Agnostic.com

314 19

Do you support Trump?

I completely believe that the US government needs to be completely revamped and revised before we can actually do any good for this country. But - taking that out of the equation, for now, I'd really love to hear people's (honest, respectful and mature) reasons why they do or do not support Trump. (or is unsure). Please, no disrespect or rudeness. He is our president and deserves at least the respect that position affords him (that does not mean we agree with him, but we shouldn't be slinging insults and such)

• 50 votes
  • 664 votes
  • 13 votes
smilnjan 6 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

314 comments (276 - 300)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

F Trump

This is the most inept leader our country has ever put into the White House. He is always causing some stupid drama on Twitter, insulting those who disagree with him or his policies, and just a triggered special snowflake in general. And chances are, if you support him, you might be a snowflake as well.

Just read American Facists by Chris Hedges and you'll know exactly where this Administration is heading.

Wanker! Dumbfuck! Moron, Dotard, Narcissicist, Idiot, etc, etc.

Couldn't say it better myself

Trump is an asshat who will kill the last few things good about the US.

When Drumpf entered the race for President, I had a visceral negative reaction and nothing has happened since to change that. I'm offended by every indecent and immoral action he has made, i.e., his mockery toward a man with a physical disability, his inability to respect any woman ever, his determination to trample the Constitutional rights of anyone who opposes him and, last but not least, his inability to tell the good guys from the bad guys (white supremacists) and further inability or unwillingness to call them out. He is a disgrace to the principles of our Country,

Chesan Level 2 Oct 16, 2017

the feeling of a wet blanket soaked in a mild acid draped over my shoulders kind of sums up my visceral feeling

There is no such thing as white supremacy. Claiming it’s to blame for anyone’s woes is ignorant and racist . Denying history is being stupid . Just put your head in the sand. Colonisation is civilisation!

@Seriousreason Sadly for you, your statement is one of the most ignorant I've seen on this site. So sad. White supremacy is akin to 'white privilege' and it's very real and alive as we speak. 'Chesan' just stated the facts re Trump, so, how has he denied history, and what do you mean by "Colonisation is civilisation"??? I have my own idea of it but would like to hear yours....

I give him all the respect he deserves. Zero

Here's the bottom line, folks. ALL politicians are really nothing more than self-serving, ego driven Narcissists, who suffer under the delusion that they are better than most others in some way, and therefore think that they have some kind of innate right to act as our master.
Agreeing that others have some kind of right, obligation or duty to be your nanny IS a form of mental illness!! Why don't you just take 100% full responsibility for your own life and your actions in it? Or are you still too immature to know right from wrong, and so you need someone to take the blame for you when you make a mistake??
For someone to begin spouting off about a subject before they educate themselves as much as possible in that subject, are no better than a total fool who refuses to learn the facts.
We do not need to revamp the government at all, just learn that it's all done by the CONSENT of the governed, and then take our stolen powers back!

Randy

all politicians, that kinda sounds like a hasty generalization

Yes, it does sound like an unfair or hasty generalization, but then can you name me just ONE politician who is different than what I say they all are? Ron Paul was the only one of them who ever came anywhere close to breaking out of that broad accusation, but you don't see him around anymore now, do you?
Shitlery has got to be the absolute WORST of the worst when it comes to self-serving, diabolical, murderous, selfish, greedy and lying over inflated egotists that the planet Earth has ever had to be disgraced with, it's soiled by her mere presence here! And that's my high praise for that sleazy scumbag! And Dumpster is no better, so don't think that I'd ever approve of that pile of fertilizer who walks around in suits that cost more than many people earn in a month!

Randy

Wow, Randy. You obviously don't even understand the function of Government....

And Trump isn't even a politician. He dabbled in making "political" statements just because it got him more attention.

By FAR the vast majority of people who go into politics are different from your caricature.

Most who go into politics have a genuine desire to make things better for their city, county, state, country; whatever level they're at. Your definition or my definition of what constitutes "better" will obviously differ, but that's why the process of politics is to compromise. At least it used to be. Once upon a time there was a "loyal Opposition". Now the other party is demonized. I take it for granted that almost everyone loves America, but the form that love takes is the problem. Some want to love America by turning it into their idea of what it was in 1783 or 1850 or 1950, and others think the way to love our nation is to let the people who live in it do more or less what they want as long as no consenting adults are hurt.

Can I name one politician? Bob Corker. Jeff Flake. Sherrod Brown. John McCain. Al Franken. Al Gore. Olympia Snowe. I could go all day, but then my post would cover the page.

Hes a racist, sexist pig that should have never been able to run for president.

@Countrycuz666 My, my....are you comparing Trump's escapades with Clinton's??? Trump has screwed anything that walks. Interesting. Actually there is public domain proof of Trump being guilty of discrimination against blacks by denying them access to renting one of his properties.

