Agnostic.com

21 5

Are You Watching the Oscars?

I am and I'm also making a list of movies I'll watch. So far: Shape of Water, Florida Project, "Billboard.. " something or other with actor Rockwell.

LilAtheistLady 7 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Get Out was really good.

Yup, gotta watch that one.

Aaaaannnddd Get Out just won an Oscar.....that was a great, disturbing movie.

glad it won something. I considered it the best movie last year.

I am so watching Get Out 🙂

@kauva just because you considered it the best movie last year does not meant it was the best movie last year. I watched it along with "Cure for Wellness". And I was more impressed with the "Cure for Wellness". Neither was oscar worth.

I understand the difference between opinion and fact. I w as expressing opinion.

Nope. Can't stand the preshow where all the peacocks are strutting in to the show. Can't stand listening to the people prattle on when they get an award. Just not my cup of tea.

@Fanburger Was there a tinge of sarcasm in your comment? It felt like it. Not offended, just curious. I'm not opposed to the exploring of our humanity. There is so much more that could be done, and I suppose they do their part. But a lot of our society lift up actors as well as athletes and musicians to the status of demigods. I just don't buy into the whole scene. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy movies, music, and certain sports. But the people who provide this entertainment are doing just that, providing entertainment. Our "rock stars" should be those involved in medicine and other areas that enhance the lives of the people on earth. Just my two cents.

I'm watching, and enjoying. A few movies I'd like to see. Your list is good. Also, Ladybird and Black Panther.

Hell no...I have a life that's full and genuine.

Nope, watching something waaay more important..The Walking Dead..

It's over! Already!

why would you?

I'm watching, and enjoying. A few movies I'd like to see. Your list is good. Also, Ladybird and Black Panther.

Nah. I didnt even know they were coming up before seeing this post. Its all rigged right?

Yep! So far it has been a good show.

Me Me Me ! 🙂

No TV, so missed. Did you like ?

Slept thru the whole thing. And I feel good about it. I do sleep thru a lot of awards ceremonies of every kind. From olimpics to elections.

I watched it off and on, and Jane Fonda looked damn amazing I mean WHO is her doctor holy shit she looked gorgeous. The rest of it was just ok. everyone looked nice.

No way, no how.

No watching my romantic Hallmark series When Calls the Heart-Home is Where the Heart is. A special episode for series regulars.

Yup - watching. Didn't see that many of them this year. It always gives me an idea of what upcoming (out of theatre) movies will be worth watching.

Oscar who?

I was running an Oscar contest for my film group, the prize two movie passes, but only two people entered. With almost six weeks of notice, one of the people sent the answers after the show was over, disqualify themselves. So it was a lot less fun than I thought it would be. I didn't watch it, I just got the answers from the Academy's website.

No TV, so missed. Did you like ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32614
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.