Agnostic.com

186 9

What are you most looking for in a relationship? Just your # 1 Thing

Just your #1 top pick
What is the most important quality in a partner? Is it a great sexual partner? Is it someone who can bring home a nice paycheck? Or is it something else?

ProudHeathen 5 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

186 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A pulse!

Friendship is the foundation...

Common interests, similar sense of humor, and compassion for others.

I was surprised when I found someone I could trust, and liked that feeling more than being in love.

Honesty. I’m an irrational person and tend to let little things bother me so if those little things actually mean something, I’d like to know. Yes, I have trust issues so you’d need to cater to everything about me before I even consider letting you into the rest of my life. I would of course return the favor, but I would feel better about doing that if I knew what I was catering to.

Adam7 Level 4 Mar 26, 2018

i know that's right! freaking me, too..wow- you really nailed that. noiice.

Connection on a deep level
Then great love making, because we know each other deeply.

Sex is great, a fat paycheck would be lovely but for me it is someone I feel totally relaxed with and whom I love little more each day.

The most important quality in a partner, is their ability to mentally stimulate me. Debate with me. Challenge me. MAKE ME THINK! When we visit, I want to be different, better, at the end than when we entered the conversation.

I tend to avoid relationships in the traditional sense because I feel like it adds needless weight and social contracts that in the end make people unhappy over time. I tend to take a more free approach to love, and just befriend people and go with the flow as to what happens.

I look at how someone treats others. Being trans, gender doesn't matter to me. I fall for those who practice virtue and look to do good for others

The most important thing in a relationship is loyalty. Without it you will have betrayal!

I'm attracted to intelligence and humor, so they are necessary. But I think the most important quality is the trust that stems from honesty.

CS60 Level 7 Nov 4, 2017

This is difficult because I have several things that I would put as number 1. However, I would have to say a close friendship is the number 1 thing. It appears from studies that friendship is what holds people together in a happy way the longest. If people are true close friends then the sex life, the other issues regarding money, and any other issue can be worked out. And, when there are times that sex may not be as important due to medical issues, friendship can outlast everything else.

Honesty, pure and simple.

a passion for life

Intelligence, it is truly sexy and hard to find!

A pulse, a pulse IS a must has to be. A woman who is caring and kind, not greedy, I hate that.

co-operation and laughter

Honesty.

Orly Level 5 Oct 19, 2017

Common interest and we don't need to have the same views we just need to understand and respect eachothers views

I think truth is the most important thing with a celebrated helping of honesty. I'm not quite sure compatability is everything. We can't all be into the same thing.

Right now. I just want someone who will take the time to meet me. I'm currently getting a run around, and it blows.

If I didn't live approximately 1,357.2 miles from you. I would gladly meet you. I imagine l would be excited to meet you, but I do live approximately 1,357.2 miles from Los Angeles. 🙂

Number 1 top pick? The man has to be really, reeeeeealy smart. If he's highly intelligent, he will think things through and we'll always have lots to talk about!

Meshing so well with a person that you essentially merge. Two halves of a whole.

Respect. Because we can agree to disagree on things all day and every day. But if they do not respect themselves or me, then they just slide into asshole behaviors. If you have respect for yourself and others, you don't have to be a mega-asshole to get what you want. You will already know what to say and do to care for yourself and others. May be naive, I know, but respect goes a long way.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.