Agnostic.com

23 13

Tell Me About The Worst Date You Have Ever had....

So I went on a blind date with a guy my friend thought I should meet.

This guy was like 45 minutes late arriving a the restaurant.
During dinner and conversation, he tells me he and his wife are separated but live under the same roof.
So I am Totally Not Interested at this point.
After dinner, the waiter brings the check and hands it to him.
I ask "would you like me to take care of it of we can split the check" his response was " yes you can take care of it"

I took care of the check and left. I got in my car and sat there for a few minutes as I call my friend to tell her about this dude and to ask her to NEVER FIX ME UP AGAIN!

Out of no where this dude walks up and knocks on my window and he was like " hey can you give me a boost, my battery is dead"

I said no and drove away.....

Please tell me about your bad Date Experience..

twshield 8 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was a coffee date..which, like you, I paid for..he showed up in his uniform...a SWAT team uniform..we made small talk..then he just looked at me said.."Can we go back to your place now..I'd like a blowjob and I'm still on duty"..I just blinked my eyes..stood up and said "A blowjob for a cup of coffee that I paid for?..aaah NO" and walked away..what a douche..I started calling men like him Quagmires..lol

OMG I would LIKE to say I'm surprised, but....

holy shit! in retrospect you would throw your coffee in his face!

@Funeralgirl that would have been assault on a police officer..ain't no man worth going to jail over.

@Charlene oh the "swat team" uniform, I get that now.. LOL.. still, would be tempting to accidentally "spill" that coffee.

@Funeralgirl trust me I played it out in my mind..he was also 100# larger than me..

@twshield
It's the whole "Shemale" or"Tranny" fanatsy that's played out daily..I love the word Shemale as a political expression..I would like to co-opt for the MtF transcommunity..as in "Shemale and Proud!"

@silvereyes lololololol..he was even shaking his leg up&down...Lolololol

Mine was from an online dating site, we agreed to meet for coffee, she insisted I pick her up, which I really advise girls against. She lived about an hours drive away in the next state. Went to the door, introduced myself. Drove to another suburb, walked around a large shopping precinct and eventually settled on somewhere for a coffee. She was totally obnoxious, racists, bigoted, rude. Then she decided she wanted lunch. She literally ate like a pig, talked while she was eating, food going everywhere.I just wanted to walk off and leave her there, but the gentleman in me didn't. Then she wanted to walk around the shops. Finally we left, I drove her home, walked her to her door and she invited me in. I declined. She reworded her offer making it quite clear the was more than coffee being offered. I still declined, said good bye and left. I got home to a real long and abusive email, basically it boiled down to her opinion that when a woman offers herself, a gentleman must accept. The memory of her eating makes me lose my appetite even now, 8 years later.

yikes, you poor guy. glad you escaped.

That's blatant sexual harassment.

@SteveB I guess it is like jail, the sex you want, you don't get, and the sex you get, you don't want.

There is a reason you both get yourselves Only to a coffee look-see! The fact that she was willing to let you know where she lived without knowing anything about you is a HUGE red flag!

Early twenties my dad set me up on a blind date. Looking back I barely remember even talking to the guy. He took me to stock car races. Thought my hearing would never be the same. And he had his beefy arm around my shoulders most of the time. Needless to say, I left deaf, dumber for watching stock car racing and a sore back from Mr. Beefy Arm. I told my dad that if he EVER set me up on another blind date I was moving away and leaving no forwarding address.

I don't know about worse...maybe...but definitely embarrassing. I had been dating a man, and after a while, we decided to progress to sexual intimacy. I guess he was too eager or something....we were sitting in a Denny's having lunch, and all of a sudden, he stood up, said "Can you see how excited I am?" and thrust his pelvis forward to show off his erection. Mind you, we are both in our 60s...I could not believe what he did.

marga Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

Not even the teensiest bit pleasantly surprised you were soooo exciting to him?

@SteveB I worked at a cafeteria monitor in college. A Tech University that was 90 percent male. I got to use a very similar adage regularly. You weren't allowed to take food out of the cafeteria so it was "Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?". 😉

@twshield Actually, I wasn't that impressed 🙂

I'm sorry... But that is god dawn hilarious!
Hahaha

I haven't been on many dates as I've had a few very long term relationships/marriages but back in the early 80's before cell phones and such, I had a guy trying to put the moves on me and I just wasn't feeling it.

He got pissed off and told me he was gonna leave me there on the beach unless I became friendlier. My car keys were in my purse with me of course (most of my friends did not have a car) so I walked about 7 1/2 miles home.

