Agnostic.com

186 9

What are you most looking for in a relationship? Just your # 1 Thing

Just your #1 top pick
What is the most important quality in a partner? Is it a great sexual partner? Is it someone who can bring home a nice paycheck? Or is it something else?

ProudHeathen 5 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

186 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Someone who will paint my toenails on my beautiful feet.

Moral support and encouragement. Someone who is there when I wake up in the morning, drinking coffee together and planning the next adventure with me, not telling me what great things they are going to do, what do I have planned, etc. I just want to be part of the partnership.

Someone willing to scratch the hard to reach part on my back. Oh yeah, that’s the spot..

Marz Level 7 Apr 25, 2018

And I cannot help but envision my dog with that leg-thumping reaction.... Oh, yeah!!

Kindness

Count Level 5 Apr 18, 2018

Intelligence in a woman is the most important thing to me.

Intellect

Mental strength and a kind heart.

Thunderbolts!

Compatibility, getting along.... Too simplistic?

Connection. Not necessary chemistry, but that feeling that you could talk to this person for hours about anything, where nothing feels forced or rushed.

Yes. Such a great answer, ty!

I have to chuckle a bit. You specifically said "just your #1 thing" and very few answers have just one thing. We humans are stubborn.

I stay away from gold diggers, that’s my #1 pet peve.
Also women that high maintenance.
To much makeup is a turn off.
Just an average bod is good with me no need to be a super model.
Chemistry is also important to me.
If finding thease traits are hard to find thease days.

Honesty.

Kanda Level 5 Jan 20, 2018

Trust is the baseline for me.

Connection...every relationship from a pet to a lover. Connection!

Does "breathing" count?

Friendship + Connection. I think it's very important to be friends and have things in common.

Overall compatibility , and that indefinable spark !

Radical honesty. Which requires a great deal of self awareness. If you have a propensity for fooling yourself, you will inadvertently be dishonest with others. "The first rule is do not fool yourself. And you're the easiest person to fool" - Richard Feynman

Intelligence and humor (yes it’s two things, but I find intelligence and humor go hand-in-hand)

Intelligence and humor go hand in hand. You can't really have one without the other

Honesty

Compatibility is the one word. For me that implies very smart, independent thinker, mutual chemistry, and has their shit together.

Spice and shared companionship. Care to move to Ohio? 🙂

Love. First and foremost! I miss being in love... that thrill you get when they're calling or on their way home. Now that I'm over 60, my mother advises me to be satisfied with just "companion". Unfortunately I haven't even managed to find that lately! But what I really want is that mutual "I just want to be with you" feeling.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.