Agnostic.com

186 9

What are you most looking for in a relationship? Just your # 1 Thing

Just your #1 top pick
What is the most important quality in a partner? Is it a great sexual partner? Is it someone who can bring home a nice paycheck? Or is it something else?

ProudHeathen 5 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

186 comments (126 - 150)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

#1 Intelligence, it’s a no-brainer. Sorry.
I think that helps everything from sense of humor to meaningful conversation and understanding emotions.

A big....brain! Intelligence is a big part of my attraction to someone, and being able to have intelligent conversations certainly keeps things interesting.

A companion to share life's adventures

Sorry, but I can't name just one. There are too many of equal value to name just one as a top pick.

Ideally, someone who is happily and securely childfree (doesn't have kids and doesn't want any).

Vulnerability.

Honesty

I am in a place in life that has left me wanting a life long partner that will help take care of me , and in turn I will take care of them. . Someone who is wanting to go on silly road trips and create our own adventure. I've raised my kids, I've worked hard and I am ready to be pampered and to pamper my mate. I want tlc, and I want to give it back. I want to laugh easily and share a life that is full of awesomeness.

I have my own nice paycheck, so a man's income doesn't interest me (save for how that reflects his education and abilities), but what I want in a partner is companionship - a connection and communication!

Rustee Level 7 July 17, 2018

A deep connection.

Though, of course, it won't work if they're not a great sexual partner, or if they view me as a paycheck generator.

Companionship

Yes... definitely yes.!!!

Tomas Level 7 June 15, 2018

LOL, "yes" to what, exactly?!?

@Rustee guess it was a sarcastic “yes” to all of the above and .... or fill in the blank... open to any ideas... maybe.

@Tomas - Sorry to be slow on the uptake! That is what I thought you meant, but I tend to assume someone else's answer is the one I might choose!!

Well, there are actually three things for me, I want laughter, friendship, and romance.

SamL Level 7 Mar 9, 2018

Someone who "gets" me and vice-versa.

Someone who gets me and laughs with me. if you could spend a minute in my head and not go insane we would be a perfect match.

Just somebody who honestly loves me

That elusive middle ground where they don't want to just put another notch on their bedpost and move on, but they're also not choosing bridesmaids' dresses after exchanging three texts.

Seriously, though. It's mostly about finding the right balance between freedom and commitment, for me. I don't want to be in anyone's pocket (ever again.) I don't particularly want to cohabit (that might change as I get older.) But I do crave that special connection with one human being, where we're both more important to each other than just about anything else in the world. Someone who texts or phones every day, and who I see most weekends, would be ideal.

Someone who will give me space. At this point in my life I'm totally self-sufficient and don't need someone else. I could handle a relationship with someone like me. I wouldn't mind being wanted but don't want to be needed.

I think having a lot in common is one of the most important things for a good relationship. I like to have someone I can talk to about things and have them at least give a crap about what I care about. A lot of money isn't important, but after my marriage and supporting a husband for quite a few years, just having a job of his own is a must-have.

Used to be big tits, but now its no drama and a shared interest in having a pleasant time.

About how long ago did you ditch the big tits desire/requirement to have great interpersonal romantic relationship?

@BlueWave I admit to being just humorous here although I did put way too much importance on the physical side in my youth. Truthfully intelligent conversation is more of a turn on nowadays. I have been single all but 6 years of my adult life, I have lived a wonderful and interesting life. I am looking for no one but would enjoy a good, intelligent companion.

Shared experience. exploring the world, learning and growing together.

Physical attraction, good communication, common interests.

Companionship. The ability to share a multitude of experience with a positive outlook and a genuine curiosity about the world, and enjoy doing it together.

Intelligent conversation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.