Agnostic.com

19 10

LINK Franklin Graham on Supreme Court’s LGBTQ Ruling: “My Rights Should Be Protected” | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

It is interesting that religious people think they have a right to discriminate, when their own holy book(s) usually say to be kind to others.

snytiger6 9 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey Franklin you have the right to leave the country and take your flock with you
Antarctica is very white-- go start a new country there

I wish I could look that bastard in the eye and say "Franklin, No one has a right to discriminate."

John, your statement says it best. What "right" does Graham think he is losing?

These people are a bunch of ignoramasus.

I wish I could look that bastard in the eye and say "Franklin, No one has a right to discriminate."
The same kind of argument was used to support segregation (Noah's sons,and all thst shit).
I would also like to ask that religious bigot why he doesn't preach about the right to stone to death an unruly child. That's in the old testament of his little hoy book also.
Oh, and by the way, Franklin, do you eat shrimp?

[godhatesshrimp.com]

This is it

@SeaRay215ex they left out homosexuality, just ask John the Baptist.

@SeaRay215ex
@Birdman1

They also left out genocide and rape as god commanded in the book of Numbers, chapter 31:
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

We all know where that's headed.

@BirdMan1 it’s still a great meme though..........i even made a t-shirt out of it and a number of others......you ought to see the reaction I’ve gotten from them as well

@SeaRay215ex I was not saying that I did not like it, I definitely do. It's just that the cherry picking around homosexuality bothers me.

@HumanistJohn "...for yourselves," says it all. But, then they will have lain with a man and need killing, too? What bunch of horse pooh!

My response to Graham.

What bigots of all stripes never seem to grasp is this simple premise: broadening rights does not restrict existing rights. It is the twisted, selfish, pitifully insecure hegemons who are unwilling to extend to others the same rights and privileges that they enjoy.

Well said!! The Enlightenment, Agnosticism and Humanism drive the narrow minded nuts.

It's impossible to see how he thinks that extending rights to the LGBT community infringes his in any way.

Of course, it might be that he thinks being bigoted is actually a right.

It's a shame they don't read there literature more closely. We might be better off.

You can medicate the psychos, educate the ignorant, but there’s no fixing stupid

I would ask how the hell does giving the LGBTQ community the rights that others are given effects him? Funny, how interpreting law becomes making a law when they don't like the outcome. These arrogant people have always complained about being discriminated against and now, under the POS-in-chief, they have a bigger audience.

I added a comment that read, "Franklin Graham is a dumb cunt." It won't matter to anyone, but it made me feel good.

That wodl be insulting to cunts... maybe we can say he's a dumb piece of shit?

@snytiger6 I think the logic follows that would also be insulting to pieces of shit.

@JeffMurray

Thanks for the ;augh!
I needed it.

He wants more "rights" than anybody...entitled asshat!

Franklin Graham is a EVANGELICAL privileged white male...’one of the good old boys,’ he wouldn’t understand ‘disadvantaged’ if it slapped him in his ‘I cannot see you,’ eyeballs! He reads scripture to perfection, but sees not an individual human being standing before him! He, like so many before him, can keep hiding in the ‘church!’ His pretenses at ‘lifting up his fellowman’ was always based on...if they became a believer...just like him! At least everyone was not suffocated by Graham’s delusions, and caught themselves in time!

Pure hypocrisy.

Another white heterosexual “Christian” threatened by those who only seek to be treated equally, nothing more, nothing less.

It's the law of the land you muthafucka!

To hell with F!@#kin' Graham!

yes of course, his right to interfere in the love life of other people should be protected. maybe he would also like to have protected his right to tell folks what to wear, and when to go to the bathroom. hell, he should just move into everyone's bedroom and regulate everything. who died and made him god? oops, what did i mean to say there?

g

As should other people's!

Right wing Xians, like ultra-Orthodox Jews, see themselves in tribal terms. Whatever anyone else gets, takes away from their tribe. Hence, no two-state solution in the Middle East, because it takes somethng away from the Hebrew tribe, and no equal rights for anyone who's not a right-wing Xian, because it takes away from their supposed cultural dominance.

In Graham's mental world, it still looks like an episode of Leave it To Beaver. Stay-at-home mothers, happy white kids, and definitely no minorities or LGBTQ people in sight.

Just when I think I have see just how far one can shove one's own head up one's own @$$, something like this comes out.

LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507259
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.