Agnostic.com

32 2

Favorite Animals?

Four part question:

1. What is your favorite domesticated animal or pet?
  2. Do you own any pets?
  3. What is your favorite non-pet animal?
  4. Which animal best represents your own personality and why?

My answer in the comments. 🙂

Falcopex 4 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. Cats only
  2. No, still haven't gotten over last one who 'passed'. I believe in heaven for cats. Just not for people.🙂
  3. Lizards. They're very dignified in their own way. They only do good. We have blue-tongued ones here. They are known to mate for life. I wonder what their secret is?
  4. Cats, of course. They're independent minded, don't take crap from anyone, see through phoney people, and can be a smudge ruthless.
  1. Dog. I am a dog lover and always have been. They don't judge you - and as long as you're good to them, you'll be the centre of their world. Wonderful, wonderful creatures.

2. Not at the moment. My last dog, Sophie, died of pancreatic cancer a while back - much to my deep sorrow. I am intending to move to another area in Britain, and then I'll adopt a couple of retired racing greyhounds.

3. I don't think I have a 'favourite' - though I prefer fur to feather or scale, and social to singular.

4. Sloth - pig ugly and bone bloody idle!

Domestic? No question: Dogs. And I own one right now.
Wild: I've gotta go with Otters. They really know how to enjoy themselves. Too cute!!
We don't usually have the clearest perspective on ourselves. Someone else can probably
do a better job picking our our "spirit" animal. lol

have you seen pics of the giant otters that live in the Amazon?

No, can't say I have. Will have to Google that. 🙂

I have always had an affinity to dogs ,but I enjoy the company of all creatures . I am presently fostering a baby raccoon that I discovered near my home . I would love to keep it as a pet

I have always had pets my entire life Dogs are my favorite . I have a Pomeranian,5 cats ,4 birds. I love all animals and can not think of a favorite

1. Pomsky
  2. No
  3. Giraffe
  4. Owl--quiet and observing

Favorite domesticated animals-dogs, cat, horse
Own dog and cat
Favorite non pet-wolf and bear
Personality animal - cougar

1. I have always had cats, I will always have a cat.

2. I currently live with one cat. I tried to add a second cat but the crazy b**ch was cat aggressive and kinda people aggressive. She was very affectionate and loved to be with people. She rubbed herself all over the nearly year old grandbaby, and then took a swipe at her head and scratched her. She went back to the Humane Society, she needs to be an only cat and with only adults.

I had a dog for many years, he was the son I never gave birth to. He was an golden, an amazing sweet dog. I'd love to have a dog but live alone, work long hours and sometimes don't come home right after I get off work. Cats have a litter box, that would not work with a dog.

1. I don't think I have a favorite non-pet animal. Birds maybe.

2. I have not idea what animal would be me. Part cat, part dog, large part Mama grizzly.

1. Dogs

2. A dog!

3. Squirrels (they are like monkeys except I have them in the garden)

4. Tortoise, because I'm "clever enough to get around in life but don't give a fuck"- according to my bff

1 cats
2 none
3 shark
4 ?

1. dogs, cats... they just love me, regardless what negative attitude I gave them, love me.
  2. no (But while in my sister's home, 3 female Chihuahuas are unto me, specially the fatty.)
  3. wolves, hawks
  4. as a teen my nickname was Werewolf (it was the way I chased girls from tree to tree), As an adult in Crete I was nicknamed NightHawk, I was out every night, in the Hunt. Prey and No Mercy... In an Adorable Way. Always Been A Night Creature!

Dog
3 chihuahuas, 1 cat
Bat
Bonobo

1. Dogs
  2. No, but I'd love to have a dog again someday
  3. Horse
  4. Lion: protective, somewhat solitary, a little grumpy

@evestrat: It happens, especially in the morning. yawn

1. Growing up, horses and dogs were my favorites, but my preferences have shifted with time. I've become more of a cat person in recent years.

2. Currently, I have two dogs and two cats. I've had numerous other pets throughout my life though including several birds, rodents, reptiles, and a tarantula.

3. I really love them all. I've always been a major wildlife enthusiast, and I've often changed which animal I've considered my favorite, but for the last few years it's held steady as owls. I've worked with these birds in rehab and falconry training and I absolutely adore them, and I am fascinated by their silent flight and their hunting accuracy.

4. I have the personality of a skunk. I'm more of a loner. Calm, docile, hardy, and unfazed by most things in life. Independent and like to do my own thing. Cute, but not the easiest to get close to. But despite my calm indifference, if you give me reason to need to defend myself I'll make a big stink. 😛

@evestrat I'm not an "official" falconer, but I do volunteer raptor rehabilitation work, and when we get a bird in that is non-releasable it gets handling training so that it can be an education bird. Working with these birds on glove is all part of falconry. At some point I do plan on apprenticing under an actual falconer, but I'm waiting until I've moved to a place where its more reasonable for me to have a mew.

