Agnostic.com

23 10

What's with the points? I feel like I'm running in a dream where the harder I try the slower I run! ?

Maybe prayer will work! 😉

atheist 8 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Level 8 goes on forever

Lols, just ignore them and enjoy the site 😉 they should be of no consequence as long as you're happy to converse.

"enjoy the site", that is what the site is all about. IMHO

Yeah but I get the awful feeling that people only want to converse with me to get points LOL

@AmelieMatisse ha! On another site I have 300, 189 points. They mean nothing to me

@AmelieMatisse, no, you seem interesting enough to talk to in your own right (i checked ?)

@Shelton thanks you guys

@atheist Why yes I do, I see right through the male attention to what is really wanted, which is points!

@atheist point well taken and point passed on!

Maybe it's because your profile pic looks a bit like the Shroud of Turin. Lol

I'm figuring that it will take me another month until I reach 8. I haven't seen any 9 or 10's do they even exist? And what happens when you reach 10? Are you taken up into the Atheist rapture?

It's not a dream. It's a nightmare! LOL!

Points have two purposes. First it encourages people to participate on the site. Also lower level need for someone of a higher level to approve their posts, so ti haelps weed out the theist who want ot just come here to spew hate.

@atheist Yeah... It seems forever since I reached level 8, an dI have not even reached 8.1 yet. Still the site is less than a yer old. I think only one person hyas reached level 9 so far, but I e3xpect after few years many will.

@atheist lol... It just usually takes a couple of yers at least for a website to become well established.

@atheist I'm just appreciative that soem rich guy (who prefers to remain anonymous, but here is referred to as Admin) decided to he had more money than he needed, so he created this site as a sort of hobby and project for himself. The site is mostly one guy and a few friends who help him part time.

@atheist I have had a few message exchanges with Admin, when the site was younger.

It's that damned hyperbolic curve the points follow. From level 1 to 7 is only one quarter of the total needed to progress to level 8, and from 8 to 9 makes that huge previous step seem like a ripple in the carpet.

@atheist Anyway, you've only been a member for 8 months. Lots of time yet!

@atheist Nah. I can read profile pages and deduce. Your "scoring rate" averages 600 points a day.

@atheist Probably because there are maximum limits on certain categories of "points earners" and you've reached them. That makes the parabolic curve even more slowing.

@atheist There's a sadist running this site - and it's designed to attract masochists! @admin?

Actually, it is a exponential curve.

@GuyKeith Nah. It's half of an upside-down parabolic. 😉

@Petter You know I'm right. Growth/decay graph, and in this case growth. Let's plot the points as points on the graph. L = x =1, so you have Levels 1-10. P, on the other hand = 50,200,500, 1500,4000,10,000, 50,000,200,000, 1,000,000. Classic exponential growth.

@GuyKeith Yep. It follows a curve of something like L=xcubed - but I still like to think of it as half an upside down parabola. 😉

@atheist Only in humour 😉

Seems to me that once you get to 7 there is no incentive to go any higher, so it's best just to enjoy yourself. Some people like collecting points, a bit like the World Cup sticker book.

@CeliaVL Level 8 entitles you to advertise the site with a T shirt.
As long as you keep participating, and logging in regualarly, you will eventually get there, despite your best efforts to the contrary!

At Level 8 you learn the secret password and handshake + they send you a phunny hat and decoder ring. Level 9 is kinda like Fight Club in you just don't talk about it.

Then someone you know in Level 9 about about to be KO- ed! Lols.

But you're an 8 and an 8.4 at that? Ah the wild fantasies that drift through my head of one day becoming an 8. I'm just a lowly 7, dare I dream of ever becoming an 8? Dare I risk touching the sun? 😉

Atheist points are like a Roth IRA, put in a little at a time and in 20 years you can, I dunno, be on the atheist board of directors or something. But remember, 20 years, ok? LOL

What are you going to do when you get to a million?

@atheist. A true Athiest would leave his points to the church.

@atheist
??????????

@atheist Well said !!!!

It's like Who's line is it any way? Where the points don't matter.

What level do I have to get to before they show me the secret handshake?

That'll be 7 😉

Pray harder!!!

@atheist 😉

I find the reason for points is to -help- weed out those who are just trolls. The more points you get, the higher your level, the more you level, the more perks you get. Plus, people today like to get rewards. I mean, it’s an interesting concept.

Yeah, it's just like leveling up in a video game ... except you don't get the cool weapons or special items, you just use your words. 🙂

Lol @atheist. You can do it.

What are points?

@atheist My cat Zoot Suit has 2 bells. They contrast so like a car horn it is more of an annoying warning to my migratory birds.

@atheist Thanks. I am not great so my madness may unwatched go.

I don't think that I am near interesting enough to make it to level 9 before I die. What do you think?

I hear on good account that there is a shameful but thriving Black Market for points. The Dark Web.

The most vainglorious and self aggrandizing way of doing all.

Nothing fails like or is as offensive as prayer. The prayOR is essentially saying: 1) I don't care enough to actually help -or- There is something wrong with you because you do not believe as I do.

Just ignore them.. Eventually, you’ll wonder why others can’t 🙂

Varn Level 8 May 24, 2018

@atheist They do seem to be a draw, in the beginning. For me, they’ve become a reminder of how much time I’ve spent/ wasted here 😉

They don't want you to get the T shirt.

The points required for each subsequent level are exponential and become progressively harder to accumulate. I got double points for this first response. I'm on the first response team.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:89484
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.