Agnostic.com

33 21

Only atheists.

I’m not open to a relationship with any believers. I have no tolerance for even spiritual, horoscope, woo kinda beliefs. It feels like it’s impossible to meet an actual non believer who I get along with, near my age. Anyone else feeling the statistics?

KristaPedia 3 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's exhausting looking for like-minded people in this part of the world.

Just a thought. You're either single or you're hitched. Wearing a divorced badge isn't gonna help you meet men.

@nastynifty Thanks for the captivating advice.

Really? I thought it would be easier in California.

@nastynifty what does being divorced have to do with anything? I am divorced. My ex and I get along great, we just grew apart - no big deal.

I'm married to a woman who's turned to religion. It makes things difficult but tolerable. But I would never recommend dating a believer if you are an atheist.
And I want to add the money issues of major donations to her religious institution out of her retirement money..

Poor you...

@LucyLoohoo this didn’t start until late in our marriage. 😢

@ADKSparky And yet...I'm assuming she was an intelligent person? How did this happen?

@LucyLoohoo It happened around 1999 and I'm not sure what triggered it. She's extremely smart.

@ADKSparky Granted, I don't keep a count, but, in my experience here....I probably know more atheists than believers.

Ex partner turned to religion

HAH! Sort of a ''come to Jesus'' thing?

@LucyLoohoo not quite that bad

I met someone recently who is an atheists, but a big Trump supporter. Besides telling me the problems religion has caused, also told me we didn't have a race problem until Obama became President. 😨 I think it would have been better for me if she was a believer and a liberal.

She's right, it was all his fault for being born in Kenya. (This comment was typed in New Tymes Sarcastia, the critical font for conveying comments dripping with viscous sarcasm)

I don’t find many female atheists. But also don’t make it a purity test for who I’ll date. An open mind, kind heart with a wicked sense of humor works for me.

Yeah, getting away from the bullshit that others believe is difficult. She was a Taurus and I immediately lost interest.

Hey hey now - I am a Taurus (I think) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I won’t date a Taurus either! 😠

@Heidi68 you, however are not flooding my social media with bullshit. You get a pass.

@onthefire and I don't even really know what a Taurus is - well, other than I am a bit bull headed 🤣🤣🤣

location location location.

I completely agree. Having tried to be "open minded" in a couple of relationships with believers, I found at our core we just could never get along. Our understanding on human rights and decency differed on a substantial and foundational level to such a degree that it (from them) turned into a morbid concern for my "afterlife", and soul. And as is the case with the entire Christian faith, became a condescension of me because I was "cold", and emotionless because I couldn't just "believe". I too have landed on a point of view that straddles the intolerant scope for believers. Especially those who try to control the lives of others, and forces (indoctrinates) children that have no capacity to understand or choose (yet). Scaring a child into submission isn't parenting. It's abuse.

I agree with you fully on this but we have an age difference. In earlier life I believed in every kind of woo. Today I believe in none. Woo is BS in the same way that gods are BS.

People always hint that if I don't "hurry up" and find god or another woman I just might run out of time. LOL My longtime theist friend from age 12 or so thinks it should be a "church woman." Am I worried that I might run out of time? No. Believers have the most ignorant reasons to believe.

Hmmm, trickier in the States than Europe. I can also see the woo density in SF being an issue.
Sceptics conventions?
Certain professions seem to attract the irreligious, so if you're in, say, geology, climate science or nuclear engineering it might be easier than if you teach grade school.
Maybe enrolling in an adult education class in your local university?
I don't really feel the stats, but I live in England and work in a highly technical industry, so it's not exactly bursting with believers.

I have met some believers that I could appreciate. Unfortunately they're not women, LOL!!! They seek the truth and don't mind my status. They're logical and not what they call "Church Bots" I wish there were women like that but I haven't met any yet. Kudos on the drum thing. I'm a drummer too.

America numbers and trends.

It’s getting better!

