Agnostic.com

59 6

While in your teens did you see your current age as old?

53 did seem old to me then. Sometimes feel old when I see someone in their 30 and realize that I am old enough to be their father.

Shelton 8 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was 19, I was in the bar and would always notice this creepy old man checking out all the young girls. I was out with my (now ex) husband a few years ago and I realized he was the creepy old man sitting at the bar! Lol

There's just something not fair here. First, I was a creepy kid, then I was a creepy young man. Now I'm a creepy old man.

Come on!! How does a guy get a break??

When I was a teenager i thought people in their 30's were old and that people my age (pushing 70) was prehistoric

Well ... I am 64 ... so my teens ended long ago. My parents became grandparents in their mid 40s,; which was the norm. Some people at my current age were already great-grandparents. My own grandparents were my current age when I was a teen. People above the age of 60 were not just old, they were very old indeed.

You Bet!!! But then, I recall having more respect for those who were my
current age group.....some were, some were not.
I fear that nowadays..there are those in our current age group who
tend to be very insecure and loud...spewing hate whenever there is a
camera or an audience. {Present company excluded}
P.S. Remember to Vote.
Despite what the HATERS say...your VOTE Does Count!

This is every generation...and I feel a little badly for the millenials more than I do for our generation anyway...things that were affordable and reasonable 20-30yrs ago are almost totally out of reach today. Wages are basically the same but costs of living have increased not to mention "extras" like private school/college are astronomical.
They get to bitch a little because we fucked it up for them

just one article in a mountain of information out there. [investopedia.com]

Here, here

NO! I saw it as ancient ... like how old trees are.

I remember when I thought 24 was old ?

Got worse on every birthday. Gawd, I'm 61 now!

godef Level 7 Sep 11, 2018

For sure. When I was a teenager anyone over 40 seemed old to me

Yes. Positively ancient!

I don't think so. I think I always thought old was like 70s-90s when bodies start to most noticeably seem to atrophy.

Eh, not really. I'd say old is when someone reaches 70.

It even feels like the late 30’s are immature.

I am standing at the milestone in my life where I can see it's downhill from here.....things should be easy and I should start to pick up speed towards whatever is in store....

I could never imagine being as old as I am now. ( I'll be 72 in December). I thought my grandma was incredibly old, but she was in her 40s when I was little. I would be thrilled if I could go back to my 40s now. When I was a teenager, I wondered if I would live long enough to see the year 2000. It seemed very impossible to live thG long. I was 54 in 2000. It doesn't seem old at all now.

Absolutely not. Growing up Fundamentalist, I always thought Jesus was going to come before I was even old enough to drink. When that didn't happen, I thought it would be soon enough that I didn't grow old. Bottom line, Jesus is lost, and won't stop and ask for directions, and I'm still waiting here for him to pick me up and introduce me to his dad.

As a pre-teen and teen, I was into men who were in their 40s or older. I liked how mature they were. When I got older, in my 20s and 30s, I preferred men in their 50s or older. And now, I still like much older men. I guess in my teenage years I wouldn't see someone who's 47, like I am now, as old, just mature and desirable.

Yes, absolutely. I would have considered my age to be ancient. I still do because I think and act like I am that teenager again. I often say that I am re-visiting my teens. 😀

Hell yeah! I thought 57 was freakin' ancient!
Now, it just FEELS that way. LOL

Oh, yaah. Waity until you are old enough to be the grandfather of someone in their 30s. At the age of 80+ I don't tyhink about age so much anymore. I just feel like I am hanging in there.

Yes, I did. Now that I reached it, It isn't so bad. As long as no one talks down to me with judge a book by it's cover philosphy or tattles on me because think I"m lying about my age.

Yep. Truth be told, I never expected to make it much past 50. At 65, I can't tell how old anyone under 40 is.

fuck yes

Not just old, but ancient.

Yes ...I thought my current age [76 years] was old when I was a teenager. But now it doesn't seem old. I am in great health and feel terrific. I still have all my hair and it is still not all gray. I'm 5' 10'' tall ..165 lbs and I think I look great.

Seventy-five....can only remember my teens when I'm dreaming that I'm still in my forties dreaming of when I walked around with an erection all day....seldom want to wake up..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.