Agnostic.com

69 8

Who is the most overrated band in your opinion?

For me it is Radiohead. Sorry fans, I just don't think they should be treated as gods of new music. Seems no matter what they put out, people just melt.
Not to say I don't like some of their stuff, I just think they are way overrated for what they do.

Who is yours?

Akfishlady 8 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

69 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Spike Jones and his City Slickers.

Way to start WWIII!!!! LMFAO!!!!!

😉

@Akfishlady Yeah, I can't stand Coldplay or ABBA either. 😉

@JustLynnie ABBA is ABBAmonable!

Country music. I love this old joke:

What happens when you play a country song backward?

A guy gets his job back, his truck back, his dog back, his woman back and his trailer back.

not sure about overrated, but NICKLEBACK gets more hate than they deserve....

no, wait - they really do suck.
Sorry

The Hooties, so much so the the term hootie effect is used when a band is more popular than they deserve.

KISS!

REO Speedwagon gives me the urge to rip vocal chords out. To boil my eardrums in acid. To find the dullest knife to jab repeatedly into speakers...

Lol

@Byrdsfan
You typed it! Talk about giving one the urge to regurgitate.....

@JustLynnie
Some friend..... 😛

Whiny vocals, big hair, and Lycra pants. The worst.

@Sydland
Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

Beyonce (I realize she is not "a band" )

GwenC Level 7 Aug 20, 2018

I know what you mean but she did a good Etta James in movie Cadillac records

SO over rated. Don't like her or her shallow vapid "music" at all. "Single Ladies" blech!

Bon Jovi

And double agree to this too! I’m gonna have to update my list lol

U2....hate'em

REO Speedwagon. The bane of my existence during the 80s. Besides Reagan.

The Grateful Dead. That band is definitely less than the sum of its parts.

@Akfishlady The irony is that I just made a ton of money playing a weekend in a GD cover band at a hippie fest in the hills of redwood country. I had a ton of fun, but I still am no fan of the Dead.

I always thought that if all of you guys are gonna follow a band around, why not follow a GOOD band.

REM. All their songs sound exactly the same, and it was pretty dull even when they started doing it.

Jnei Level 8 Aug 22, 2018

@Akfishlady I have The Pixies for that purpose 🙂

Steve Miller Band
monotone drivel.

But some complex lyrics! I'm gonna fly like an eagle... So deep

@weelittleone So profound I am still pondering the meaning. =0}

@PalacinkyPDX That & "Yummy Yummy Yummy I've got love in my tummy"
1910 Fruit Gum Company. But they were not a band. They were a joke on anyone who bought that piece of vinyl unless it was for a beer coaster.

Radiohead. What tossers

Guns and roses or bon jovi.

Also can't stand the Beatles. Love love me do, you know I love you, I'll always be true... my 6 yr old nephew can rhyme better..

I'm with you there.

Greatfull Dead, REO, KISS, KC and the Sunshine Band, ABBA, Kansas

@Liberty I hated disco.

Phish and Greatful Dead

Any hair metal band. Especially Motley Crü.

Christ on a bike, I forgot fucking Coldplay. How many variations on one tune can anyone get away with? They have the answer. And Ed ‘the looper’ Sheeran.

Gwenythe says he is a "genious". At plagiarism perhaps.

Van Halen! Ugh, especially when David Lee Roth was lead singer.

I can't stand the screeching vocals!

@JustLynnie I do not dispute that at all. But, David Lee Roth sucks.

Anything involving Prince. The definition of quantity over quality. His whole image was a cheap polyester rip off of Little Richard, and he looked like a foetus dipped in pubic hair.

Try listening to his album "true". No hype, only released to his fans, largely acoustic and no videos etc.

Oh wow, we really do need to get married. Here in the UK, Radiohead have been widely considered the Greatest Band Of All Time for many years; personally, I fail to see any point in them at all. People say, "Oh, but the lyrics tap into the melancholy of existence," and I say "Yeah, but Leonard Cohen and Joy Division did it far better decades ago".

I was now going to write a long list of all the other bands I view in a similar light, but to be honest there are so many I just can't be bothered. Abba would be high on that list, though.

Jnei Level 8 Aug 20, 2018

@Akfishlady The main reason I stopped going to gay bars was I just couldn't tolerate any more Abba! have you seen Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?

@Akfishlady Best line in any film ever:

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:159719
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.