Agnostic.com

23 6

How do you feel about Emojis?

Surprisingly, I've heard a lot of emoji hate rants. Though, lots of people use them tons. I see lots of emoji goods and people must be buying them.

I know it's a silly question... but how do you feel about emojis?

• 25 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 24 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 9 votes
silvereyes 8 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use only smiley, winky, and eggplant.

Hehehe... 😉

@MsOliver @evestrat, definitely for vegetarian recipes, like eggplant parmesan — the dish that makes vegetarians feel like we're still eating normal meals ("it's just like chicken parmesan, but with delicious eggplant instead" ), but we all know deep down that we're eating sadness and disappointment.

@silvereyes I just assumed pizza was implied, as an inherent aspect of who I am (i.e., mostly my cheesy, crusty personality).

@resserts lol

I think emojis help people understand what you mean but beyond that I don't have any emotional attachment to them. Example "you're a dumbass" vs "you're a dumbass 😛"

It depends on whom I'm talking with. Certain people draw it out of me. Others don't.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 😉 (A)

Sacha Level 7 Jan 1, 2018

@silvereyes (6) (6) 🍺 🍺 ❤

Some are cool. In Messenger through Facebook, I use the stickers more.

I've lived a long and productive life without them. Some of them are nice and actually might mean something, but I can go on living without them.

There are many emojis I don't understand. I like them.

Jam them.

Sometimes, I use them in different in different IM's 🙂

But...what does that even mean lol.

@Neraven it's supposed to be a ????

@MyrddinSr666 Lolwut??

@Neraven mentor say rose for some reason it didn't put it lol

Oh...wow, now I see it xD

(•~• )/

They need one for throwing someone off a clif/building driving a car into a wall and squid ink one.

errrr..... anything that subtitutute language I am kind against it but.... it is language.... I remember having a dictionary of pictures and images obtained while traveling in europe that now to think about it 20 years later it was just emojis. It was pretty handy to get services. I gave it to one my daughters I think. Not using them but... errrrr

never use them. Words work for me.

it's a great and fast way to acknowledge and react to some one's communication when there is no need to add a monologue. It's all about how you choose use them.

I like them when I think they can clarify the message of dry print but like anything else they can be misinterpreted

Like some...Some are really ugly. 😉

@silvereyes I don't know why but this one irritates me. I know it is supposed to be silly or fun but it elicits the opposite reaction from me. I was thinking of it when I wrote my comment

I love emojis but sometimes fell I am challenged in that I am unsure of the meaning of some of them.

I feel emoticons are accents, not the base of text.

Lol@silvereyes

Can I please get an eye rolling emoji and a sigh of exhaustion one lol

I like some, some are ugly and some are just kinda dumb. HATE when people overuse them, absolutely despise it. Or use it in place of words, like the recent example I saw of "swift kick in the pants" Think i prefer lots of text emotes to lots of emojis...and just in general too, for the most part.

Never use them and I Hate them

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12132
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.