@Countrycuz666 Seriously??? "It does not matter that he does what he says." Let's see if I can make sense of this...you say he does what he says he'll do, no matter what is 'other' behavior is about?? Well, he promised to revive the coal industry, hasn't happened;
he promised to lower pharmaceutical drug costs, backed out;
would replace Obamacare with something better, came up with something worse; renegotiate Iran deal, just exits;
immediately terminate DACA, fed judge orders Trump admin to accept new DACA requests; suspend immigration from "terror-prone" places, then removes Chad from travel ban list; build a safe zone for Syrian refugees, amidst troop withdrawal announcements NOTHING; build a wall & make Mexico pay for it, has $1.6B secured;
no cuts to Medicare & Social Security, after tax reform passed, cuts are proposed;
end the defense sequester, it's still on the books rendered moot by spending spike;
expand mental health programs, budget offers new money but possible Medicaid changes could offset, i.e., nothing;
invest $550B in infrastructure & create infrastructure fund, just $200B in fed outlays;
take no salary, hasn't happened yet;
create private WH veterans hotline, nothing yet;
enact term limits for Congress, stalled;
impose death penalty for cop killers, not happening;
appoint special prosecutor for Hillary Clinton, not happening;
enact temp ban on new regulations, not happening;
eliminate 'Common Core', nope;
impose hiring freeze on fed employees, nope;
slash fed regulations, YUP now rivers and lakes can repolluted & we can gut out the Grand Canyon;
put lifetime ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections, ooops, not happening;
defund 'Planned Parenthood', not happening;
approve Keystone XL project & reap the profits, nowhere; achieve energy independence, snore....;
add additional fed investment of $20B toward school choice, nowhere;
eliminate wasteful spending in every department in first 100 days, still nothing;
open up libel laws to be able to sue those who write "negative and horrible and false articles...and win lots of money," nowhere;
cancel global warming payments to the UN, compromised;
close up part of the internet where ISIS is found, nothing;
bring back waterboarding, nope;
develop plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days, still nope;
establish commission on 'radical' Islam, nothing;
cancel Paris climate agreement, YUP, got it done & considered worst decision ever;
provide Air Force with 1200 fighter aircraft & rebuild 350 Naval ships & subs, cuz we need all this shit for war with those who have next to nothing;
ask countries we protect to pay more for joint defense, nothing yet;
guarantee 6-week paid maternity leave, nope;
change vaccination schedule for children, nope;
allow individuals to deduct health care insurance premiums from taxes, NOPE;
allow free access to the drug market so providers of can offer safe, cheaper products, nothing;
increase Veterans' healthcare, not yet;
cancel funding of sanctuary cities, nothing yet; establish a ban on Muslims entering US, ZIP; use US steel for infrastructure projects, nowhere;
raise tariffs on goods imported into US, he's doing it carelessly, despite advice;
declare China a currency manipulator, a big NO;
adopt 'penny plan' reduce spending by 1% yearly (not touching defense or 'entitlement' spending, got nowhere;
save the Carrie plant jobs, had it for a few months then ownership stripped plant...gone;
eliminate fed debt in 8 years, nada...he just signed tax reform adding $1.5T in debt
sue his accusers of sexual misconduct, HAHAHA, yeah, NOWHERE & now he's buried;
not take vacations, HAHAHA, yeah, has more golf vacations than Obama had in 8 years;
release his tax returns after audit completed, NOT;
create targeted child care tax credits, up to 4, GONE;
cut taxes for everyone, especially the middle class, YEAH, the 1% are sure happy
cut number of tax brackets, repeal alternative min tax, eliminate carried interest loophole, ZIP;
Balance fed budget 'fairly quickly', HAHAHA, just added $1.5T in debt...fat chance;
create 10% repatriation tax, GREAT for sizeable corps;
eliminate estate tax, some compromise, but this is for the 'wealthy' only, don't get taxed only on dollars beyond $5M (individual) or $10M (married), this tax should be raised;
scale back Dept of Educ, he did hiring DeVos, a completely ignorant dolt of a person who has ZERO experience in education, clueless;

Churchill was not the 'nice guy' people have made him out to be, a ruthless character in his own right.

Trump's children are a mess; Don Jr is walking on thin ice and may face a prison term; he and Jared, even Eric are under scrutiny. Ivanka's business practices are being exposed for their manipulation in the labor market. Jared lost his 'top secret' status for stupidity. For two years, prosecutors in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office had been building a criminal case against them for misleading prospective buyers of units in the Trump SoHo, a hotel and condo development that was failing to sell. With their father, they coordinated false info given to prospective buyers. Manhattan DA, Cyrus Vance, overruled his own prosecutors and dropped the charges. A lot of money was exchanged, among other things, helped Vance's reelection campaign.

