Agnostic.com

127 19

Could you stay isolated for five days in total isolation as an asocial experiment?

This includes no contact interaction with the outside world what’s so ever. No computers, no phones.

EmeraldJewel 7 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

127 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Given enough books to last the five days and, ideally, 15 bottles of wine, this would be my idea of the perfect vacation.

Jnei Level 8 June 6, 2018

Depends what you mean by total isolation. I wouldn't fancy being locked in a cell for five days but to spend five days without seeing another person would be no big deal. for example living in a remote cabin with a few good books.
There was a an early pop song with the words "people who need people are the luckiest people in the world". Absolute nonsense. People who are self contained and can live without human contact are the lucky ones.

Definitely. Movies and popcorn all week long!

That would be heaven if I could have some books, good food, nature maybe? People as a group quite often suck and I do not trust them.

Quarm Level 6 Jan 12, 2019

I would certainly try. If I could bring as much non internet non electronic of my stuff as I wanted.

Probably.

Yes

Easy. I do it all the time.

I would welcome it! It would give me time to think.

I could probably do it, but l wouldn't care for it.

Not a nice experience but possible

Except for being disabled and needing help with some physical stuff, yes. i would have no problem emotionally with that.

g

OMG I would love that. People suck ;0P

Absolutely no worry be a pleasure when do I start?

Sounds wonderful.

I think I’d enjoy it

I get my rattie roommate right? Because five days to him is like 5 months of his life and I would miss him and he would miss me....

Do I get to have my dog? Don’t see an issue then.

A book? yep I bet I could. This past year for personal reasons I've spent 95 percent of my time without anyone around...I must admit I had a computer..but 5 days? easy.

Sure, if I was a coma. Depends on what the conditions are. Prisoners of War were treated under those conditions and survived.

Trod Level 5 June 15, 2018

I'm conducting that very experince, but till my ascention is complete...... what's your motivation here?

y0d5 Level 4 June 9, 2018

Done it - with full-time semester courses to study. I gave myself goals, ex: you can't wash your hair until you finish this or that. Criminal justice and abnormal behavior courses. When I finally emerge from my home to buy food or if a JW comes to my door, I speak or try to. Not much comes out at first. Talking and hearing my voice would stop me from talking, because it didn't feel right, mostly because there really wasn't anyone I wanted to talk to anyways.

No problem

Marz Level 7 June 7, 2018

The 'rules' are not explained well enough. Could there be books, for example? Would creature comforts; water, foods, addictive coffees/teas be provided?
Would one be isolated in a room, or a cabin in a distant woods, or perhaps an island?
For me, with foodstuffs, access to outdoors, the temperature reasonable, by whatever method, and an assortment of books, my tenure there might run quite a bit longer than a week.

Absolutely. The peace sounds blissful.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100661
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.