Agnostic.com

317 11

Do you ever miss the religious life?

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

317 comments (251 - 275)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't miss it but I often wonder how things went from my parents who were very devout Catholics to me not believing at all in one generation.

No way!
And I don't miss the judgemental attitudes over what is just in people's heads.

I do not miss the religious life. I never had a religious life although I grew up in a religious home.

Sometimes I miss cultural things such as food on specific events and also language beauty but don't want that as ritual cuz I hate ignorance.

Yes, Missed to be happy and stupid at the same time

As a former Mormon, I miss the music. Gee, I wish the church was true-- I'd go back and sing.

I love the amazing art produced under the auspices of the christian church, Michelangelo being my favorite. I especially like Jesus throwing the money-changers out of the temple and the strong sense of forgiveness, acceptance and doing unto others in the new testament. However I didn't have to give these up just because I am not christian any more. These ideals/ideas can exist outside of a religion. Oh, and I get my ritual fix from 12-step meetings and lifting. So there ain't much I miss.

Some of the ritual aspects. As a former catholic and wiccan, ritual was a big part. Its hard to define all the aspects to it, but I do miss that.

No, nothing about religion appeals to me. I suppose if I were less of an introvert I might miss the sense of community, but I don't need that either.

No I was not raised in a very religious family.

I miss the coffee and doughnuts every Sunday morning ..lol

sometimes yes, i wish i was fool enough to not know what i know now. couse sometimes thinking about the ending of this life make me sad actually. this is the only distraction in religion that we might call it a good thing(and the main reason why the people believe ) , but unfortunately the truth don't care about this.

never had it

I like football on Sundays.

Religions have group activities which can be very enjoyable: celebrations eg Christmas. They also provide a sense of order and comfort in the predictability of the annual calendar of events in the religion.

Not at all.....The last time I even went to a church it was-I admit-only because it was on a first date with a stunningly beautiful lab tech at the hospital I worked at...It was Pentecostal and believe me I really suffered for my evil agenda that day-lol......But I just couldnt stand it and never had a second date with her.....It simply made me nauseous.....I am in one of the dating sites in the net and my profile says I don't want to hear from anyone who is in a organized religion..

I miss not having to decide things for myself. I miss having the Catholic Catechism to turn to whenever I had a doubt or a question that scared me; even if the answers weren't satisfactory, I was used to talking myself into them. In the long run, it's more rewarding to think for yourself. I do miss how easy it could feel, though.

I don't have to. If I attend a service or a function, however rare they are, I go for the fellowship and nothing more. They all know this and still tell me they love me.

Whats to miss constantly being told an invisible man in the sky judges my every move and even my thoughts um no thank you

No never had it.

I have never missed sitting on a bench with a bunch of morons, listening to some dimwit talking down to me.

Wonderfully so!

I rarely attended church. I do not miss church.

Not even a little.

never

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.