To this day, I meet wherever we are going just in case.

Wow so glad you didn't get back in the car with him! Lunatic.

I had someone threaten to dump me off along I-95 at 2AM in the rain. I told him I would have him charged with kidnapping and he dropped me off at home.
Been grabbed several times...back when I was YOUNG, that is...
Had a guy write to me that I deserved to be raped b/c I rejected a SECOND (?) 'date' which consisted of a drive-by. Scary shit.

Met a cute guy in a nightclub back in the 90s. He asked me out, and I accepted. We met for dinner at a now defunct Mexican chain restaurant. The dinner was the free taco buffet that was going on. Apparently he thought that was significant wooing, because he then felt it was a good idea to ask me if I’d be willing to wrestle one of his female friends while he watched. That would be a big nope. Then I find out that he’s a complete bible thumper who protested abortion clinics in his spare time. Great, now it’s time for you to go! And...then his car wouldn’t start, same as someone who posted above, and I had to call AAA to jump his jalopy. Never heard from, or saw him anywhere again, thankfully.

@SteveB I do believe it was either mud, or being oiled up....it was truly one of the most wack experiences of my life!

That sucks man. They can't all be winners.

I went on a date once where the girl ended up going home with another guy. To make I worse it was a double date with the people who set us up. It was pretty embarrassing at the time. Kinda funny now though.

I had entirely forgotten a "date" I had where the guy ended up with another woman by the end of the night! Flashback! - So glad it was only three wasted dates.

Had been seeing this woman for a while. On a drive home from friends' cook out with my daughter in the back seat. Listening to jazz on local radio when date woman brags that she'd had sex with the radio DJ in her past. I guess she thought saying that would raise my and my daughter's opinion of her...it didn't. Last date with her it was.

omg, and to top it off, your daughter was in the car. why am I single, Im so normal it's crazy. (after reading all this stuff,Im EXTRA normal LOL)

It was a blind date a friend fixed me up with. The four of us went dancing and when she found out I did not drink, she had nothing to do with me the entire night, like I wasn't even there. She danced with who she wanted and I did the same.

No class, that woman.

I was set up with a date by a friend of mine from work . She was a very attractive girl and we went to a nice restaurant. I could see soon enough that there was not much of a connection. When I talked to my friend later, I told him that I didn’t think she liked me. My friend was a little reluctant to tell me that she told him that I was too nice . I laughed and said I guess Its true that nice guys do finnish last.

I invited someone I’d been talking to for some time to a play. I don't remember the play, but I remember our conversation. We initialy talked about books but then got on religion. She asked which church I go to and I told her I was an Atheist. She made a confused/shocked expresion, said the date was over and that I “could’ve been the one.” Oh well.

I talked to a woman online, not on a dating site though. She asked a lot of questions about my life, job, kids, etc. And was really odd about it, but I unwittingly revealed that I was going to be going to a concert at my kids' school. We didn't live very close together, but my ex and kids lived about halfway between us.

In our conversation she informed me that she had a daughter who was a couple years older than my daughter. She also mentioned that she had a roommate who was an older man. After a couple more online conversations, I gave her my cell number. She was weird, but it was a prepaid phone. I was comfortable with that. When we spoke on the phone, she told me that her roommate and daughter were giving her a load of crap and teamed up against her. I said that was bizarre, but she told me her roommate is the girl's father.

Okay, I bet you're thinking what the fuck was I thinking when. I agreed to a date, right?

When she asked me to meet her that weekend. I mentioned that I had plans."Oh yeah, the concert, right? I'll just meet you there."

Holy shit, I thought this woman was going to meet my children. I agreed to meet her at a park and go to lunch with her before I went to the concert alone.

The first thing she said to me, "You're not exactly the man of my dreams, but I'd fuck you." It got worse from there. I treated her to pizza, went to see my kids' concert, and never talked to her again.

JimG Level 8 Feb 12, 2018

Boundaries, man. Boundaries.

I answered this once before but it has an addendum. Met someone from dating site in my car for dinner. Phone call in parking lot revealed he forgot his reading glasses. Next door was Barnes and Noble Bookstore, a place he had never frequented. So after traipsing through the snow and ice in parking lot back to restaurant we are seated and the horror show began. He couldn't decide what to order and consulted his Siri on his cell phone.He didn't drink alcohol so I felt uncomfortable ordering a drink. When dinner was done he fretted over how much to leave for a tip-I offered the correct percentage and he consulted his Siri again ignoring me. We left the restaurant looking for a sports bar to watch the Pats game. He drove around in circles-no idea where he was going and I followed in my car until I found a place to turn around and announced I was going home. Later that evening I came down with food poisoning for 3 days. He called several times-wanting to know why I left. Gave him the brush off several times - now on vacation out west he called again. I never answered.

