Agnostic.com

25 1

Are you Left handed, Right handed or Ambidextrous?

Most of the people in my circle are Right handed like me.
Its said that only one percent of the world is authentic Ambidextrous.

• 25 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 12 votes
twshield 8 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I try to write with my left hand, it looks like I suffer from a palsy.

I practice with my right. It still doesn’t look good. Lol

It depends what I'm doing! Are you talking about writing? I can open a can of beer equally well with both hands - does that make me ambidextrous? πŸ˜‰

Have always been left handed, except when I played golf and when I batted in baseball and softball

Are you right or left footed?

@AstralSmoke Left footed. When I used to hunt, I also fired left-handed.

Depends on what I'm doing, but I can write backwards with my left hand. Naturaly.

I’m a lefty. The elementary school teachers tried to force me to write with my right hand but I refused even after being physically punished and verbally abused.

I remember my brother going through the same thing

My father was forced by his parents to use his right hand but he was 100% lefty by nature and reverted once he was free of their influence.

I voted ambidextrous because I am. On the other hand there are some things where I prefer my left hand so it would be more accurate to say I'm ambidextrous leaning left. Make sense?

I use both hands pretty much equally - usually pour things with my left.

I write with my right hand, but practice writing with my left hand just in case ...

I write in my journal with my right hand often. I’m getting better!

I use my utensils with both hands as practice.

I'm mainly left handed, but there are certain tasks I can only perform with my right hand e.g using a mouse. I'm also reasonably competent at writing with my right hand.

Righty but my limbic system is irrational w lefties LOL

Wrongy.

I once was in a graduate level seminar in political theory in which the majority of the group was left-handed. I often wondered if that said something about the personality of lefties that drew them to the topic.

Left handed...the best.

Ambidextrous.

I’d like to share this book with fellow lefties. He’s an author from Portland, OR.

[amazon.com]

I'm naturally ambidextrous but my Catholic parents thought it was a sign of evil and trained a lot of it out of me. I still throw with my left hand, while I write primarily with my right. I am however, exclusively left eyed.

Mostly a lefty, unlike my brother, who is totally left-handed. I can write with my right hand, but it is slow and looks like a first grader's writing, because I never practice. Most things I am left handed for, but scissors, knitting, playing guitar, are a few exceptions. I find most activities I try right handed are still doable that way for me, so I am kinda sorta ambidextrous-ish.

Scissors are specifically made to have pressure from the thumb. That’s why us lefties cannot use them well. πŸ˜‰

@Annaleda Practice makes perfect!

Write lefty ,Throw a ball righty

Lefthanded. My Brain almost exploded once I realized in Partnered Dancing Left hand is the Lead Hand and that became The End Of The Argument and The Story.

ambidextrous doesn't mean your hands are equal so I'm more right-handed really depending on the situation.

Totally agree. For me: 60% R, 40% L. I like to switch it up. Practice so to speak. It helps me think differently.

I’m a lefty. Have you noticed how many lefties there are among us atheists? It seems a higher portion of us are lefties than average.

Actually lefty. But starred writing in right hand from child hood.
Being left handed is a taboo in my region.
was insulted several times...
these days I Just ignored

Born right handed but me left needed to take over.

mzee Level 7 Dec 1, 2017

Most often in my right mind, at least thats what I tell people. In little league, saw others batting right handed, so I learned that right handed. Also was incouraged to write right handed as a child (strongly). Was grown before I learned why. It was explained that the devil was supposed to have been, or sat, or something, to do with the left hand of god, so it was a sign of the devil to be left handed. Ain't religion fascinating??

High handed? Deft handed?

I'm cack-handed. I do some things right-handed (eg, using a pen), and some things left-handed (eg, using cutlery or tying shoe laces). And I get into a horrible mess with tasks involving several stages...

Ina Reader's Digest manyyears ago I read areport thatvarious studieshad shownthat 'lefties' were generally among the top 5% of I.Q. results in western nations, so pat yourselves on the back!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6160
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.