Agnostic.com

109 11

Would you date a woman that had sex on the first date?

Say you've been chatting with a woman for a bit, you have good conversations, similar world views, find her moderately attractive, etc. You decide to meet and go on a date. You end up sleeping together. Would you consider dating her with the possibility of it turning into a relationship?

• 188 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 5 votes
  • 30 votes
Marcie1974 8 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

109 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a bizarre question! Only the most unpleasant sexist hypocrite could answer negatively to this…

Shevek Level 4 June 20, 2020

You underestimate the number of unpleasant sexist hypocritical men that women encounter while dating. Or rather, trying to date.

I believe I posted this in March 2019, I thought I had learned a lot since then but apparently not. Last month I had what I thought was a good first date. He was a gentleman and gave me a nice hug at the end. I thought he wasn’t into me because he didn’t kiss me.

He continued texting and we set up a second date. We had sex that night. Communication quickly dropped off on his part. After 2 weeks I sent him a text basically saying he could have at least told me he didn’t feel a spark or the distance was too far. He replied, apologized for not communicating and said both of those things were true. I replied that he could have said that prior to fucking me. He turned it around and made it my fault because I was disappointed he didn’t kiss me on the first date.

And this was a nice guy!!

I married one

lol so did my husband...ha ha...40 years ago...

Most men want sex on the first date if they can get it, but most men will not be interested in a long term relationship with a woman that will have sex on the first date. Yes, it’s hypocritical. But it’s pretty much been proven ... whybelae would a man even pose this question??? Someone once told me that Women give sex for love and men give love for sex. I’ve found this to be usually true. I’m not a misandrist- quite the contrary, I very much enjoy men- as long as they aren’t assholes 🙂

If both people want too why not

It takes two to have sex in this scenario so it seem very hypocritical to judge her for participating in the same activity as the man!

What a messed up question! The person or persons who come up with these kinds of questions seem to be wanting something?

Hope springs eternal..

I guess my question is for anyone who themselves engaged in sex on the first date — it takes two to tango, after all — who doesn't want to continue dating that person, what their objection is. I mean, I get it if someone themselves doesn't have sex on the first date and is put off by someone who is willing (e.g., fear of disease or don't think a long-term relationship can work out), but when they've both had sex together on the first date, why does that disqualify the other person from consideration for a relationship? Why does that standard not apply to oneself as well, so they see themselves as likewise ill-suited for a relationship? I'm notoriously slow to move into sexual territory but, if I were inclined to have sex on the first date and we seemed to really hit it off otherwise as well, I'd have no qualms about dating more seriously. And even though I do take things more slowly, I don't judge women who are less hesitant as somehow unworthy of my affection or attention. There are too few people I really connect with deeply, and I don't feel like I have the luxury of casting a woman aside for something as trivial (to me) as being highly sexual.

What an awful question! Would the guy who partook in this (assuming it’s a hetero date) also be expected to be turned down for dating as a ‘slut’ who put out too easily? This whole question just stinks of an archaic double standard.

Exactly, my thoughts unless she's having sex with someone else on our first date (or any date). In that case I would probably decline any subsequent dates.

No, but she is not a slut, just not the kind of person I would like to date. Each to their own.

What about your role in this hypothetical situation then?

@Carin What role would that be?

@oliver-o-neill Having sex on the first date of course.

@Carin Yeah i don't do that, so I imagine if my date is having sex on the first date my part to play in it would be very minimal.

I've done it before. Turned out to be a huge mistake but yeah...

It’s never my business about a women’s past sexually or other wise, and it’s not that women can have the sexual hx. But I don’t care unless they want to share however I don’t want women to be like men..... to many schmucks out there not deserving emulation

(Km(kmkkck#k

Sorry, that was butt texting. And as I am learning,won't correct my horrible typing. I never did learn how properly, and my kids tease me. HEY, I say... how much have YOU been published? Shuts them up.

@Junkman Butt texting? Doesn't it usually go like this: Pfffffft... ?

@pnfullifidian No, not when spell check is on! It tries it's damnedest to make a sentence out of it. Sometimes, it comes too close to looking reasonably close to something I might say, by using words I did. I'm a terrible typist, my kids tease me about it, but I have MS and hit the wrong keys a lot. So I leave the spell check on... it saves me a lot of fixing what I just typed. But otherwise, yeah, it would go PHhtttt....

I would prefer not. Never say never... Circumstances would dictate how I would handle it. But I've been single a long time... And never been with anyone new. Not for lack of opportunity. I want to really get to know her first. I want no regrets, I have a lifetime worth already. No need for more. So the answer has to be I would decline. I have declined. But never is a long time and does not allow for circumstances.
Oh, I can edit! Good. I wanted to say, she has to be more than 'Moderately attractive' to me! And that's not about just her looks... There really is such a thing as chemistry. Pheromones or whatever it is, it's a real thing. So, if that's all it is, 'moderately'... I'll pass.

People have too many hang-ups about sex. I think a lot of it has to do with Christianity. I seem to remember reading once that Paul was a terrible prude.

