Agnostic.com

16 1

Do different colors affect your mood?

I know that very bright colors, like lemon yellow makes me feel nervous. I feel more relaxed with pale yellows, blues, and greens. Colors do affect my mood.

ebdb 7 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. I find blue and green to be cool, calming colors. Reds are more exciting, as are orange and yellows. I would not want to stay in a room painted orange or very bright yellow. Purples I find somewhat depressing.

i love bright blue and bright yellow, as i find them cheerful. there have been studies that find more subtle effects colors have on us, apart from our actual taste. [colour-affects.co.uk]

g

I love all the colors together. Rainbow spectrum makes me incredibly happy. I wouldn't want my house decorated in anything dark because it would make it feel smaller. I don't usually wear orange or yellow because they don't look good with my skin tone. Neons, I don't like neons. That's about it. Maybe it's the artist in me? But all color has the potential to be really exciting and esthetically pleasing.

Yes, have studied a bit of the science about this when I did Interior Design. Colours vibrate at different speeds which affect us: [psitek.net]. Obviously some people also attach their own meaning to them and memories can change the mood from them too.

Orange, by itself, seems frenetic. Blue is cool and soothing. Green is cool, yet vibrant. Red shows energfy.

Cool colors are more relaxing.

Deb57 Level 8 May 6, 2018

I'm more partial to reds, blacks and grays.

Absolutely. A bright and sunny yellow makes me happy. Bright, dark red makes me a little anxious, almost cantankerous, blue is like a cleansing bath in a brilliant lake. Green is living plants growing because they want to, and the rainbow is God's way of saying, "Y'all my bitches... know wha I mean?"

Yes, colors affect everybody. This is why dark days are "gloomy." Blue of any color, but usually lighter shades is my favorite color. Most of my home is painted an eggshell color with white ceilings. This is why my home is never depressing to me.

Yes, they do. the different weather really does a lot.

Bright colors also make me anxious. I prefer and feel more relaxed with blues and purples, but then again purple and blue are my favorite colors.

Yes colours do affect mood. As a depressive myself I prefer blues and autumnal colours as calming, and brighter colours particularly in clothing when I'm feeling more upbeat. Favourite colour for clothes is black.

My ex-husband did a thesis on color theory for his Senior Year of College. Rather I ended up writing his final thesis so I remember certain colors affect your behavior. LOL

There are whole studies dedicated to color and mood. Learned about some of them in architecture school. Was surprises to find that pink makes people aggressive and angry. Wonder how much it affects young girls...

Red and orange make me tense

yes, and the type of light source.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74564
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.