Agnostic.com

186 9

What are you most looking for in a relationship? Just your # 1 Thing

Just your #1 top pick
What is the most important quality in a partner? Is it a great sexual partner? Is it someone who can bring home a nice paycheck? Or is it something else?

ProudHeathen 5 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

186 comments (101 - 125)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

honesty.. with honesty you can build trust. without trust you have nothing

I most look to build trust, which can open the doors to mutual, satisfying vulnerability. Once I can trust enough to be vulnerable, the sex is incredible.

Intelligence

Same thing everyone wants. A woman who won't eat all my damn cheetos!

Mongo Level 1 Nov 27, 2017

All the matters is that we get along

I'm looking for perseverance. Someone who's willing to work as hard as it takes to make it work. I was asked in sexual psychology class. What is it that keeps couples together. Everyone raised their hands and said love, a few said great sex, as you might expect but mostly love. The professor said " it's commitment. People have to work at it. I think that many people who divorce just give up.

also honesty, my parents are very committed... to a lie

I disagree... People who divorce didn't just give up... they were depressed... there is an epidemic of depression in America. At first I thought it was just simply we went from repairing broken things to replacing. But this guy link it all up with research...

[think.kera.org]

Honesty. If you can't be honest about everything with your partner, nothing will ever truly work.

Companionship without co-dependency

Someone who is equally happy being on their own, and doesn't need me.

To be honest at this point of my life I'm looking for a partner who is honest with me, a woman that enjoys spending her time together as time is all we have.

Humor

Waltz Level 4 Nov 4, 2017

Someone who will accept the introverted me and realize that I am usually a quiet person.

Honesty.

Individuality. I have always thought that a relationship shouldn't be so much about each other's interests, but rather your interest in each other. If someone is good at being herself, to me that is everything...

Honesty. Just Honesty!

I'd say someone I like being with so compatibility.

SamL Level 7 Oct 22, 2017

Compatibility.

Rational Thought

Trust, both ways

The lady I am currently involved with understands that I am a reserved person and appreciates the fact that we can spend time together and just be together,,,, not needing to always be talking... just enjoying each other.

Peace and serenity

Some one who accepts me for who I am, not who they think l can be. I ain't a fixer-upper.

#1 has to be compassion. If someone doesn't have concern and compassion for others, I have a difficult time connecting with them.

Honesty

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.