Agnostic.com

50 3

Have you ever seen a movie that you wished you never seen?

I wished I had never seen Open Water. The first one, of course. The fact that movie was based on true events and a real couple. Ugh! Poor people!

EmeraldJewel 7 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

50 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lots! The original my bloody Valentine.

Yes. this day Black Sunday haunts me. 50+ years later

120 Days Of Sodhom and Dogville. Both great films, but very, very hard to watch.

For films that were just plain piece of crap wastes of valuable time, I'm going to have to go with M. Night Shama-lama-ding-dong's, The Happening and just about every single Adam Sandler film ever crapped out on to celluloid.

I think George Clooney's track record's only slightly better than Adam Saddler's in this regard: Solaris, Men Who Stare at Goats, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Brother Where Art Thou. Not a Clooney flick, but also abysmal - Cloverfield.

Ugh. Do I HATE both Goats and O Brother. Yes... Yes I do.

See the original Solaris, a greatRussian film of paranormal interest. Hollywood killed it.

Drag Me To Hell - left the theater feeling creeped out and hopeless
Eyes Wide Shut - Besides Nicole Kidman's nude scene, I don't even have a clue what it was about. Did it even have a plot at all?

Nope! The movie was complete mess! The ending was ridiculous.

"A Clockwork Orange" horrified me. I left the theater the middle of the movie.

Had the same reaction to "The Shining."

When Anthony Burgess was asked what he thought of Clockwork Orange, he said it was interesting, but didn't know what it had to do with his book.

Those are two of my favs

@Hihi

Enjoy.

Loved the book and was terribly disappointed they left the last chapter out for us silly Americans

Seven - dark, twisted, accomplished what it wanted to but I never need to see it again.

Hostel - didn't even make it all the way through.

Actually, although I admire the film, the dead baby in Trainspotting really messed me up. I just can't with that baby. I can't.

Omg, so so many. the last movie i can honestly say i finished it by saying "the f--k?" and had to seriously fight the urge to throw the DVD in the garbage was "The Lobster." don't do it. if you do, you've been warned.

@maturin1919 to each his own.

Damn. I wanted to see that one.

@KCjoe108 you'll never know for sure until you try it on for yourself. but, you've been warned.

@lslatt1
I know that the premise is odd. Was it the acting that bothered you? Plot?

@KCjoe108 I have a Masters in film, so, I'm used to both the weird and the bad, but this was whole other level something.

@lslatt1
That's so bloody cool! What are some of the weirdest movies you've enjoyed?

I was out of the room during the first scene of Jaws.

Left the theater just after the sliding glass/head bit in "The Omen."

I have no interest in such stupid.

JacarC Level 8 July 28, 2018

Wait... You didn't enjoy Jaws???

@KCjoe108 Why would anybody "ENJOY" such unhappiness?

@Jacar
Interesting. Aside from the long-term damage it's done to shark populations and reputations (which the author has apologized for and attempted to make up for), where is the unhappiness?

@KCjoe108 I do not like to be frightened. Hence, unhappiness. Still cannot forget the opening scene. Wish i could.

@Jacar
Ah, okay. I understand now. I LOVE scary movies. But the only ones that actually creep me out involve bees/wasps ('cause I'm terrified of them) and creepy little kids.

Ed Gein The Musical. I was aware of who he was but watched it any. It was quite disturbing.

PaulD Level 5 July 28, 2018

The last Blade Runner movie. Unnecessary. Sometimes Follywood should just leave perfection the hell alone. Had Follywood been around in Shakespeare's time they'd have said, "OK Will, we want you to do a sequel for us. We'll call it 'Hamlet Rides Again'. It'll be a smash!"

Changing your question slightly, I can say which movie I wish I would never see, and it's Tarantino's forthcoming bad idea movie about 1969', Manson and Sharon Tate. Bad idea Ripley. My instincts for bad movies are usually pretty good, and this movie already stinks, and they're still making it.

None should want to see a movie about Manson.

None should want to see a movie about Manson.

@Maggiemay no disagreement here.

Clockwork Orange. It was 120 minutes of try-real-hardism.

@maturin1919 yep.

Yes. "Glen Cary, Glen Ross: with Jack Lemon. It was the most depressing movie I have ever seen.

And to think, many businesses use it as a how-to manual these days.

There was a movie starring, I use the term loosely, The Unknown Comic doing standup comedy, while the story took place in between times. I walked out of the movie. ?

Yes. Kids (1995) is fucked up.

I'm going to have to agree with you on that one.

I love that movie, but it is really heavy.

No , and thank you for not reminding me of it , ha .

Deep Throat.

@PalacinkyPDX HAHA! IMAX would be amazing!

Wise Blood.

Yes. Kubo and the two stings. I was depressed for a week because of a cartoon.

I enjoyed it.

@joeymf86 it wasn't a bad movie, but it was just really sad.

The movie I wished I'd never seen was actually a very good movie. Disney's "Old Yeller" (1957). I saw it once and I'll never watch it again. What "Beaches" is to women, "Old Yeller" is to guys.

Man... Old Yeller is SO damn good, and SO damn sad.

Hanger and The Ring

Hanger is just, messed up beyond words and the ring is the scariest sht I’ve never seen

I freakin' loved the Ring. Lol.

@KCjoe108 My daughter really disliked the Ring, but love Ringu (the original japanese version). She also felt that way about The Grunge and Quarantine.

@kiramea
I watched Ringu as well. But after I saw the Ring. Which I preferred, personally. When she came out of that TV... we were just blown away. I'd never seen anything like that.

A movie called The One

The Jet Li movie?

@joeymf86 yes thats the one lols

"The Plague Dogs"

Don't. Just Don't.

I wonder if it's better or worse than Watership Down.

Any movie whose claim to fame is gratuitous violence marked with overuse of nonsensical CGI fight scenes, car crashes and explosions.

This ALMOST sounds like Deadpool. Which is impossible, 'cause Deadpool is absolutely amazing! 😀

@KCjoe108 All of those things - cgi fight scenes, car crashes, explosions - totally work in Deadpool!

I saw Deadpool 1 and I loved it because it was well made and the humor was world class. The ending fight scene fits my description of being nonsensical but it was quickly forgiven because they more than made up for it by making me laugh and keeping me entertained all the way til that point.

@jujuofthesea
Fair points! I've been a fan of Deadpool since the mid-90's. I was ecstatic when they made that movie as true to the character as they did. I figured they'd nail the humor, but even capturing the way he moves and fights.
Deadpool 2 is also really good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:142220
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.