Agnostic.com

37 8

Chew on this for a while, then tell us what you think.

[patheos.com]

evidentialist 8 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This all gets worse when you consider this kid was into guns at a very young age and his mom drove him over half of the way so he could get there and do this shooting.

I am an ardent 2A supporter and own several different AR-15s in different calibers and configurations. I would NEVER strap one on and walk in public! They are made for my range only! The picture above is why we need common sense gun reform and to enforce laws already on the books.

This is what kills me about Trump... His uneducated horde think he is 2A but he allows this shit to happen which only stirs up people to ban guns.

Do you realize how stupid that sounds ... "AR-15's are made for the range only". Not to mention that Trump 'allows' this to happen. Really? Is the president the Allfather now? And WTF is common sense gun reform?

@beenthere Hmmmm . I wasn't aware that any of that sounded stupid. Most of my guns stay on the range... except my Glock 19 which I carry from time to time. Perhaps it would be easier for you to understand if I would have said that I don't carry my AR to public events just because I can. Those asses only stoke fear and make all gun owners look bad.

"Allows to happen" was worded incorrectly... What I should have said was that he stokes unrest of every sort and doesn't try to dissuade his brainless followers against doing things that make all involved look stupid. Like the kid in the picture of the OP.

Common sense gun reform? Never heard of it? How about everyone needs to go through a safety program before they are allowed to purchase... Very similar to what most states make you do to get a carry permit. How about making it tougher for the mentally deranged to get a weapon? Yes, there are privacy concerns there but I am sure compromises can be made. There are a lot of things that can be done without taking all gun rights away.

Perhaps you can understand my intent a little better now.

@RiverRick The ones that are primarily 'made for the range', I'm sure you would agree, are competition designed firearms manufactured to excel in a particular discipline. It makes sense that most firearms usage will be on the range practicing proficiency and accuracy. However, they are generally not made for the range anymore than a hammer is generally not made to be displayed in picture frame.

I don't disagree that it can, at times, be unwise and inappropriate to parade around in public with a firearm. How do you feel about law enforcement doing this? I can understand where the kid pictured might feel a duty to serve and protect when the people we expect to do so stand aside when told to do so by their superiors or choose to do so for their own safety.

To address the issue that sparked this picture and to present an opposing viewpoint: looters, thieves and people who damage personal property stoke fear and, IMO, make all protestor's look bad. And, when they are doing so in the name of a skin color or they consist of a specific skin color, reflect poorly on that skin color as well.

As far as Trump, it seems popular to rail on Trump but there are many more in office of both political flavors who do what you describe and probably more egregiously. Why not include them all? Why only Trump?

Lastly, regarding common sense gun reform (an ironic combination of words), again IMO, there is no such thing. But it is a nice sounding political slogan that is easy to get people to buy into and stand behind. You and I both know that by making it tougher for the 'mentally deranged' to get a weapon you actually mean 'law abiding' because that will be the outcome. And, as far as a safety program preventing purchase, why doesn't the state make a safety program available free of charge to anyone and everyone now? Why do they have to control and take away freedoms first. And that really is the crux of the issue. Someone like yourself who might say they promote liberty and stand behind parts of the constitution seemingly can't wait undermine it with additional laws meant to control others and take away the liberty it was established to protect.

@beenthere Interesting response. I have an issue with anyone parading around brandishing weapons of any kind. I do not mind people I run into every day with a .45 or 9mm strapped to their hip and carrying legally. But I would have an issue with someone walking through Lowe's with a gun in their hand. Do you see the difference? To me the first seems defensive and the later seems offensive. A HUGE difference in perception.

When it comes to police... I have an issue with unnamed feds coming into a city where the governor or mayor says, "WE DON'T NEED OR WANT YOU HERE!"... But Trump forces it anyway knowing that by doing so it will only stoke more tensions!

Looters, thieves and vandals always pop up at times like this. Anywhere things get out of control by any disaster, natural or man made. They represent the worst of us. Yes, those actions need to be quelled and there is NEVER a good excuse for it. They can make a good demonstration very bad, very quickly but they shouldn't take away from what peaceful protestors represent.

There is NOBODY more egregious than Trump. NOBODY! He represents everything that was ever bad about humanity. He does it to try to make himself feel important. He doesn't care whether you speak good or bad about him... Only that you talk about HIM! If he steals this election and refuses to leave after fairly losing the election... Yes... Then I will be out and about!

It's a great idea for the state to have some sort of free safety course. But that requires more tax money and our money is already stretched thin... With a lot of fraud and waste in there. There is nothing wrong with having to pay an additional small fee... Just like I had to do to get my carry permit.

I stand behind all parts of the Constitution. But that has been amended several times. I would like to see some changes for gun ownership made to protect the law abiding element before gun ownership is amended out of the Constitution.

