Agnostic.com

23 1

If "the meaning of life is to make life meaningful," how are you making your life meaningful today?

#Fun
Kyle 4 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

By disagreeing with the basis of your question and therefore treating it as a hypothetical or rhetorical question.

marga Level 7 Mar 7, 2018

Watching MSNBC and responding to members on this site.

Eating pizza and watching basketball

I am the main source of comfort and emotional support for my kids who have to spend what they feel is too much time with my ex-wife. Ex is very religious, very controlling, and very conservative. My kids are very non-believing and very kid-liberal (working their individual paths along a spectrum from anarchy to feminist to left of center). Complicating things is the fact that I have one transboy son, one bi daughter, and one lesbian daughter. Ex tends to minimize and torment them at every turn. They’re infinitely more comfortable around me. I encourage them to find themselves and enjoy what they enjoy.

I got out of bed.

Definitely know what you're saying!

@kmdskit3 sadly 🙂

Your statement does not say anything. It uses a term to define itself -- circular reasoning.

One more day of class while earning a Master's in Instructional Technology/Assistive Technology so that one day I can work towards making accessibility and Universal Design a forethought, not an afterthought.

I'm spending the evening in intimate conversation with a friend I love.

Im just trying to enjoy life. And give my kids the best life possible.

Trying to have an emotional clue and care.

Ringing my intellectually disabled sister, I try and ring her 3 or 4 times a week, most people cannot understand her speech.

I write.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 7, 2018

Not answering every question about meaning posted in my face.

I'm starting from the beginning with positive self-talk.

By being there for my brother during his fight against cancer.

By going to work, which is about helping people with learning disabilities.

By doing what I want to do and enjoy doing.

By simply enjoying the moments - a bunch at a time, and getting out from under the pressure to always make it "meaningful" !

Keeping things 'close to the chest,' when I am not feeling all that strong and competent! And giving out more of myself, when I feel strong and focused. Always, keeping 'for the better good,' in my minds eye! Welcome to this group of 'heavy thinking' people (some on the lighter side, too)!

Every day that I am at work I am saving lives. I don't get recognition that doctors and nurses and police and firefighters and paramedics get but I rest easy because I don't need recognition to know that I helped save someone's life. To me the best thing I can do is to dedicate my life to helping others. That is what gives my life meaning, to help others

I thought the meaning of life was to be happy..within yourself.

Continuing my writing and always battling to maintain attention and motivation doing it. A meaningful life, to me, is one that left something behind that proves it was there. I have never been especially good at anything and certainly not good enough to make an impact that will last beyond my grave. So I have taken to writing in hopes that I can put something our into the ether that only I can call my own. Write, write, write...

The ACC men's basketball tournament, baby! Go Wolfpack!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33708
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.