Agnostic.com

23 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Evolution rules. Fewer right wing religious nuts is OK IMO.

These true Christians might be like true Scotsmen. It is the logic of this pastor that "proves" true Christians died for their faith close to 2000 years ago. The big problem at that time is Jesus and his followers were mostly Jewish. True believers had not invented the Christian yet. LOL

I would like a list of those christians, I believe I have some property in heaven for sale.

I say, go for it, die for your savior trump!

Typical Xian dumbassery. Nothing will stop them from glorifying their magical pal in the sky.

Let them die and be done with it!

why wait? kill yourselves now and save yourselves all the suffering!

Those who die because they want we don't pray for their soul. It's an old Portuguese saying. I think it's appropriate for this situation.

I Have a feeling if some of them get it they will mind a lot. I have always been amazed at some of the most overtly religious people I know and their fear of dying as they become aware it is happening. When I compare that with my stoic atheist husband's attitude, it taught me they are not all that sure of their reward and or its existence.

What a f***** idiot 😟

Good riddance

I don't mind it either...just don't let any of them go out in public. No wonder studies show that the smarter you are the less religious you become. Just sayin'.

how can I help them achieve Rapture?

Would a Rupture be okay instead?

If Christians engage in reckless behavior which then results in the death of another, it's murder. Or at least manslaughter deserving of severe financial penalties and some jail time. OK, it'll never happen, but there's the hypocrisy of Pro-life liars.

I'll give the pastor some credit. Christians believe in an afterlife so I can understand it if they don't mind dying. It's selfish because their families and communities will still be alive possibly needing their support but from a Christian point of view I guess it makes sense.

Would you agree that the offering plate is a reason to keep the pews full?

@HippieChick58 Absolutely.

@CommunityTom Having spent too many years as a good church lady, I know that the budget is one of the most concerning items in church council discussions. You have to have a healthy budget to keep the Sunday School program running so you can bring up and in the next generation of givers and tithers. People give less when they don't attend regularly. Gotta keep those pews full to meet the budget.

Jesus didn't know about viruses....he thought disease was caused by demons. He was healing supposedly by casting out demons.

As long as they don't go to the hospitals and use up resources for other people, then sure, why not?

It’s funny (meaning weird) that #ClustertRump still believes this is a democratic hoax (I just cannot use bad grammar because it does!) yet has been tested twice for it. 🙄

😂😂😂easy for him to say, but does his followers agree with him? 😂😂😂

Too bad, soooooo sad.......

Sigh. Religious fuckwits are incapable of learning ... it goes against their religion, you see.

It will be the reason for another month of lock down or at least for that state only. I don't to do this bs for another month.

Are people willing to die for ideas? You bet they are, and whether it's a self-immolating Buddhist monk, an Islamic extremist suicide murderer, or a fundie Christian attending church in the middle of a pandemic, martyrdom is, in their minds (and those of their supporters), the highest form of devotion. Beliefs have consequences.

I think in many cases they only say they are willing to die for ideas. They are really secretly thinking they will be one of the favored of God who are saved.

@DeCryingShame You're probably right. There's a difference between playing Russian roulette with a single shot derringer and a revolver with many empty chambers. More than 900 people drank the cyanide-laced punch at Jonestown--the single shot derringer, but only a fraction of the Life Tabernacle Church are likely to become ill, much less die from the virus. The moral issue in both cases, however, concerns decisions made for others who have little choice in the matter--what about the children?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:482230
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.