Agnostic.com

89 7

Would you rather be crazy rich or deeply in love?

kensmile4u 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

89 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are these my only choices?

Thanks for your comment. What other choices did you have in mind?

LOL! Hopefully, you mean reciprocated love.

Thanks for your comment. Yes i meant reflected love. Unrequited love is a miserable thing.

@kensmile4u Worse than anything I can think of, although I've only "fallen in love" once, when I let my male gender mode dominate. Females don't fall in love..they "choose" the most suitable lover among their admirers. Of course, women heavy in male traits can fall in love, as I did, but it's dangerous for females. If they become as besotted over males as men get over females, they'd put themselves at risk of abuse.

Most cis hetero females not only are picky from the beginning, if a lover messes up later on, they'll not hestitate to toss his stuff onto the lawn and change the locks, while a masculine-trait woman is likely to keep forgiving him and letting him come back, as males do with female lovers.

@birdingnut Thanks for this insightful comment. From my personal experience males have a limit to their love stricken forgiveness. I guess it varies depending on the person.

@kensmile4u Depends on how influenced they are by female traits. Everyone is on a gender trait sliding scale.

Absolutely love.

Thanks for your comment. I agree!

Crazy rich. Because love is just a chemical reaction in the brain.

Thanks for your comment. That chemical reaction is priceless to some people. Have you ever felt it?

Sure. And it cost me a lot of money to do it. Priceless indeed.

I'm going for love. Money may make you comfortable and get you some good toys, but deep love is beyond great wealth.

Thanks for your comment. I agree with you!

The Beatles said it : love is all you need

I ageee

Thanks for your comment. Great analogy!

I'm thinking about this two ways, logically and selfishly. The logical part of me says that given the opportunity to automatically become rich doesn't come around at all. Secondly, I think given the opportunity I can find that deep love (I have found it once before). Soooo, the selfish part of me says take the money and look for the deep love. This way I get both.

Thanks for the comment. It would be nice to have both! But I agree that it is more likely for us to find someone to love.

Deeply loved & reciprocating it back

Thanks for your comment. I agree with you!

I've been deeply in love and lost 1/2 of all my stuff... If the love was mutual and life long, I'd take that. Otherwise, I'll take the $.

Thanks for your comment. I've been bitten by divorce as well. But I'm optimistic because I learned from my mistakes.

@kensmile4u I've learned too but I still have a type that I tend to lose all reason around...

@shockwaverider Sorry for your luck. One of the things I learned was to be more selective including the ones in my blind spots!

@kensmile4u Nothing to do with luck. I made stupid decisions. I don't think I would anymore, especially after grad school in psychology. It's not that I don't see the signs, but I have ignored or repressed them in the past. My BFF describes it as me going into the fog.

@shockwaverider I agree some women can be seductive sirens. Lol

@kensmile4u and bad boys have a way of sucking you in; I did it and I’m afraid I’ve given my 25 year old beautiful daughter a poor example! She just traded in a “snowflake “ for a smartass thug; sadly I now know ‘em when I see ‘em. Experience is the best teacher!

@JudyABQ I've been the bad boy as a musician. Some women are attracted the wild and dangerous types.

Neither, too much work!

Thanks for your comment. You can pay someone to handle your fortune. That's why they are called the idle rich. But not advisable paying someone to handle your love. Lol

@kensmile4u I am sticking with my choices. People handling my money require oversight- like I said, too much work.

Crazy rich. Love is an addictive, dangerous narcotic.

Thanks for your comment. It looks like you better go for the money. Lol

@kensmile4u Oh, hell yeah. If I really want someone, I'll have enough money to buy humans like Oprah does.

The same can be said about money. Money is an addictive and dangerous narcotic, and it can make you greedy, and hateful, and power hungry.

@wirenutt I don't have the spirit to be greedy, or hateful. Except to Christians ... and Oprah.

Deeply in love for me.

Thanks for the comment. I deeply agree with you.

@kensmile4u Lol.

I would rather be young again, knowing what I know today.... THAT would be something

I would be so damned awesome to know what I know now and be 20 again!

I know !!! Right?? ?

Love. Every time, all the time.

Thanks for the comment. I agree with you.

Love, without a doubt!!

CAVU Level 3 Apr 18, 2018

Thanks for the comment. I agree with you.

I've been deeply in love twice. I wouldn't want to go there again unless it was mutual. I wouldn't mind being crazy rich. I like to tell myself I'd give most of it away. ?

Crazy rich.

Thanks for your comment. You are not alone. About half of the comments chose money.

@kensmile4u I could be deeply in love and crazy about money.

@SonderOpia It would be nice to be crazy rich and deeply in love.

Deeply in love

Thanks for your comment. I agree with you...

Crazy rich bc being in love blinds you from the reality of certain situations

Thanks for your comment. Love hurts. I've been there....

Not interested in either.

Thanks for your comment. I hope you find yourself in a dilemma between two of your favorite options.

so, what are you interested in?

@dexman2132 Cultivation of mind: equanimity, compassion, lovingkindness, releasing attachments/desires. My mating/dating/copulating days are over, and I'm the opposite of materialistic.

Crazy, richly, deeply in love!

Thanks for your comment. I completely agree with you...

LOVE! ❤ Absolutely! 5-10 yrs ago I would have said money, not anymore. I live very minimally and I'm good. I want to spend the rest of my years in love! ❤

Thanks for your comment. I absolutely agree with you!

Definitely deeply in love. One can always earn more money but finding love is elusive. I believe it would be much more satisfying to find love again. Of course, I haven't had love or money for many years now so...

Thanks for your comment. I agree with you...

Since money can't buy love, and sex without romance is like scratching a moving itch, I'd have to opt for LOVE so long as it doesn't entail being miserably poor.

At this point in my existence I'd take crazy rich 🙂

That is my second choice but I won't resent if it happens.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60351
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.