I could go on, and I've already provided a lot of info for you to get the 'picture' of who these people are as well as the fact that Capt Orange doesn't keep promises very well.

Your criticism of me is just the sound of a old bore who can't think well for himself. Why are you here???

@peaceman1948 You really know your stuff bro. Too bad the FOX news audience doesn't know these things.

If by support you mean voted for, I did Not. However, Yes, he if the US president but I would not take personal ownership and call him "My" president. I would say to a certain degree I do support him to make good decisions with the help and knowledge from those along side him. So far, I am greatly disappointed with how he presents himself through speech and action. I just hope as a nation we can pick up where our wonderful President Obama left off and continue to progress forward and not backwards into our horrible history.

RJAU Level 4 Oct 14, 2017

I would use a live rattlesnake as a condom before I trust Trump.

Holy shit, that is frikkin funny! And, a very scary vision! LOL

You win the best comment award! BTW, my dearest friend of 35 years is from Butler Alabama. What a small word. ROLL TIDE! I'd message you but I just joined and I can't. My email is jensjewels9398@gmail.com if you care to message me.

He lies (alternative facts) about 70% of the time. He doesn't understand nor respect the Constitution - per his comments on the free press and protesting. He is also clearly racist - per his comments on Puerto Rico and Charlottesville. So far he has done nothing good for the country. His actions have proven him to be a bigot, racist, homophobe and xenophobe. I do not respect anyone like that.

CS60 Level 7 Oct 13, 2017

He needs to be impeached for his conduct. His attitude against women, minorities. His connections with Russia

we are watching him engage in the major meltdown that i've been talking about since after the primaries.

hes providing what i expected him to provide, some high quality entertainment

Trump is brilliant at marketing aka propaganda; however, I find that he sells nothing more than snake oil and racism.

But you wait, "It is the greatest thing anyone has ever seen or done!" What the eff it is, nobody knows, but it will be epic!!!

It works though

Absolutely not...everything he has done has been an embarassment

What I want to see happen to SEWOL (Stinking Eukaryotic Waste Of Life - my name for Drumpf), his criminal family, and all who have aided and abetted him in commerce or government is probably not appropriate for this message board.

Absolutely not. He and his clown posse need to go. This country is falling apart. There is no making America great while he's running the show. He's a nut job!

Glad I found this site. Always thought there should be such a thing like SecularSingles.com or something to that nature. Its a breath of fresh air to interact with like minded individuals who are actually informed on issues and enjoy intellectual conversation.

Trump is a flawed human being in many respects. He is unstable mentally, has demonstrated a lack of respect, empathy and compassion for others, is an habitual liar, and is concerned only for himself, his family, and his brand. Any other questions?

Everyday he disrespects someone. You have to show respect to others to have any expectation of getting respect in return. No one is automatically 'entitled' to it. No I don't support him.

I don't like him.

He hasn't said or done anything I can support. His refusing to take responsibility for his actions and the resulting consequences is not the action of any great leader in history. The clarity of what he supports is everchanging making him not one I would follow. His agenda is laughable. If you look at great leaders in history he shares none of their traits. He's undone what others before him without providing a better replacement. He doesn't inspire people to greatness. I feel the life being sucked out of me when I listen to him. He evokes feelings of distrust and wrongness. I can go on but I refuse to citing the disgust he evokes in me.

SamL Level 7 Oct 8, 2017

Two steps forward one step back I call it. I was a Hill supporter and actively volunteered for her camp. Sure Bernie had a lot of good ideas but the country just wasn't ready for free college tuition for everyone. He had a lot of supporters but not enough to win the Dem nomination. I'm with him though when it comes to national health care. And not because that will benefit me because I'll be 65 next month.The sooner we see that and get it over with the better. That may be a tough slog though with 150 million in this country now though getting health care from their employers. One thing I do know for sure. A 2009 study done by Harvard medical school showed that if your a working age American and you don't have health care you have a 40% higher chance of dying then someone that has private insurance. The Republicans know this but having a massive tax cut for the wealthiest in this country is more important to them. As far as I concerned all Republicans that supported repeal of the ACA should be charged with attempted murder. What I find so unbelievable now is that Trump seems to be purposefully alienating just about every segment of the population. This last week it was women by signing an executive order that can remove insurance payments for 62 million women's birth control. Maybe we'll all be lucky and Mueller will find enough to get him impeached on sooner then later.

Never will! He is just horrible!

I can't think of a single day since his inauguration when there hasn't been some sort of scandal, incident, or negative event involving the Trumps or someone incredibly close to the Trumps.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:854
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.