I'm pretty sure, if the skin colors were reversed, this kid would be dead.

Trump has now spoken in support of Rittenhouse.
I find this unbelievable. In any other country a senior politician or any politician getting involved in an ongoing criminal investigation would not happen. The investigation has now been compromised beyond repair.

Which world is he on top of? The media [or madia] fantasy world.?

Not a fan of Christians, but I love what the kid did and how he reacted.
I’m more upset that he’s being prosecuted for it.

@creative51 you make me giggle.

It's stuff like this that tells me the divide in this country will never, ever be rectified. That there can be two polar opposite opinions about this is baffling. I wonder what the right-wing media would be saying is if Kyle was black or if one of his stray bullets hit a Republican or a cop. He'd probably be a thug.

@JeffMurray if he was black I would feel the exact same way.

the problem is at this point in time, we don't know all the facts...on the surface he and mommy are in a world of legal shit...it may come out later that there were other circumstances that may color the outcome...until then don't glorify the situation..let the system work

@Redneckliberal Well said. All for letting the system work, but I still love the outcome.

You are a disgusting excuse for a human being.

@CourtJester ..you still love the outcome??.... and you're a doctor??!!

So you’re a level 5, and a fan of pre-meditated murder then? Great to know we have people who condone murder on the site. You may enjoy the new CONservative site better!😡

@Redneckliberal I do. Absolutely without question. I am an American first.
If the individuals came into the hospital, I would treat them regardless of my or their beliefs. But I’m still human and have personal beliefs.

@CourtJester And your "personal beliefs" are that you "love" that two people are dead. You are a hatemonger. You are my enemy.

@CourtJester Then you're alone in that party. It's not known for consistency...

And @ Court Jester, as an old Chinese curse goes, " May you live a long and productive life."

@Triphid thank you!!!

@CourtJester Would I correct in thinking that you are NOT quite Au Fiat when it comes to the nuances of old Chinese curses then?

Meh, no one cares what you think when your attention whoring badge is showing.

@Redneckliberal @creative51
A couple weeks ago both in a comment and on his bio he said he was a couple months away from being a doctor. I called him on it and told him no one believes that. My reasoning: med students graduate and become residents July 1st every year. Magically, after that he suddenly became a doctor. A couple months can go by in a jif in fantasy land.

@CourtJester If he was black he'd be dead so your fake scenario simply gives you the ability to say you be okay with something that has practically no chance of ever occurring. But I live in America, so there is no shortage of stupid people glorifying killing above the law; especially if they're white. I've become accustomed to it. Part of the American culture.

@creative51 Has anyone else been trying to figure out what the XXXX are?

@creative51 I meant like us guessing in our heads. 😝

My dad back in the day was a doctor like you, well maybe not, he became wiser with age. You should have your medical license revoked.

I am curious. Why do you "love what he did and how he reacted." Perhaps we are not operating from the same set of facts. What is your take on what happened?

@AtheistReader he was protecting property and was attacked by individuals intent on destroying property. When they attacked him with fire arms, he eliminated the threat.
If they were out there ‘protesting’ (used loosely) with guns and attacking someone that was not bringing a threat to them; what unarmed law abiding citizen would they have attacked and possibly killed later that evening?

I support the kid’s actions. He may have saved a few others that night with his actions.

@CourtJester Well, let's see if we can agree on a frame of reference. Do you agree that the factual statements in the charging documents are accurate, and if not which portion is not accurate and why not? I am including the link to the charging document.

[theherald-news.com]

It seems on the surface, that illegally arming yourself and traveling to a distant town, to kill people with a different ideology is applauded in some circles of people. I disagree with them. The irony is they also think when anybody else does it, it's wrong. It's disgusting that they can't see the irony in their own lack of humanity, and that is the crux of all these violent pieces shit thinking they're right.

Isn't this kid only 17? Holding a weapon? Isn't he underage (I'm European, majority legally here is 18). I saw something about this kid on Facebook. What's the story with him?

He took it upon himself to fire at a group of blm protesters in Kenosha. Was able to go home that night walked right by the police with gun in hand.

He also crossed state lines with the gun.

Long history of liking guns and police stuff.

@itsmedammit, thank you for updating me with the missing information. It's crazy. Will he be criminally charged if he was involved in a shootout? Be it with or without victims?

@Paddypereira He killed two and wounded one. The widely circulated video is of people chasing him because they were trying to stop him.

He is currently in custody in Illinois, his state of residence. State of Wisconsin is trying to extradite him. I sure hope he is charged.

@itsmedammit, okay. What I read about him was that he was fighting "terrorists and trouble makers". Definitely the wrong story was being told.

