Agnostic.com

38 12

QUESTION Oklahoma Lawmaker: Rape and Incest are the ‘Will of God’

It's things like this that make me feel ill, when I think about religion.

snytiger6 9 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If he ever gets anally raped, (and I hope he does) I hope the police dismiss the seriousness of it and tell him it was god's will.

I don't wish that on anyone, but in his case it would be a sweet irony.

@snytiger6 Wishing ill on someone is nothing more than a descriptive tool to show how much disdain you have for them, until such time that my wishes come true and then I'm a fuckin' superhero and won't really care about all those pieces of shit I brought harm to.

What a vile human being that legislator is!

Then God is a piece of shit.

Uhh - you mean if god existed?

@Iffy Yeah, although I don't believe in god, I started out by realizing in my teen years that if god existed, then he was definitely NOT really worth worshiping.

I can't even get beyond the titles on these things

I hear you. If the rest of the story is half as bad as the title, it will just piss me off. I'm trying to get less pissed-off in my old age.

Fuck him, and his fake-ass god. People like him really piss me off.

It's people like him who make me think that beign religious is a kind of mental illness.

@snytiger6 I am completely convinced that religious faith is a voluntary mental illness. It's rooted in deliberate delusion.

What the actual fuck???

That's exactly why I'll be a candidate for state senate. Keep religion out of the public sector. I might not win, but a lot of people will get my message. Why is one religion better than the other? What about the separation of state and church? Why doesn't (almost) everyone not care about this. It is a woman's body and she should be able to do whatever she wants with it! No self-righteous MAN should dictate.

Ugh! I’m so fucking glad to be moving out of Oklahoma in three months! This pisses me off! Fuck his fake ass god! It’s ironic they believe eight people repopulate the whole earth by the billions today.

I love your post's hashtag: #God swill, indeed! Funny these self-appointed arbiters of righteousness never talk about God's will applying to the election of politicians they despise. They only invoke it to cover THEIR cherished causes.

Would he think it's the will of God for someone to shove a bat with shards of glass and spikes on it up his ass?

To these people EVERYTHING is the will god and is god's plan.

There you go when you bring "God" into the equation, its an excuse for anything

That piece of shit masquerading as a legislator needs to be voted out pronto!

...until a mistress gets pregged.

Then you see it for the thin veneer of politicking that it is.

That just happened a few months ago...

Is he committing the crime of incest? See, if he thinks incest is the will of god I am pretty sure he may be a "practitioner".

Please, excuse my French...but I can't f...g believe mentally disturbed people such as this lawmaker are in office.

What a thoroughly repulsive person!

What an ass hole...

He was trying to defend his anti-abortion bill using the bible. Using the government to keep the men in power and use the women to serve the men. Patriarchy at its worst.

CS60 Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

Immoral, offensive bastard. And sanctioned by god... fuck them all religion and religious freaks.

10/11/17 Rapist wins shared custody of victim's child

[google.com]

10/12/17 Rapist loses shared custody

SMDH

I think it shoudl become federal law that rapists hve no parental right for any children resulting from a rape/ However, they shoudl also be held 100% financially responsible for the raising of that child. After all, there was no consent or decision by the woman toi have sex. It was all the rapist.

If the right wing wants to hold women reponsible for getting pregnant when they do consent to sex, then they shoudl hold the rapist responsible for when they don't consent.

@snytiger6 It would be nice. As a college instructor, I was appalled to hear so many (especially female) students say that rape happens because of the victim's style of dress. My question was what's so sexy about a 6-month-old baby or 95-year-old woman?

I always thought god was a psycho.

As disgusting as this imbecile is, the sad and scary part is he's not the only elected dimwit that thinks like that. I would almost bet that there's bunches of them all over the place. Pence is probably in the club. A lot of these assholes wouldn't mind a Hand Maid's Tale kind of society.

The Oklahoma electorate should be ashamed they put this asshole in office. What a freak!

The thing is, he's right.

If there's a god, sitting up there, watching over us, giving the thumbs up or thumbs down to conception, as a lot of Christians believe, then that god sometimes gives the green light to pregnancy in cases of rape and incest. If that god didn't approve of these things, then they would never result in the miracle of life.

It's one of my favourite reasons for calling bullshit on the whole thing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17974
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.