Agnostic.com

26 10

LINK Pastor Claims Gay People Are Possessed By “Fart Demons” That Can Drive Pigs To Suicide / Queerty

Religious leaders are seldom confused with intellectuals... for a good reason.

I know he was serio0us when he said it, but I categorized this under the "Silly, random and fun" category. If I was wrong to do so. please say so.

snytiger6 9 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have to say this but "only in America". Not just this outrageous nitwit but all the christian-right. They would not last 5 minutes in the UK or Europe. The ridicule of the general public would eat them alive. Not only that but the religious establishment would treat them like a fart in a lift. Seriously, this is reminiscent of some African backwater not a 1st world educated nation.

So how do you really feel?

@creative51 Not so far of the mark. I watched a BBC travel documentary last night fronted by a young guy who contractrd polio when young in Nigeria. He met a group of young men also disabled by polio, a disease which could have been eradicated but many people do not inoculate their children as they have been told that it is a plot to sterilise them'
He also visited a church which can hold one million people (honest), but it is not big enough and they are building another one. The head of the church flies around in a private jet. Sound familiar ??

@creative51 Not racist, (no buts) my ex is African. There are many cock-a-mammy ideas still widespread there like shagging a virgin can cure you of HIV or that AIDS does not exist at all, its just malaria. Practicing homosexuals facing the death penalty in Ghana. Not surprising that it is becoming the demographic center of Christianity.

@itsmedammit Okay maybe a little bit strong but really! The people on this site (for the most part) are good hearted and educated people. But when the VP of a superpower says that global warming can be solved by prayer. You have to worry about the idiots that voted for him.

@creative51 I have to say that I did think very carefully before posting that comment. This is how my thought processes went. I know that there are many backward ideas still prevalent in the African continent and that it was the perfect simile for what I wanted to express. Not to do so would have been patronizing and in of itself racist. If we refrain from criticism simply so as not to appear racist? We do no favors to anybody. Would you not have a go at Israel, China or Pakistan over their human rights issues because of their ethnic population? To do so would give their govts a free ride.
The first and major criticism of my comment was directed at the US and its population. Was that racist too? Yes I know that Americans are not a race but thats not how the far-right view themselves

@creative51 Firstly I did not refer to Africa as a whole. My term was "African backwater" Just as one might use the terms Arkansas backwater or South American shantytown. To do so is not to say or imply that all of Arkansas is dumb. Nor that all of S. America is poor. There many intelligent and highly educated people in/from Africa, I should know as I have dated two of them. (Malawi and Nigeria). There is also some very stupid superstitious people there too and they are not confined to specific states or regions. Just like the USA but at least Africans can blame poverty and a poor educational system.
I noticed that you had no problem with me referring to Europe as a whole. Is this because Europe is predominately Caucasian or that I was not disparaging? After all a generalization is a generalization irrespective of positive/negative or race.
To my mind, if one makes any decision based on race? Then that is racist, be it pro/con or neutral.

@creative51 If I am to be criticized for generalization? Let us look at the general picture 1st. Here are the African countries where being gay can sentence you to death. Mauritania, Sudan, Northern Nigeria, Southern Somalia. (Uganda has just made it legal to murder a gay man)

Jail ... Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Comoros, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Legal; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo-Brazzaville, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, South Africa.
But I would not be too out and proud in a lot these places if you valued your health.

[amnesty.org.uk]

@creative51 In my original comment " They would not last 5 minutes in the UK or Europe." but that seemed to pass by you.

@creative51 I would never use a phrase like "Almost all ,,,, are dumb" "A large proportion" or "mostly" perhaps.
As for blanket terms, I have never come across anyone on here object to "The bible belt" in usage. Although this is not particularly regional and I have heard that can mean anywhere outside of a major city.
If is okay to say that? Then why not "African backwater"? If the only real differences are that of race?

