Agnostic.com

95 7

Does god exist?

What is god? How do we define god? Just because we can’t see it does that mean it does not exist?

JpGee 4 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

95 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My research leads me to believe god is just some BS that humans made up to explain our existence. The better question is where did the universe come from.

All the gods died laughing when one of the gods said only one god exists. --Neitzsche

Mental gymnastics and semantic games cannot create a supernatural being out of the nonexistent aether. You are disingenuous and quite boring.

JimG Level 8 Jan 1, 2020

Coming here to agnostic.com and asking this question? Sorry man, but that sounds like simply stirring up traffic for the fun of it.

i do not define god since there is no such thing as a god. interesting that you come here to this site and don't bother to read the gazillion posts that already ask this tiresome question, and post as if you are asking something new and fabulous, and speaking of fabulous, your only other post passes off a quotation from nelson mandela, handily plagiarized by marianne williamson and apparently further plagiarized by you.

but to pretend for a moment to take you seriously, what makes you think that it's not SEEING any gods that make an agnostic or atheist decline to believe any exist? how naive is THAT?

g

No.
I have no idea.
I don't.
No.

Is that concise enough?

🙂

It is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of god.
Contemplate god if it makes you feel good, but if you've got a problem to solve then the solution will be found in reason and compassion.

I find that a question without an object.

God is a concept in the minds of people and varies person to person. Thus the question really is, "Does my God exist? The one I consider God?"

and I find no way for any person to ever prove or disprove such a notion as those labeled "God".

Thus, unless the God is defined, it is a pointless question.

I am an Ignostic

I was raised a believer
AS a believer I thought understanding God of the utmost import.
SO I studied that.
Which is why I am today an Igtheist/Ignostic

Ignosticism is an Epistomologic position; it is a set of ideas refuting the importance of determining the existence of God. It claims that knowledge regarding the reality of God is altogether unprofitable.

It is the idea that every theological position assumes too much about the concept of God and other theological concepts; including (but not limited to) concepts of faith, spirituality, heaven, hell, afterlife, damnation, salvation, sin and the soul.

Ignosticism or igtheism is the idea that the question of the existence of God is meaningless because the term god has no coherent and unambiguous definition.

IF you cannot even define what you are talking about, or consider it beyond human understanding, how is it you can claim to know anything about it and keep your intellectual integrity intact?

Of which god do you speak?

The Concept of God was created by early man to help explain lightning, earthquakes, and his own existence. Some have abandoned those beliefs for scientific explanations, but many still believe in a God.

gater Level 7 Jan 6, 2020

I do not believe God exists! The people who made up God were genius! When people who say that they believe in god are mostly the ones who full of hate! (In some cases!)

It's time to get wise.

BDair Level 8 Jan 2, 2020

Why should we care if it hasn't written or revealed any of our religious texts? And when I say "care", I'm speaking of a deep preoccupation that REALLY REALLY seems to want to make it be true. What then? It's still kinda like, "Oh, that's interesting, but so what?" What can you really do with that. It would be like any other interesting scientific fact, except one you can't really do anything with. So the question just sort of makes me yawn. Much of it just amounts to mental masturbation.

Have to exist first

What is dog? How do we define dog? These are more meaningful questions, IMHO.

Easy with that example. I'm a dog.

@PondartIncbendog Clearly.

God singular ?. You sound like another closet theist from the Judeo/Christian fold.

Nope

God only exists , if you want a God . People define a God , to be what ever they please . In my world , a TV is magic . I studied electronics , I understand about electrons moving from one atom to another , about resisters , IC chips , capacitors , etc . But when you put them altogether in a specific manner , add electricity , and stations are broadcasting 50 year old movies , and you can see what they have decided to broadcast and which channel you have decided to view , there's still magic .

There is no evidence to support the existence of any gods or magical beings.

Deb57 Level 8 Jan 1, 2020

Except my talking dog. He only talks to me.

Just because you haven't seen invisible flying unicorns, does that mean they don't exist? No, but there's no good reason to believe they do until you have excellent evidence that they do.

Sybok learned the hard way.....

Why do you ask ? No one has been able to prove either way if there is or is not a entity that is able to manipulate matter and create life . That being said with current awareness and methods that exist , that would be a No!!!! There are hundreds of gods and if you are working off the platform of Islam , Christianity or Judaism, those are nothing more than beliefs systems that borrowed from other civilizations that pre-date them . There is strong possibility that you are simply trolling 😉

I personally need empiricle proof to believe anything and I might still be skeptical....

blzjz Level 7 Jan 1, 2020

No
Imaginary
We don't
Probably (add in that we cannot hear it, touch it, smell it, or prove it exists and then we can reconsider this answer and say it is pretty safe to assume it does not exist, or if it does, it might as well not.)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:444873
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.