Thats ok-on vacation with fellow site member going on 3 weeks.

You've got it @silvereyes

Once, when I was 19, I went out with a friend of a friend. We had the normal dinner date, went to a local make out spot for a while, and then I drove her around at her behest to "friends" houses. Very seedy friends. We would go in and she would disappear, then return and say she wanted to leave. Each time she would be a bit more tipsy. After a couple of stops, she was so drunk that she get sick and threw up out my car door.

I told her she needed to go home, and asked for directions to her house as I didn't remember how to get there.

She wouldn't tell me, and I ended up driving around town looking for her house. Eventually I found it and got her inside and into bed (not like that you creeps, lol)

I had hung out with her before, without the drinking/drugs and I liked her sober.

She called me the next day concerned, and asked if we had sex. I said of course not you were smashed. She was relieved and that was the last time I talked to her.

I found out from our mutual friend that she was also doing cocaine with the alcohol.

Wow - yours is hard to top.

The worst one that comes to mind is a set-up date. Some of my colleagues at work fixed me up with a very attractive co-worker who wasn't in my management chain. We had met a few times that were work related. It hadn't occurred to me to ask her out as I knew she lived in LA and I was in the silicon valley. Apparently she was going to take a new position and was going to move near me.

We go to a really nice restaurant, the conversation is going well, and there seemed to be mutual attraction. Somehow age came up, it turned out I was a few years younger than her (I was in my 30s). She was astonished and turned icy. The rest of the date was painful and there wasn't a second one. She never did move from LA...

wow, what a total loser, good for you for leaving him with his dead car though!

I'm sure that there must have been a bad date in there somewhere but not bad enough that I remember. Plus I never did, and even now, don't date much. That's why I'm so bad at it. 🙂

Worst first date was similar to your experience in meeting someone separated but still living together. Not.Interested. When I asked why that wasn't in his profile as I wouldn't have responded to him, he said he didn't want women to exclude him because of it. I've had quite a few along those lines, where the men either flat out lied in their profile or deliberately left something out just to get more opportunities.

I've never gone on a blind date, and I'm pretty damned shy, so dates with relative strangers have never been a thing for me. And after reading these horror stories, I'm feeling a LOT better about that lack of experiences lol

Damn TW, I don't blame you. I would have left with the quickness.

This wasn't so much a blind date, but more so a blind-hook up.
My brother and one of my friends was trying to hook me up with this one girl that they knew.
(When I say hook up, I mean it in both uses of the word)
So I was throwing a small barbecue for a few people just for the hell of it.
So, my brother and friend decided to bring her around and upon sight, I had bad vibes about her.

I didn't want to be rude, although I wasn't the friendliest person then. (Still not)
I introduced myself and immediately those bad vibes intensified.
She had one of the most vile attitudes you could imagine. She was beyond apathetic. She didn't want to be there. She was rude as hell to some of my friends. She wasn't paying me any mind. Guess she didn't like the way I looked, she even said a few off comments about me to someone at the 'Que. Guess she didn't think it would get back to me, but I couldn't have giving a fuck less. I didn't care for nasty attitude. So I continued to do my thing. Was tempted to kick her ass out of the gathering. But I paid her no mind.

This girl had some if the worse table manners I've ever seen in my life. Chewing with her mouth open. Talking while eating. Interrupting people's conversations. The usual shit you would expect.
Eventually she left with someone else and I told my brother and friend to never do that shit again.

I've been asked out a few times , but was too stoned to remember the date that I agreed to . Worst dates I've had , were the ones I Forgot about . Man I could still kick myself to this day !

Dougy Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

Yikes!
I had a date with a man back in the 1990s, where we went on a walk before lunch.
When we saw some birds, I made a comment about that warbler species being endangered because of loss of habitat.

He actually SAID, "Well, if birds are going extinct, they should just do so."
Later, during lunch, he bragged that he was strip mall developer, and talked about how much money he made on each project.

I fell silent.
He then looked worried and remarked, "You're not going to go out with me again, are you?"
I smiled as I rose from the table, "Good guess!"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23647
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.