Agnostic.com

96 7

How long...?

How long have you gone being celibate?

LouRaven 5 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

96 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I went about a month with no orgasms once, just to prove to myself I could do it. I wasn't very happy so I haven't repeated the experiment. But as far as not enjoying sex with others, the longest period was several months. I don't have a precise count. It's a time I try to forget, LOL.

Bout a week.

Coldo Level 8 May 2, 2018

About a year?

Five years. My ex came to visit me in Thailand in 2013, but I decided he hadn't changed and wouldn't return with him.

I see...

Two years and counting...

27 years

@Shelton hubby told me (and the marriage counselor) he disliked sex due to stuff from his childhood. I loved him and had very bad experiences of my own in first marriage. So, it was quite okay. EXCEPT for the fact he wanted to use it as an excuse to cheat!

Um ... what's that?

The spell that sticks out was while I was married and she decided she's asexual all at once. I gave it 14 months. Nothing improved.

6.5 years, discounting one brief excursion about a year and a half ago.

If you exclude DIY about 2 years

There was a long period of celibacy at the start, but I don’t think that counts. Outside of that I think 3-4 years.

19 years so far. Not by choice, but I just haven't bothered to do anything about it.

Yikes! I try not to think about this very often because it's depressing. Over 6 years, not sure exactly how long, maybe 7 years. I had crippling social anxiety for the better part of my 20s and early 30s before seeking treatment.

14 months. Currently at 6 months and it's no bueno. But my life's got too much baggage to try to add sex into the mix just yet. I need to find a decent battery operated boyfriend and get on with life.

Thank you for sharing
No bueno in some ways
But
Si bueno in others
I’m my opinion

Ya, no. I'll pass on that celibacy thing.

Emme Level 7 May 2, 2018

The act, or the admission?

@ghettophilosopher
Here ya go:
16 years ago, I chose celibacy for 1 year. Happy?

@Emme If I in some way made you feel pressured to answered the question, it wasn’t my intent and I apologize. It was just a ham fisted attempt at light humor. Again, I’m sorry.

@ghettophilosopher
I'm so NOT at all offened?

Alright!

It's been 14yrs

It has been nearly a decade now and my life is so much less stressful as a result. Sex just seems to complicate relationships so for now I opt out. I do intend on finding someone special to share that aspect of myself with but until then...it just is not worth the risk of someone falling in love with me when I know it will not be reciprocated. When my heart connects again my body WILL respond.

4 years and counting oh dear

Rosh Level 7 May 2, 2018

Nearly two weeks now and no end to the drought in sight ?

As long as I've wanted to
?

5 days.

That's the spirit!

@OldDave I plan on breaking that streak this weekend.

Have been celebrate for 7 years

11 months, there about. I'm practicing celibacy and believe it'll be for life. Turns out, there's a thing called asexual. Found the discription to be super helpful knowing what the hell my feelings towards sex actually was. Not a fan. Also, now I have so much room for activities not related to finding a mate. I learned idgaf what's "more attractive" while experimenting with my look. Also, my interests arn't tailored or censored to impress anyone. Like fuck you if a grown woman can't like makeup and videogames. Something else I found out is the quality of conversion and debate go way up when a dudes not trying to fuck you. Seriously, being challenged as a peer makes interactions actually something to look forward too.

Thank you for sharing
Yep! Asexual is a thing
Not for me however
But I find celibacy is helpful to become more mindful and disective

Senior citizen here who enjoys multiplayer FPS. Battlefield franchise highly addictive.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.