@Hathacat yep

I hear you. After everything I went through with my ex due to his religious beliefs, no more but, for example, a lot of my family would consider themselves religious but don't really practice, you wouldn't think they were religious upon meeting them, but they believe in god. They don't get how I could not believe in god and some think it's because of my ex that I don't believe in god (which they may be right on, who knows how my beliefs would have shaped up if I hadn't married him). So, if it's something like that, I could probably tolerate it. But they would have to be LGBT+ friendly, non-smoking, and don't own a gun. The latter could give me more issues than anything else but due to my PTSD issues, is non-negotiable. I won't have a gun in my house. I don't want religion running my life again, that would most definitely be a deal breaker. I don't believe in god and I'm not going to do things or avoid doing things to appease someone's imaginary friend.

A relationship doers not seem possible to me even friendship is a stretch most of the time.

Looking for a relationship with a non-believer is very wise, even better a non-horoscope or card-reader. It's not impossible, I'm married to one...

No way in the world I could be with a theist! Something that basic just isn't possible.

In regards to "dating", I am only here for friendship and nothing more.

However, your profile says you're open to meeting women.

@WonderWartHog99 Of course and I am open to meeting women for friendship and my profile makes that perfectly clear.

@jlynn37 Then why aren't you open to meeting men? You are sending a false message.

@jlynn37 For those who aren't here for dating, they pick the "here for the community" option. Those who are here for the dating mention which kind or kinds of gender they want to date.

Since you picked the "women" option the reasonable assumption is you are a straight guy looking to date women.

I picked the community option because I'm married and wife runs the gals off with a broom.

@WonderWartHog99 You do you, I do me and let's strive to do or cause no harm.

@ElusiveMoby I have no interest in men in any way.

@jlynn37 You do you, I do me

Petunia insists I should do her as well and leave third parties alone.

>and let's strive to do or cause no harm.

You're no fun at all. There's a few I'd like to stuff a bratwurst up their asses and release a pack of starving wolves.

"Release the hounds!" -- Mr. Burns.

I feel the same way... especially since the men I am attracted to tend to be more religious as demographics than white guys :/ I also have no tolerance for new age, spiritual and other woo beliefs. I do not know where my scientifically literate, atheist/agnostic knight in shining armour is! 😟 😛

Here they are:

Is this 'merca or global?

@jlynn37 global.

Dated a woman who was an atheist, but over time, she said she believed in Astrology. To me, this is highly contradictory and is a form of cognitive dissonance. Granted, there are varying degrees of atheism/agnosticism, however, to borrow from the astrology camp and claim your an atheist was too hypocritical. [We broke up for other reasons, not that].

You do know that atheism has nothing to do with anything else that you believe. Atheism is a lack of belief in any gods.

@xenoview She believed that being born at a certain time in the calendar year, the astrological sign that was assigned to you, was an accurate depiction of your personality.

Agreed, astrology and Atheism are different, however, the logic and rationale to be an Atheist contradicts the belief system in Astrology.

I feel your frustration, sister! I am in western South Dakota, albeit the second largest city in the state and as soon as someone begins to question Christianity they get snapped up by the woo-woo stuff, fake Native Americanism, or else are old men bulging with anger issues (oh godless help me, am I one too???). I am a member of the local atheist gathering and it is kinda hopeless.

Good luck, sister. I wish you well.

I live in a rural area. I guess I'm just getting old and cantankerous or maybe I'm just old enough to know exactly what I want, but I just don't want to deal with any woo bull crap. I want some one who is well grounded in reality that makes choices based on facts. Looks like that indeed may be too much to ask.

Good for you. I hope someone comes along. I always like to read fellow atheists who say, no religion, no spiritual mumbo-jumbo, no woo woo; none of it thank you. Best of luck.

Yep - this even though there are way more (openly) atheist men than women.

Living in San Fran, you should have tons of non-believing men to choose from, unlike us folks here in flyover land. The stats are definitely on your side in that locale.......

In every ton of non-believing San Fran men, at least half a ton are gay.

@yvilletom True, but it still leaves her with better stats to work with than me here in Des Moines around all the believing, family-oriented, traditional farmer's daughters in Iowa........

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:386451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.