Agnostic.com

82 6

So what is your most hated song of alltime? The one that you have heard so many times that you just can't bear the thought of hearing it again. For me it's Freebird by Lynrd Skynrd

myownmind 7 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

82 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ain't No Sunshine When She'e Gone.

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, ad nauseum.

In addition to Freebird I also hate Jack and Diane by John Mellencamp Cougar. There are others but those are probably top of the list.

John COugar Bellycramp

It's John Cougar Mellonhead.

A friend of mine was just on a JCM kick...I tried to understand, really, but I just didn't get it! hahaha

Wind Beneath My Wings sung by Bette Midler. I don't think I've heard it by anyone else but this is turn off, cover ears, gnash teeth and groan. Cannot stand wailing .

Definitely, God bless America.

Michael Bolten's version of How Am I Supposed To Live Without You. It's a bloated, unoriginal mess to begin with. When Michael Bolten sings it, it's like being stuck in an elevator in hell with a single blown speaker blaring at full volume.

"Memories" by Barbara Streisand". It's like chalk scraped across a blackboard I tell you.

Maggie May by Rod F...ing Stewart.

any song by Rod Stewart!

Noooo! Great track! One I actually love. Don't ever book me to DJ your wedding! ?

I consider that his best song, still an automatic reach to change the station. It only hurts my ears, his other songs hurt my teeth too, and his disco is waterboarding

Sweet home Alabama. I'm a musician and have played this song for 40 years. I simply refuse to do it now, but people still ask for it. I call these songs... the stairway to the house of rising freebird!

I like Freebird. Mine would be Seasons of the Sun by Terry Jacks. It’s just so formulaic and sickeningly sweet. It just sets my teeth on edge everytime I hear it.

How about the French version?

@BD66 that’s actually worse.

Roxanne by the Police. It pierces my brain and I have to change it immediately!

That, and ANYHING by REO Speedwagon.

@WillP2020
You know what I mean....

@WillP2020
Jethro Tull..... He was a redeeming factor.

I agree with your choice also. Free Bird is just a long drawn out man-whine session ... what a borefest. To make matters worse, this song was chosen as my high school class song (circa 1981) ... talk about rubbing salt on the wound, sheesh.

I third this.

Mungo Jerry
This song is just embarrassing.

Now that's odd!
I kinda liked that song, until I saw that ewww video!

"If her Daddy's poor, just do as you please" - that's a lousy attitude.

"You're so vain" always annoys the shit out of me, why shouldn't he think the song is about him IT is about him. "Afternoon Delight" is so dopey and the voices so infantile it feels pedo; It's like adding to the Barney Song, "I love you, you love me so let's get a room". The band Chicago is an automatic switch the station and I think "If you leave me now" is the worst of the worst. It's the elevator music in hell (poetically speaking)

Hate afternoon delight!

pretty much anything by Bon Jovi

I can't believe no one has said it yet... Sweet Caroline. Makes me want to scream every time.

No shit!

I love Neil Diamond.

Anything rap/hiphop is disliked just because, no need to hate... genre is not liked.

The Cars for Kids Jingle. Jenny (867-5309) only because it will be stuck in your head. Age of Aquarius to name a few

Yes! I fucking hate lynerd skynyrd

oh, thanks for reminding me about Freebird

LOL, Lynard Skynard is the worst ever!

It's the happy melody bit colliding with the horrible words.

And they are both awful.

Muma mia and any other Abba song. Achey breaky heart

" I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key"... H A T E that song!!!!

Hutch Level 7 May 27, 2018

Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye.
Just those lyrics..."Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" I'm pissed right now thinking about it!

Yeah, that was a pretty lame attempt at trying to follow up "Let's Get It On"...which, by the way, might be the best fuck song ever!

@Fit-50something That's hilarious. I actually like that song!

Love Shack...pointless and annoying. Have to change the channel everytime!

@jellyfish This post was to list songs we hate....and l did. It wasn't to ask if you agree or disagree with my opinion. And l don't need any 'funky cold medina'...OR advice from you.

Annoying song for sure...most of their stuff is tho...

I cannot decide if the lyrics, the music, or the voice was the shittiest thing about that song, but they sure as hell belonged together.

@jellyfish 😟 that’s my last name. lol you can’t imagine how many times I’ve been teased about that. I live the song though. Reminds me of college.

As a parent of kids under 10 I have to say if I hear that damn Finger family song one more time I will blow my freaking brains out

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:91535
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.