Agnostic.com

15 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The odds of me striking a woman are very low, but never zero.

Yeah. People would catch these hands over it too.

If I was a parent, I don't know if I would have handled that situation any better. Child abuse pisses me the fuck off.

She should have gotten the police to look into it.

Will this teacher think the next time? Maybe.

When I was 11, and in Catholic school a nun attempted to hit me. I caught her had and told her if she hit me I would hit her back.

To my parents mortification I was expelled, but it sure made me feel good, and I never regretted it.

Good for her, Biden's mom threatened nun for making fun of Joe about his stutter

And I didn't even think corporal punishment was done anymore.
I remember once in 5th grade a boy always in trouble said he did something I had actually done.
He said later that he was used to getting a "licking" and he knew I wasn't.

A preschooler? That's a baby! Who beats a baby?

I know 2 wrongs don’t make a right, but the teacher got what she deserved. I would have seen to it that she gets paralyzed from the neck down for the rest of her life and confined to a wheelchair. as well as permanent physical pain.

Can't say I wouldn't have done the same.

Catholic schools are notorious for their abundant use of physical punishment.
They tend to attract and harbor child abusers.

There is NO excuse for beating a 2 year old, or any other child, as described.

Most of this idiotic society chuckled about the abuse until it turned sexual. That got more attention but, even that, few Catholics really seem to care. God and Pope first (but in that order).

@rainmanjr Having been brought up around catholics, I heard many horror stories about the abuse suffered by family members.

My maternal grandmother was abused by a nun, when she was a child.
One time in particular, my great-grandmother became so incensed, she went to the school and beat the snot out of the nun.

The thing about all that, which I've never understood, is how all those people, who have suffered so much pain, could still believe in all that religious bullshit?

I'm not kidding. I knew I didn't believe, even though I didn't know the word atheist yet, from when I was very, very young.

@KKGator Must be an aspect of that penance shit. Many people feel that they need to be punished for something, that they're guilty of not handling some kind of responsibility well, so gain a perverted sense of power from the punishment. Very sick puppies.

@rainmanjr Mortification of the flesh to emulate what Jeebus went through. Both their own and others.

Kudos to her imo.
As a parent I had the unwritten rule, " Do NOT touch my child or IF you do you will see what an angry Parent looks and sounds like."
The Headmaster at the Willyama High School here where I live once sent my daughter home with a swollen lip, chipped tooth, bruises to the arms and legs and an that was starting to turn bruised already, HIS claim was that my daughter had attacked and beaten up 4 young Indigenous Students in the school Amenities block.
I stormed into his office, asked him what injuries these victims presented with in comparison to those my daughter was suffering with, his reply was, " Bruised Knuckles of course."
I asked Lorrae to show her hands and knuckles, NO bruising NO swelling, NO abrasions, absolutely NOTHING.
He suddenly did the back-flip, agreed that he had leaped to a false conclusion considering that the complainants were Indigenous girls and Lorrae was white,hence Lorrae MUST be a Racist and therefore MUST be the guilty party..
After some more 'slightly' heated discussion, he agreed to level punishment upon the Indigenous girls, Lorrae was to be given 3 days at home to rest and recover, the school would pay for any visits to the Doctor that Lorrae needed in relation to the injuries, the girls would be expelled from Willyama High and sent to the other High School in town instead AFTER getting 3 weeks Suspension.
He went on to, literally, BEG me "NOT to take this matter to the Local Police as it would put unwelcome media exposure upon the reputation of HIS School and be detrimental to it as well possibly."
As Lorrae and I walked calmly out of his office after hearing that, I turned first to Lorrae and grinned, then to him and calmly said, " Suck eggs Arse-hole, you allow shit like this to happen in YOUR School and Under YOUR Care and Watch, NOW pay the Price, I'm heading straight to the Police Station from here."

Taking one's young child to a Catholic anything is child abuse. Maybe her finances drove her to it? (drove her to leaving her child to be among catholics)

The mom should have filed charges against the teacher. That could teach her a real lesson.

I understand her actions. I can't say it was the best choice of action; yet, when my kids were younger, I strongly believe I may have killed such a person. The woman needs to sue the school, as well, for their harboring such an individual - things like that are seldom first happenings.
I can proudly claim thst my actions, in 1983, helped remove the PHD head of Penn State's daycare. No, actual physical abuse, but things like forcing the kids to stay outside for a half hour in below freezing weather so she could have a quiet meeting.

She may have compromised her case by her actions.

The boy's side could have used a good guy like you.

@rainmanjr Sadly, other parents wouldn't act because the daycare was overall really good and the students who worked there were terrified of the little Napoleon. I went straight to the college Presdent's office. The President's assistant, essentially the 2nd in command listened and investigated, speaking privately to everyone, who in private backed up what I had seen and logged. The woman wasn't technically fired, the school changed her position from a PHD to Masters level and she left. She hated me; once, I had an appointment and after a 20 minute wait just walked into her office and found her reading a magazine. And she knew I was there waiting. I had to walk past her secretary.

@Beowulfsfriend She obviously loved her power trips and playing games with other. Glad you had the balls and smarts to see she was blowing you off on the appt. and walked in to confront her. I love confrontation when I am in equal or greater power than my opponent, and live for it, unlike most other Midwestern people, who don't do conflict and run away from it. I have suffered a lot of flack and ostracism for it from my fellow Midwesterners, but I don't give a damn, as someone has got to do it and buck the cultural mainstream, otherwise problems with organizations never get dealt with in this part of the country, so I will take the heat. I am proud to have more guts than most Midwesterners and to also be more honest and morally superior, in my eyes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:621278
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.