Agnostic.com

51 1

Do you think a good person is someone who never gets angry?

I was told a person who shows anger means they are a bad person.
do you really agree on this perspecyive or do you think there is more to it with a person who gets upset.

yaya87 5 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I seldom get angry but yesterday I cussed an old friend who reads the same political crap that I do and has idiot interpretations. He showed me on his cell phone and what he is reading is NOT what he is saying. The man is a moron and an idiot. I've known him over 40 years and he says shoot the ones crossing our border as they come across and you will get away with it coz Trump is president. I'm not sure the man can read.
He is upset that Obama never left Washington. I told him the Obamas can live where they want to and they are just around the corner from Ivanka and Kurshner. Big deal.
He says things about John McCain that I'm not finding in print anywhere. Next he says Hillary is having siezures and is going to die soon. He claims to have seen this on video. My remarks were that if it is true and she was elected then soon we would have a dead president. Show me the proof.
I pissed him off so bad that he went home and later would not talk to me on the phone. Good. He needed this and he also needs to learn how to read. The frigging idiot moron!

I think that if you never get angry you are either passive-aggressive or dead from the neck up. Anger is a part of life, the big thing is how you act on your anger

If you saw a group of people kicking a disabled person would you get angry?

If you're not outraged you are not paying attention.

[goo.gl]

This picture won a Pulitzer Prize

@GuyKeith I think that photographer committed suicide.

I have a good friend who has come out of an abusive relationship. What bugs me is that she just gives a nervous laugh when talking about some of the terrible things he did. I want her to get mad, shout and swear but she just gives out an unconvincing laugh. I try and tell her that anger is an energy.

She will get there, more privately at first. She maybe already has. It was my anger that gave me the will to get out. Fear wasn’t enough.
Laughter is one way to deflect from sensitive topics and feelings. It sounds like YOU are angry and are feeling what you want to see in her response—not unusual. It’s tough when someone we care for has been abused.

@CarolinaGirl60 He looks after his very aged mother. She still cares about her which leads to dealings with him still. Plus this she drinks to quell the emotions. I want her to get mad and just F#ck him off

@273kelvin I understand, and I’m sorry. It’s so much easier said than done!

Keeping it in is not good. It's all in how you let it out. Putting your fist into somebody's face is not a good way to deal with it. going away and yelling at the wall is a better option. I make IV solutions in a hospital pharmacy and every once in a while I screw up and I swear worse than a sailor( and quite loudly) and the iv bag travels at a very high speed into the wall, and I have been called a good and caring person many times by many people. So whoever told you that is just plain wrong.

Anger is an emotional response, very hard to control when or how you feel it. More telling is how a person responds to their anger.

No. That's a very simple minded view.

No, such a simplistic view of something as complex as one's character, is narrow-minded and poorly considered.

No, from a guy point of view there are confident men who lift up the people around them which I consider good and those who are confident but cocky and tear people down to build themselves up.not good.but with anger everyone has that emotionand and some things people need to have anger towards as long as it doesn't control your treatment towards everyone. I think at times it is healthy to be angry at something that effects yourself and your own future.

good ppl get angry of course they see bad acts that tear them apart some they can maybe fix many they can't

I think this guy almost never got angry or upset but it didn't make him a good person or a bad one for that matter. It just made him cold and logical.

Except that one time he REALLY needed some female attention ? and he smashed his computer (episode Amok Time), wonder if that came out of his pay?

@JustinPalmer Except that they didn't seem to get paid on the original Star Trek.It seemed to work pretty good though, unless you had to wear the red suit on the away team, that guy was never coming back. 😉

@JustinPalmer Spock's mother was a human, so he is more emotional than other Vulcans.

@DZhukovin That's true but the Pon Farr is purely Vulcan in nature. That episode did deliver some really good lines for Spock, particularly when he tells his betroth's other suitor that 'You may find in time that wanting something is better than having it'.

@Surfpirate

That's probably true.

I was explaining why Spock has more emotions than other vulcans. He was outcasted for breaking the Vulcan law that Vulcans must not be emotional (so this is going into natural law, not judicial law).

@DZhukovin We are getting a bit Trekkie here but the reason he was so emotional was because of the Vulcan rut which drives the males mad with emotion and lust. All Vulcans behave this way every 7 years and unless they mate with their bonded partner they will develop a violent blood fever that will eventually kill them, they revert back to their more primitive origins prior to embracing pure logic.

How can you never get angry.... it’s an important emotion with some benefits if used fairly constructively. It my give you hopefully the opportunity to express an irritant, being put upon or disrespected. But a anger must have some control of possibly as more deeper emotions might lead to rage ( unexceptionable reactions), potential destructive, hurting others but I’m not sure one could go through life w/o getting angry.... now how often is a different situation that someone else could expound on

Depends on the reason. Anger like every emotion has its place. You just have to ask if it's justified.

Nardi Level 7 July 2, 2018

Everyone gets angry.Just a matter of how one handles it.

There is nothing wrong with anger or outrage, but there are proper ways to express it.

Marionville wrote what I was going to write. Emphasis on how one deals with it. And on tricky.
Deep breaths are a good starting point. Teaching oneself to channel it constructively (not throwing stuff, for starters) is a process.
In extreme cases, meds can help by taming the flare up long enough for the rational mind to get a grip on the situation.
Or so I've heard.

Anger is good, forgiveness is even better !

A good person is someone who behaves appropriately regardless of their emotions. I don't think you know if you can trust someone until you have a dispute with them. Then you find out if they behave reasonably even when they are angry.

No that's a person with a 10 foot pole in their ass it's normal to get angry

Oh Hell no!

no thats called a liar. A good person doesnt take their anger out on others and knows how to learn from their anger and deal with it productively. They don't lose their patience over every little thing so there are fewer occasions to display anger. but anyone being honest with themselves has anger, and for plenty of justifiable reasons.

Anger is fear heated up. A good person usually learns how to mitigate their displays of anger. They self-reflectively pull on the thread of the problem until they get to the underlying issue, and either cathartically release themselves or productively address the real issue without projecting and reactively throwing a tantrum at unrelated parties.

I think there is a big difference between someone who never gets angry and someone who never shows their anger. And if how you define good vs bad people is based on whether or not they show anger, them there are very few "good" people in this world.

GwenC Level 7 July 2, 2018

I don't agree even slightly. It all depends on how you act on anger. But anger itself shows you care about something. Not sure how that's bad.

I don't worry to much about what other people say, especially when is sounds like B.S.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120570
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.