I’m not a Christian but I feel like you’re right. I’m a Jew and I spent high school and much in college trying to “get laid “ and with good success fortunately

Some people just take a used car for a test drive before they decide to buy it, others take it to their mechanic for an inspection. I think I would be open to dating someone who I had sex with on the first date (test drive), but maybe I should have a buddy bang her too to see if she is worth it.(inspection)

Women are not cars. Women are human beings with the right to engage in as much consensual sex as they can get. If both parties feel good about having sex with each other on the first date, that’s great. For me, I don’t usually feel comfortable to have sex on the first date, because I like to get to know my lovers a bit first, but when it feels right, go for it.

I hope you all realize my previous post was entirely sarcasm.

@16classic Honestly, it didn't come across as sarcasm.....

Doesn't that just mean you had a really good first date? I used to get sex on the first date about 1/2 the time. It always meant I wanted another date ?. Sometimes they developed into relationships, sometimes not. I just took it as a very successful date.

Since I've been with women too ... yes, if it was a mutual desire !

Yes.

I don't give a damn about numbers. All I care about is that they're STD free. I'd be more concerned if they didn't make sure I was using a condom. That would probably be a deal breaker.

One step at a time. Taking the time to get to know each other. With Dan and me it was hours of messaging and phone calls. When we met we had chemistry because we got to know each other first-amazing chemistry in social, physical and sexual areas.

I'm guessing you already had chemistry from the get go. Otherwise you never would have made it past the first couple of phone calls and texts, let alone the first date.

Chemistry is something which is there or it isn't. It's not something you develop. If it's not present within in the first thirty seconds of meeting someone, then it probably never will be.

Personality and life goals are a whole different ball game. These have nothing to do with chemistry, but they will ultimately indicate how long the relationship will be able to survive.

In the situation you describe, absolutely. The 'getting to know you' element of the first date is long-since passed, and if I know me (and the type of women I prefer to interact with romantically/sexually) there's probably been some not-so-innocent flirting at the bare minimum. If the chemistry holds up for in-person interaction and the date goes well, then hell yes. And if I've already invested the time and energy getting to know this person enough to want to meet them, and that went well, there's every reason to pursue the acquaintance and no real reason not to.

For a person I'm interacting with for the first time: I wouldn't have slept with them on the first date anyway, I don't enjoy sex with strangers. I prefer to start with personality compatibility and compatibility of tastes, which is a weird set of conversations to have with a complete stranger. I'm kind of kinky and that's also a whole set of conversations that are weird to have with a complete stranger the day I meet them.

I see no issue with it.

The answers are so interesting. All over the board apparently. I did have one guy that we had an amazing date that lasted about 4 hours. Really great connection and we ended up having sex. We had an equally as good second date and had arranged a third. Then I discovered he’s very conservative and he discovered I’m very liberal. We agreed not to pursue dating. Damn we had great chemistry though.

@Marcie1974

My mom was a staunch conservative and my dad was an equally staunch liberal. They made a fifty eight year long marriage work in spite of this fact.

Politics was never discussed in the house. Ever. It was simply one of those topics which was off limits.

Perhaps you should not throw away a potential life partner over something as trivial as political leanings. If politics winds up the least of your divisions, you should have a pretty damn good future in store for you.

@webbew1 I don’t consider politics trivial. It is an important subject for me. I cannot respect someone who is ok with taking children from their parents and locking them up in cages. Or someone who assumes every person who uses food stamps, WIC or welfare is cheating the system. Or that all immigrants (except white ones) are not only lazy and getting everything for free, but somehow also taking jobs away from Americans.

Everyone has things they will and will not compromise for. This is something I won’t.

@Marcie1974 Agree but I also feel it could be a way of changing their mind. Of course that's not always possible . . .
I never let it stand in the way but don't think any relationship wherein there was a deep divide would have survived.

@webbew1 I would agree. Opposites really do attract sometimes. I'd be bored stiff with a woman who simply mirrored me. I already have a 'me'! That said, I will admit that not every subject is equal on that scale. However, don't listen to me, I married not one, but TWO Catholic women, both of whom were and are so conservative, they make Trump look liberal.So what the hell do I know?

@Marcie1974 Yes, I really do take to heart that personal is political. Almost everything in our lives is connected to politics in some way, from the food we eat to how much money we make.

It happens, nothing wrong with sleeping together on a first date.. if it's there, it's there. As far as a relationship, I'd want to get to know her more first. Oh but one thing... I would have safe , and if I wanted continue having with this person (or anyone), at some point we would make a date together to the doctor and have full HIV, HPV, and STD testing together.

Vayton Level 4 July 21, 2018

Good luck with that . I've made a practice of , after I break up with someone , I make a point of getting an HIV test before I agree to having anything with anyone else . I haven't found men to be that concerned .

@Cast1es, I have a current (i.e., since my last relationship) full STD report.

@mcgeo52 Good for you ! That is extremely considerate of you . At best , I've heard , " When I donated blood , they didn't tell me I was infected ." But that didn't mean they haven't had sex since they donated the blood .

Most people don't know what they want and, often, sabotage their own potential good fortune out of ignorance - present company included. Relationships are tough and we do the best we can. If anything, I take an extra bit of time chatting someone up and making sure there is a connection while they just figured that I'd fuck immediately because of being poly. Quite a few women thought that I wasn't interested and walked... only to get annoyed during a fight with their new husband and then text me about how I was one that got away...

I wish I could say something useful. The best I can do is just say that it is best to tell people you date about what you feel. Tell them what you want and, hopefully, you'll come across someone that is aware of themselves a bit better.

All the best!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44526
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.