Agnostic.com

72 3

What do you think about sharks?

I know they are perceived as evil by many, but what do you think of sharks?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

72 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are necessary predators and generally stick to the food available in their territory...the ocean. We are in their environment and if we encounter them, we are the ones who need to be aware that we just are food...nothing more. As a certified diver, I have been around sharks all my life. I see them along the shore lines all the time when even the lifequards miss them...lifeguarded beaches need to learn about their migration, their feeding times, rogue sharks etc. but they don't and people are unaware and could get hurt...but seriously, your odds of being injured or killed by a shark is so tiny...you will die from texting while driving.

I think they should be left alone & all shark fin soup should be illegal. They are one of the oldest creatures in the . An amazing animal. Do not get your information from the hollywood movies. Get it from National Geographic.

"Evil" is a human concept. Sharks are incapable if being evil. They're just sharks, doing what sharks do.
Too many people are stupid with that shit.

Prefer Jets

To date, no shark has ever broken into my home and stolen stuff, mugged me, nicked my bike, tried to run me over, made a racist/homophobic/misogynist comment, been deliberately cruel, committed a rape, started a war or conducted genocide.

I like them a lot more than I like humans.

Jnei Level 8 June 22, 2018

Me too! ?

So true!

Wow, that is my experience as well.

They could help clean up some of our problems by being fed politicians.

Hahaha!

Hahaha!

I love sharks. Have swam with sharks. There are so many species with so many different characteristics and behaviour. We need to respect them and understand them. We also need to protect them. Many are caught as bycatch in the fishing industry. Many are inhumanely mutilated for their fins. Humans kill many many more sharks per day than sharks kill people in a year. I support shark conservation. I have a tattoo of hammerhead sharks on my right arm.

Being a lawyer myself, I have no problem with my fellow sharks. 😛

Seriously, sharks are no more evil than any other carnivorous animal. Humans have exaggerated the danger of sharks, and are too merciless toward them. Let's leave them in peace.

Say it was so cold the other day....drumroll... I saw a lawyer walking around with his hands in his own pocket. Boom.

@Bigwavedave LOL

@BestWithoutGods I used to know dozens of lawyer jokes. I forgot most of them . Thanks for indulging me.

@Bigwavedave Why don't sharks eat lawyers? Professional courtesy.

They are big fish. I swim/dive with them all the time. Unless I'm doing something to make myself look/smell like their regular pray I'm not worried at all about being bitten.

wow I would be ascared

Their abilities as a killing machine is second only to humans. They never kill for sport and so may be kinder as well. I try not to put myself in situations that make me look like food.

Sharks don't perceive the concept of evil. It's a silly way to describe them. The are the best at what they do. ?

Sharks may be dangerous, but how can they be evil?

They are amazing creatures, but I would never get in a tank to swim with any

I like them and they should be left alone, as all wildlife!

Sharks; a six letter word for teeth?

Oh yes!

Love them, especially Whale and Mako!

BillF Level 7 June 22, 2018

Yeah, I don't think of sharks unless I'm at the aquarium. They aren't evil, they are just acting in their sharkiness which is what they are as creatures. I reserve the word evil for the Republicans and everyone in this current administration.

I feel bad for them, us fucking them over.

They serve a function and should not be hunted to extinction.

Marine Level 8 June 22, 2018

Plenty of Noahs Arks in the water about a kilo from where I live, so I don't swim there much, though lots of people do. Statistically the chances of being taken aren't high, but I don't care for them, and it's their home, so I keep out of it. BTW the sharks off the coast my my state aren't nice cuddly types and do kill people from time to time.

Poolsharks?
Landsharks?
Loansharks?

Angus Level 5 June 22, 2018

I   don't normally think about sharks unless I'm at a beach. Then I keep an eye open and watch where I'm walking .

I think lawyers give them a bad name.

I try not to play poker with them.

A large fish with sharp teeth like any fish always hungry

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:112897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.