Agnostic.com

38 2

Out of the many dangerous diseases, which one terrify you the most?

EmeraldJewel 7 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ebola, but I keep praying that Trump will get it. If he does I might go back to theism again.

Lmfao!

Deno Penno .Any one wishing this on another individual deserves to get it themselves.You are pathetic

@juli15 It's also satire, Juli. Trump will not get the disease and I will not go back to theism.

Leprosy and being religious. (Lol)

Leprosy always scared to Hell out of me!!!

Treated and cured with antibotics today.

@EmeraldJewel Me too.

Necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating bacteria) and Naegleria fowleri (brain amoeba)

Fatal exposure to Latin.

Alzheimer's. My grandfather had it, and it was a depressing experience.

Marz Level 7 Mar 13, 2018

Alzheimer's. I watched my father turn into a husk of himself; on the outside he looked the same, but there was nothing left of him internally. I don't think he recognized anyone, you could not have a conversation with him, he reached the point where he could no longer feed himself. And ridiculous though it was, I was so MAD at him for disappearing and leaving me stuck with my mom. Now every time I put something in the wrong place or can't remember a word, I wonder if it is starting for me.

“I don't ask you to love me always like this but I ask you to remember. Somewhere inside of me there will always be the person I am tonight.”

• F Scott Fitzgerald.

I am so sorry you had to mourn for someone before they died.

ignorance, above all else is the most destructive

Don't pet strangely friendly rabbits.

@BufftonBeotch

@JohnnyThorazine lololololololol

Alzheimers, and MS

Ignorance!

One disease exists : Toxemia. the accumulation of acid wastes in the body from unhygienic practices.

have you studied the purpose of disease ?

The one that bothers me the most isn't a desease but, a parisitic bot fly known as screw worms. They have been known to lay eggs in peoples nasal cavities where they hatch and travel into the brain and eat you from the inside out.

F------------ TS!!!! GAH!

The disease that we all have, that we can't fight (although a number of us try), that is old age and its afflictions

Broken heart disease.

Anything that is mentally degenerative would be bad. I don't believe in the spirit and our bodies are pretty much just meat sacks wrapped around skeletal structures. If my mind is gone what am I really? But that's really more of a dread that a terror. If anything terrifies me, it's got to be any flesh eating disease. Cancer would suck, same with liver failure, heart problems, etc. But I think I could deal, even if I just had to resign myself to my fate. But having my flesh rot off my still living body? Fuck no. I'm out.

Ebola

Cancer...although I beat it and know it's treatable, it always in the back of my skull..always!..

Been there, done that, showed how strong I was.
I think of it as a CBE (character building experience), thought I already was a character ?

@LauraUU. It builds alot of character..

Fundamentalist Islam. Closely followed by other violent, fundamentalist memeplexes.

As the son of a mortician, having seen so many people after the worst day of their lives: none of them. Haven't met one, yet, I can't beat. I may yet meet that one, but until then I intend to keep forging ahead as I always have and just trust that my genes, and jeans, will carry the day... though, I have to admit that I am getting older and, losing some traction. 🙂

But, truthfully, none of them. I've had two bad bouts of flu. Beat them both. I annually was healthy, while my sisters were annually sick. I have ridden with a terrified Medic in a military Jeep sitting next to a guy who might've had Hepatitus. I did what the Medic was supposed to do, I sat calmly next to him, and said "you are going to be fine, don't let these guys scare you, they are just cowards for no good reason." No, I don't know how he faired, I know that I faired fine... and I didn't know how bad Hep is (at the time) but I DID know what the Medics expression meant, and I also knew that the Medic was going absolutely the WRONG thing!

Long and short: I've been exposed to a thing or two, or three, or four, and am the guy who most say 'never gets sick', though I do on occasion... and, I think it's as much mental as otherwise: if you know you can beat it, you can.

Having read the other comments, I think mine is insensitive and over the top. 😟 It's just how I feel about disease.

Oh, I have great sympathy for Alzheimers. I have had a couple of run ins with it (my mom died of something that was initially diagnosed as Alzheimer's and my father in laws father passed from it).

My experiences lead me to believe that they ARE still in there, but that their memories are jumbled. Such that they see an adult that evokes memories of the same person as a child and it's REAL enough to really upset them. They can't sort it out, and they get angry at their inability to sort it out.

I spent a lunch with my father in law, my wife and his father. His father constantly talked to me about his son (sitting right there) and basically communicated how proud he was of his son. I walked away thinking that the thing to do is appreciate that pride, that memory, NOT be upset about the fact that the individual was unable to say it to their child. He obviously remembered his son, and... I kind of thought he was talking to his son by proxy, by talking to me.

Perspective is important, I think... I am not a callous jerk, I just try to tough my way through, and I try real hard to take a few steps in others shoes in hopes of having some understanding.

Peace.

Ebola for me. Anything that slowly liquifies your innards has got to be too much to bare.

Also, parasites is a serious phobia too.

Flesh eating stuff. . . And colon cancer

Any one of the lethal auto-immunes that run throughout my family.

ALS. I can't imagine anything worse than having no control over my body with no loss of conitive ability.

The "Mad Cow" disease. Perhaps one of the most terrible things I have ever read about.

anything a mosquito can transmit.

Any disease or affliction that puts you in a vegetative state of existance but doesn't kill you. I believe that the older one gets, that is what terrifies them the most.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.