@Paddypereira Below is a statement he gave in interview before the shootings. Maybe he had some excitable hero complex, which says more about his upbringing than anything, but he took his rifle and traveled to a different state.

"People are getting injured and our job is to protect this business," Rittenhouse told the Daily Caller in a video interview before the shooting. "And my job also is to protect people. If someone is hurt, I’m running into harm’s way. That’s why I have my rifle; I’ve gotta protect myself, obviously. But I also have my med kit."

@itsmedammit, he seems to me that he believes he is just like Rambo. He might have meant well but, especially these days, you don't try a stunt like that. In the least, he wasn't involved in a killing rampage. Still, I think it's absolutely crazy.

@Paddypereira I think others helped prevent the rampage, including at least one guy who he killed.

@itsmedammit, Jaysus!!! I have friends who have guns but they are very educated and they know it's something not to be used randomly. This is pure madness. The weapon industry most likely will start advertising to have more guns out there...

Chew on what? The essay was obviously propaganda. Where is the video and source material?

Just a word to all of you saying that this boy was in the wrong. Sure, it isn't the smartest thing to go to places where BLM is rn. And it isn't smart because BLM is such a dangerous and deadly cult. But what this boy went for was honorable. He went to a dangerous area knowing full well that it was dangerous so that he could protect and defend innocent business owners who were in danger of having their lifes work ruined and destroyed.

Noone asked those blm protester to attack Kyle. They chose to, knowing full well that he was armed and capable of defending himself. When Kyle's life was being threatened (those blm protesters would have killed him if he didn't defend himself) he shot one of them. This was when they all had the CHOICE to leave him be. But no, then they chose to pull a gun on him after PRETENDING to be surrendering. And this boy had heart enough not to kill bit disable his attacker. Kyle did nothing wrong. Hell, he spared their lives if anything. So stop all this BS about Kyle being in the wrong. None of you have probably ever been in a situation where it's your life or someone else's. I sure as hell know if it's my life or yours I'm choosing my life. And if you think you'd choose otherwise why don't YOU go to a blm protest and see how you feel after you get beaten, curb stomped or otherwise killed. You might feel a little differently about self defense after that.

Rene1402 -- Are you a person who likes conspiracy theories? I'll bet you might even think the BLM is a killer cult. Tell us what you think.

@evidentialist I don't like conspiracy theories. I like facts and truth. I don't think BLM is a killer cult. I do think that they are a cult, or becoming a cult.

A cult is defined as: 'a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.'

BLM has an excessive admiration for George Floyd. BLM consists of a large group of people who basically worship him and commits acts of violence in his name.

We all know cults can be and are dangerous. Look at the KuKluxKlan. That was a cult, was it not? When we look at it there are certain similarities we can see between it and BlackLivesMatter.

1. KKK believe that white lives were more important than black lives. BLM believes that black lives are more important than white lives.
  2. KKK committed acts of violence in the name of the cult. BLM commits acts of violence in the name of their cult as well.
  3. KKK was a hate group. BLM is a hate group.

and the list goes on.

I know that none of you want to hear this and you will create arguments to try and make yourself feel better about it. But the truth is, FACTS ARE FACTS. No matter what you say you cannot change the behavior of BLM or hide what BLM really is and what they really stand for. You can make delusions to satisfy yourself. You can spin lies to excuse what they do. But it is what it is, and nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can change that..

@Rene1402 -- Thank you for the response. Now, understand that I am politically a centrist who leans just enough left to correct for windage. I am not a Democrat or a Republican. I have no axe to grind either way and I dearly love facts -- when I can get them and only if I can verify them. What all that means is, I don't have enough verifiable information on BLM to make any blanket statements about what their thinking is, what they actually do, or what their 'real' goal/agenda is. My curiosity was piqued because you seem to think you do have access to all of that and I'd like to know where you managed to get the information and how you verified it. You made such positive declarations that I could not come to any other conclusions. As for Mr. Rittenhouse, I don't question his guilt or innocence because, again, I am not privy to all the information, nor do I know enough about him to make any judgments regarding motivation, but I certainly do question his logic with reference to him placing himself voluntarily into a position wherein what happened could occur, especially in view of the fact that his insertion was obviously illegal with regard to law enforcement practices. Enlighten me.

@evidentialist I understand what you are. I have no problem with that. I am glad we both love facts. I will most certainly enlighten you, although you might not like it..

You are right, I do have enough evidence to make blanket statements and I have facts to back up what I say. My information was found in many many places. If you look hard enough you can find anything. Perhaps you haven't looked and that's why you have not found anything. Many of the things I learned I learned directly from the people who are a part of the BLM cult.