! even split between cats and dogs. They all have their special energy to share. Presently I have 2 cats, 3 corgis that run around my feet like clownish Tasmanian devils and 3 Livestock Guardian dogs. ANy breed of Livestock guardian dog is awesome for the work they do. I have Kangal and 2 more generic anatolian shepherds now.
3 I can't answer. so many are so cool
4 when I lived on the Navajo reservation they called me badger. I might think of myself as a lioness like the one you see carrying a kit in her mouth to safety

@btroje My Mom has an anatolian mix puppy and my mechanic wants a Kangal. The latter thinks he wants to make one a seizure alert dog for his wife but I'd no words of wisdom or where a good place to get one was or even if that breed is a good idea for that type of job. Seems like a serious dog to me?

@Miseenscene a kangal and all turkish shepherd dogs (anatolian shepherds) are athletes in the livestock guardian dog realm.I know some people do have them in smaller spaces and not working but for the most part these are working dogs and want to RUN around like a several mile perimeter to keep their charges free of danger.I really have no idea how one would work out as a siezure alert dog since my focus of understanding of these breeds has been along the lines of their original purpose.The dogs I have have chased off bear and mountain lions and feel good about it

@btroje @btroje That's what I thought; free roaming guardian dog, and that's the way my Mom's mix is. She lives on 10 acres and that's why they got him. Thanks for the insight, I knew that about Anatolian but only recalled Kangal out of the periphery of my mind and sounded way too serious a dog for something of that purpose..

We grew up with cats and dogs. The cats kept having liters (mom's fault for being too lazy to get them spayed) but the dogs were messy, kept escaping and often smelled.
Definitely cats. There are more independent, cleaner, less of a hassle and I prefer their personality. However, cats have been rated as the 2nd most destructive species (after humans).

At one time I/we had 3 cats none now except for an occasional neighborhood barn cat.

No non pet favorite (I don't eat any of them). There is a pony farm next door and presently 3 donkeys (or mules) reside there. When a car goes by they make the strangest noise that is hilarious.

My favorite animal is my dog Rocko, an 80 pound German Shepard that I got from a rescue place. Out of 300 German Shepards they had on the property, he was the third meanest one they had.

One of the dogs I have right now is a German Shepherd mix and a rescue. I love her to pieces. 🙂

I have no favorites really , as I've yet to meet any I don't like - which include insects, reptiles, and all the lovely crawly critters many want to squish.

Cats and chickens !

Here, because I've been a wildlife rehabilitator for many years, I've had wonderful close encounters with all kinds of critters. Though one of my all time, any time favorites is the opossum - North America's only Marsupial. I was licensed to keep an orphan as a pet - a very rich experience indeed !

I believe having been exposed to so many critters, I've picked up bits and pieces of their behaviors. They have much to teach us... that said, I suspect cat fits me best. Independent. Claws - just in case. Very snuggly - if it suits my mood. Love cozy, warm places ...

I rehabilitated an orphaned opossum too! They are such wonderful critters. 🙂 The one I had though was able to be released as a juvenile. I did get to keep a squirrel as a pet though, and he was so much fun. 🙂

1. fave pet: cats, as farback as I can recall
  2. my pets: three cats, 5 snakes, one hedgehog, fish
  3. fave non-pet: cannot limit myself to one. Love large/wild cats, snakes, lizards, frogs, corvids (crows, jays, magpies), raptors (hawks and eagles), many sea creatures, and a lot of insects.
  4. reflects my personality: caracal. Nocturnal, solitary, independent
Zster Level 8 Dec 20, 2017

The four legged ones. LOL
Really, cats and dogs.

Dogs, no, hippos, cheetas because I move fast.

My Chiweenie dog. Favorite non-pet is a white tiger. I would still say a white tiger for that question, because they are unique and fierce. Just like me.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 20, 2017
  1. I like ravens, they're smart and nice, I also like dogs.
  2. A budgerigar named nibbles.
  3. I'd say platypus or capybara, platypus because they produce both milk and eggs, making them one of the few animals that can make their own custard, not that they're any good at cooking. Capybaras because.. have you seen a capybara?
  4. A fruit bat I guess? cause I'm kinda nocturnal, like fruit and make a lot of loud high pitched noises.

love the capybaras and the giant fruit bats!

1.small dog
2.no
3.monkey
4.monkey deceptive and fun

For 1 & 2, I love my dog! He's a mutt. About 25-30 lbs. with Rottweiler markings, looking like a rottweiler/dachshund mix.

3, Lions, IDK why lol, I just like lions.

4, an eagle with an injured wing. I often wish I could just fly away, but I'm not there yet. Coulda chosen any bird really, but I like eagles lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9287
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.