel eyed judy/ Fleetwood Mac

Roxanne- the police
Sweet Caroline- Neil diamond
Lucy- skillet
Lucy in the sky- the Beetles
Maria- west side story
Runaround Sue- Dion

Dolly Dagger/Jimi Hendrix

Pretty Saro - Bob Dylan

Angie

Queen Bitch (you know you have called some woman this at least once in your life...if only in your head)!

Source:

The band Toto has several hits: Rosanna, Lea, Pamela, Anna, Melanie. I particularly like their song 'Lea'

AC/DC- Whole Lotta Rosie!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:88469
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.