I will start you off here:
[blacklivesmatter.com]

A site in the name of BLM. where they state their 'purpose'. Note they say "..creating a world free of anti-Blackness.." another thing to note that is mentioned "..desire for justice to act together in their communities.." groups of people who Desire Justice and Act Together. There are many ways that can be read. The actions of these groups of people say the true meaning.
Something else stated here "Our continued commitment to liberation for all Black people.." if I replace black with white it seems like quite the supremacist hate group, doesn't it. Try reading this but replace black with white throughout it and you see something more like the KKK.

[lehighvalleylive.com]
Not all of these deaths are from BLM. But there has been a significant increase since blm started acting as they have.

[cnsnews.com]
[usnews.com]

These are only a few sources. They do not even cover the videos that BLM activists and people at BLM riots have posted that I have seen. And as my father taught me.. Actions speak louder than words. What do the actions of BLM protesters say when they slam people with skateboards, beat unarmed innocent people to death, destroy businesses who have done nothing, or curb stomp and otherwise kill innocent people because they are 'deserving'. What do those actions tell you?

Other than being underage with a firearm, he has every right to defend himself.

I wish people would stop putting their stupid asses in places where they “need” to defend themselves. Had he been Black he would at least have been detained. I am so tired of this vigilante BS

He had no business being there. Certainly had no business being there with a loaded weapon. The police were derelict in their duty by allowing him to go. He should have been taken into custody immediately.

Have you any idea how ridiculous your comments appear to people living in civilised countries ?

After killing other people? So basically a white guy has the right to murder people and then kill other people trying to catch him for murdering someone. That's either incredibly ignorant or disgusting. You pick.

@redbai said nothing of his race.

@redbai, @Moravian I could care less what people think. Quite liberating

@redbai, @Moravian, @evidentialist no. They should have arrested all those violent commies. Fuck them. They got their just desserts. Why not? Kenosha is only 20 minutes away from Illinois. Also, he was there to clean off the graffiti left behind by criminal miscreants like BLM

@redbai, @Moravian, @evidentialist, @Iamkratom he was arrested but honestly, he is not guilty of anything other than firearms possession

@Heavykevy1985 How ignorant do you have to be to believe this has nothing to do with race? Oh yeah, this is America. White bigots get to pretend color is irrelevant to their opinions despite reality.

@redbai because it is irrelevant unless you are a race pimp like Al Sharpton

@Heavykevy1985 Thanks for the ignorant comment. Any more you'd like to offer?

@redbai ignorance is on your part, race pimp

@Heavykevy1985 Nice contribution. On the "ignorance scale" that ranks at about 5 out of 10. It's a bit old but still used by die-hard bigots in denial, but you lose points for lack of originality. Any more?

@redbai thank you but the ignorance falls on you. That kid every right to defend himself. Nice try with Kafkaesque mind trap but dumb as dirt bigot like yourself cannot come up with anything better. Cannot teach a dog new tricks.

@Heavykevy1985 The kid had just murdered someone and was running away from the crowd that was trying to bring him to justice for it and he killed more people. That's not self defense, that's murder. You're apparently either ignorant of that fact or think that murders should be able to kill other people to escape from the murder they just committed. Either that or you automatically assumed all those black people were trying to hurt a guy that was walking around in their neighborhood for no apparent reason.

So either your ignorant or making racist assumptions. Either one says incredibly disgusting things about your character. But as you said, you don't care what people say about you, so my pointing out that you are ignorant and/or have a disgusting character shouldn't really bother you.

@redbai nope. They came at him first. He shot them. Killed two commie scum. Maimed another. Good for him. Self-defense all the way, grandpa

@Heavykevy1985 So not only are you ignorant, you're a liar too.

@redbai you are projecting sir. He was there cleaning graffiti and on the night of the shooting, putting out a dumpster fire. Those three commie pieces gave chase and attacked them. He acted in self-defense with a gun that was lent to him by a friend of his in Kenosha. Also, in WI, you can carry a gun legally at 16. He is 17. Those three scumbags chasing were all convicted felons, including a pedo. I guess gaslighting is all you Bernie Bros have, eh? Facts are inconvenient for your narrative of evil whitey, huh?

@Heavykevy1985 Bernie Bro? Wow, another example of your ignorant assumptions being paraded to the world. I find Bernie just barely better than Biden and the only thing Biden has going for him is that he isn't Trump.

That murderer was cleaning graffiti after curfew in the dark with a AR-15? You apparently aren't bright enough to think about the stupid things you say.

Now why don't you provide EVIDENCE of all your disparaging comments about the people he murdered bigot?

@actofdog sorry but it says “generally.” These are not ordinary circumstances. People are rioting and committing violence. Trust me when I say that nothing will stick.

@actofdog true but I doubt the kid will see any significant time in prison. Last time I checked, self defense is not a crime.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:529410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.