Agnostic.com

186 9

What are you most looking for in a relationship? Just your # 1 Thing

Just your #1 top pick
What is the most important quality in a partner? Is it a great sexual partner? Is it someone who can bring home a nice paycheck? Or is it something else?

ProudHeathen 5 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

186 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A real connection. Where the two are part of something that is bigger than the two of them. Being a real team together.

Love.
That's the most important thing to me.

Love is important, but love goes away without something more, don't you think?

I think love is the solid foundation everything else is built on.
Once you have love, the other things fall into place. 🙂

A generous partner who will be there with me through the hard times and still find it in her heart to want and love being with me.

As cliche as it sounds, right now I'd be happy with someone who can hold a decent conversation, free of fake news and conspiracy theories. Of course I'd hope to find good chemistry too, among other things. But a great conversation, say in the morning over coffee, would be my ideal mate right now.

Honest communication. Everything else follows.

Clear and meaningful communication

Loyalty

Are you related to Trumpolini?

@Countrywoman not that I'm aware...

Kindness. To me, to others, to himself, to animals, to the planet. 👍

My answer is in the question: a partner. Not just a friend, not just a lover, not just a paycheck. A partner. Someone to lean on, cheer for, help out, play with, cuddle, laugh with, talk to, fuck, share responsibility with, and all that jazz. The only hitch is that they must be present to win.

Common interests. Everything else is either a given in a relationship like faithfulness, honesty, and sexual satisfaction or are personal preferences like body shape, hair color, or even if they have kids or not. I need to be able to mutually enjoy some things with my significant other, not all the things, but enough to where we aren't always perusing different avenues for entertainment or adventure as otherwise things won't make it far. What's the point in sharing your life with someone if you aren't really sharing anything with each other? I almost said altruism but that's one of those givens as it's hard to be with someone who treats others poorly.

Looking to fall in love with my best friend. Above all else, I want her to be someone I can always go to and always be friends with.

Honesty from day one.
My last relationship I came across a paper one day while he was at work that went through the “pros and cons of dating me” and the only pro was “gives me someone to cum into” and on the con side it went on and on about how I wasn’t pretty or skinny and how he didn’t even want to be seen in public with me. Funny thing is that he was the one who initiated contact with me. He knew what I looked like, I don’t hide that.

I'm sorry to say and I probably shouldn't, but your last "boyfriend" was a complete ass. You are attractive, more importantly, you're intelligent and engaging. So I would have told him to KMA and walked away

A good companion. By that, I mean someone who shares many interests and wants to pursue them together.

a petite woman with lots in common for a deep connection as best friends and lovers

Friendship

Trust, I left my last relationship because of trust.

I want a woman who complements me who I also complement. It's all about the complements... with an "e"! Looking at a relationship and judging that is a scary thing because it will change how you feel about the relationship for the better or worse.

Honesty and integrity. Honest with themselves and with others. Integrity to walk the talk, to follow through.

No drama. I want someone who would mesh well, and would never argue over nonsense. Good conversation/intelligence is a close second, if not as important.

really a connection, so i'm not bored when i'm not doing the sexual stuff.

Are you looking for that connections only in a shared sexual contexts or just general overall attachment to mutual interests?

Sincerity.
Women seem to be wat too two faced and always seem to hold out for the next best guy.

If you feel like you're being left behind for the next best guy, my advice, for what it's worth is spend more time selecting a woman based more on how compatible she is, and less on is she beautiful enough on the outside to impress my friends. If you're already doing that, then the last tidbit of advice would be, try to listen to her and when she needs space give her space and when she needs attention give her attention. If she's the right one for you, she'll be doing the same for you.

That was sound advice for this lad, took me a few years to learn those things, too, many men forget that women are far superior communicators than men, the art listening is a big part of that.

Loyalty is what I want most in a relationship.

Shared values.

I didn't have my glasses on at first. Thought that said "virus". Whew.

And humor. Humor can get couples through tense moments or stressful situations when used properly.

Someone that doesn't run away? 😛

Someone who is interesting

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.