Agnostic.com

90 10

What is something you ate growing up that you never ate again once you became an adult?

For me it is hog maws, chitterlings and pig feet. In our household you had to eat what your parents cooked or you didn't eat. I haven't had any of those things since moving out of my parents home.

Shelton 8 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

90 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sticks of Butter

Nooooo! Butter makes everything better!

@Holysocks Butter on something is great. But eating a stick of butter?

@ThisGuy
Now I see what you mean!

breast milk

We have a winner...

Tripe.

@Shelton yep! I kinda liked it. I just don't know where to get it now. It's been a long while.

Toasted mayonaise sandwiches. The mayonaise was actually Miracle Whip. Used to be my go to sandwich as a child. Doubt I've eaten one since I was 9 or 10.

Green beans, grandma wouldn't let me leave the dinner table until I ate my vegetables which happened to be green beans, personally I don't like the smell,taste or the texture of this vegetable and I must say I have never eaten them ever again.

Just one? There were many times I'd have preferred to not eat. It wasn't allowed, the tired old lecture about how they were poor growing up and I should be grateful.

Creamed corn. To this day, even the smell makes me nauseous.
Boiled spinach, the kind you get frozen in a paper box. Vomit-inducing.
Boiled okra. I can still visualize the slime.
Milk. Since my early teens. Again, it is (literally) vomit inducing. I am fine with ice cream, cheese etc.

Breakfast cereal

Pease Pudding. It is beyond revolting

Spaetzle. My oma used to make it.

Escarole. I may have the spelling wrong. It's like chewy,bitter,tough indigestible lettuce. My mom used to sautee it with olive oil and add beans to it.

"indigestible lettuce".... yikes !!... that brings back other memory from my childhood. My parents place was half block away from a big market. There was a big dumpster with all kinds of rotten crap and a lot of that was lettuce... the smell, holly guacamole !!!!... as you can guess, I am not a big fan of lettuce either

Limberger cheese~
keep the lid tightly closed,,PLEASE

Meat. I was raised on it, but I find it disgusting to kill and eat the carcasses of my fellow animals. So now I am a happy vegetarian.

good for you!

Actually, there are more things that I used to dislike when I was a kid and I love now than anything else. Am I the opposite of the rest of the World on this??? Lol!!!

Liver.

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 8, 2018

Meatloaf - I was forced. Potato Salad - I was forced. Bad TV dinners - I was forced. Devil's food cookies - I had a bad experience with them, which left me psychologically damaged.

Of all of the reasons I've heard for being psychologically damaged, I must say meat loaf and potato salad are the most interesting, by far. 🙂 😉

@Lavergne It was the Devil's food cookies that did it. I was sitting in the grass in our back yard, with a box of devil's food cookies nearby, while coloring with crayons. I went to grab a cookie, but accidentally grabbed a crayon and took a bite. Life has never been the same.

@sfvpool hahahah.....aahh yes - the devil made me do it. definitely.

Lima beans and cow tongue.

Pigs ears....My description is, disgusting

Potato and onions

Liver. So gross.

My parents catered to my picky eating, but I used to eat pickled beets and margarine out of the tub. Eww.

Chicken liver. My little sister loved it, so we would try to create distractions and put it on her plate when our parents weren't looking.

Sliced hot dogs in BBQ sauce and fried spam

Milk. I drank lots is a kid, but haven't had a glass in fifty years.

Liver..... I was very very poor and my parents sucked as providers so I would pretty much eat anything that I could get ahold of once I grew up and could get my own food I found out there were a whole lot of things I didn't like

My dad made me drink dextrose milk after he got a case of it and didn't like it. I hated it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:173559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.