@creative51 So let me get this straight. No have no problem with terms like bible belt or Arkansas backwater when referring to outlandish and/or homophobic superstitions but you think that the term "African backwater" is racist because.....?
It is not accurate because hardly any of rural Africa has such superstitious beliefs and it is a-typical?
It is true but I have the wrong skin colour to say it?

@273kelvin you are unfortunately right. I am originally from Kenya. The atheist community there tried to register a society and they were initially registered. However, all ‘hell’ broke loose with the church and muslim leaders condemning them as attempting to cause division and acrimony. Their society was of course deregistered.

@273kelvin I do, Trump and Pence scare me less than his followers do.

I wish the church would be held accountable for what they say, when they stand there with their hand out looking for a free paycheck. Fuck those guys. They think they can say anything about anybody they want to because they hide behind the bible, but when you correct them or point out their hypocrisy they say, oh no only god can judge people.

did christ not fill some swine with demons which subsequently run off a cliff.

He farted on the pigs! I can't blame them for running off a cliff! LOL

I'll bet you're right -- that's where Farius got the idea. I doubt there's any chance he had an original thought himself.😋

actually ran into the sea and drowned. luke 5.

Hmmm, not gay but just had me some Taco Bell, the fart demons are real, moreover, not silent but still deadly!

You can't prove that fart demons don't exist.

The crap that these "ministers" come up with is hard to believe.

If he weren't a pastor he'd be needing mental intervention. My son in law's family wouldn't let his nephews play w his daughter's mini kitchen because "that's what makes boys gay"! Dead serious.

I was pretty shocked, in a good way, to see some friends come over to our mutual friends' house for some occasion. Their boy was very effeminate, about 6 years old, and at one point lost it because he thought he left his Barbie doll in the car. The dad, calm as a lake, went out with him to get it. That's what he wanted to do all day, and it's obvious if the kid's gay, the family's down with it.

So, I've got demons coming out of my butt! 😮 LOL!!!

Yes you do, just get some pigs around you and the truth will come out.

Don't we all?

There are intelligent Christians out there, but they don't preach their religion in public or try and force it on their friends/co workers. That's cool. You don't force it on me, consequently you won't get my views forced on you.

Trod Level 5 Nov 22, 2019

If this is true, then how has this pastor not committed suicide?

In my younger years, have gone to a few lighting farts contests. Have seen plenty of blue over tones you get one point for. If you do yellow roller you get an extra point for nothing. We did see a red flame and black smoke when I guy took off his pants and caught his underwear on fire. That did not qualified as a lighten demon fart.

Never underestimate stupid people!

I would state it as "Don't ever underestimate just how stupid people can be."

You should watch this for more craziness

After watching this I'm getting an idea why evangelists think highly of the cheetoh. It's his hair. It is as big and weird as that of the snake oil salesmen.

@heymoe2001 I've heard the saying many times that God uses the foolish of this world to confound the wise. Now I think its just an excuse to act stupid.

If your farts don't come out like a steamy white cloud that floats to heaven and doesn't stink like Jesus farts. Then you just might be a demon farter.

Sounds like Martin Luther 2.0:

[gnosticwarrior.com]

BD66 Level 8 Oct 16, 2019

Alrighty then! This explains a lot....NOT!

You sure that’s real? Sounds like something from the Onion. Either way it gave me a good laugh. Thanks!

There are a coupel videos below which people posted in response... which will kind of show you just how ridiculous the claims so so called religious leaders can be.

Whaaaaaaa.....!?

I would say this particular pastor knows a lot about farting.

I was looking for a reason.

When you're a preacher telling ridiculous stories must come naturally.

JimG Level 8 Oct 14, 2019

I think it is a job requirement.

Wait.... What???? Fart demons? Pigs?

HUH???????

I wondered, now I know why all the pigs are killing themselves.

Makes sense. Didn't Jeesus transfer 1000 demons into a herd of pigs who then committed suicide by running in to the sea.A funny story but no mention of them farting or of the reaction of the owner of the pigs. He must have been a bit annoyed.

Does this guy not know how to fart?

You comment reminded me of South Park.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:413646
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.