Ideally, should religious people be:

• 2 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 21 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 113 votes
skado 9 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mandatory treatment for their delusional beliefs and behavior, the treatment starts by having them pass around live rattlesnakes to see if they really think their god is watching over them and offering 'divine' protection, survivors get to move on to the next level of treatment.

Taxed, they should be taxed!

Quiet!

They should be in the kitchen, naked and/or pregnant.

good one!

Why the bad choices? Compulsory religion should be banned. Parents, peers, etc. should NOT insult people for not believing or following religion. Anything that promotes such a mechanism should be vacated, banned, etc. whatever. Get rid of social tyrannies, period.

For idiots that might disagree, insults might also mean anything that hurts anything pertaining to a person.

Like really? Only one plausible answer for a non-religious person. Perhaps they would have agnostics or atheists burned at the stake? hahaha

Practice one's belief in peace & in private.

Laughed at

None of the above? Understood. Gets my vote.

Most religious folks are better people than the left wing nut jobs like AOC or a host of others in today’s democrat party so I definitely think they should be guaranteed equal rights.

AOC comes into this discussion how? Oh, yeah, the bee in your bonnet.......yawn........

@AnneWimsey You again?

@altschmerz Her policies would wreck the US economy and aren’t even practical. Not to mention that she would put me out of business as she wants to do away with the farting cows.

@altschmerz If we’re going to address our carbon footprint we need to address the number one problem which is overpopulation. We could start by securing the border.

@altschmerz The draconian measures purposed by people like AOC will only make things a whole lot worse.

None of those options are the right way to deal with someone with a mental illness. The best on the list we can offer is equality.

@powder.. Your response is very ugly and offensive. You are not welcome to comment on my writing.

They should be treated like others with extreme and unprovable opinions.

I would prefer they be silent.. however, I do believe in equal rights.

4 bad choices, 1 good choice
Hmmm, I wonder which one the majority will choose?

Exactly 😂 Here kitty kitty kitty .... 👏👏👏

why is it up to us what to do with religious people? are they our prisoners? what a ridiculous poll. i won't vote in it. it's offensive.

g

You are blaming the victims. Ask me this question about religious "leaders." And the answer is depends, and the first one is a viable option for some.

But followers? Why punish the victims? They should be gently be educated.

How about..."IGNORED" by intelligent folks and by the Gov't.

After so many centuries maybe it's their turn!
Just kidding, wouldn't deny equal rights. However, would strongly support a mechanism which doesn't allow religions to freely promote violence, hate and swindling.

Something simplistic to start off: Every person attending a religious institution needs to have their name registered and every donation they make as well and the same would apply to every institution that accepts donations and does not contribute in form of taxes to the state. In case such a person ever files for bankruptcy or unemployment allowances or any state assistance, the donation made to the religious institution would be first returned to the person (as an act of faith, you can quote me on this😂) before the state spends a dime on them.

Of course this would require the religious institutions to be regulated which is a distant dream.

Seen and not heard

I think religion should be treated like a mental illness. You can call it a mandatory part of accredited primary education, but children should be taught from a young age to apply critical thinking principles to any philosophy being presented. Anything otherwise is tantamount to child abuse.

Respectful of others. So often that is not the case. Loving towards others. So very often that is not the case.

They already HAVE enjoyed far greater rights throughout the centuries than were ever afforded to we, the Non-believers of this world BUT they do NOT deserve to be persecuted, etc, and neither do we, ergo, in my opinion, you 'poll questions/solutions,' etc, are NULL and Void hence I refrain from voting on them.

I do agree with equal rights, or we’ll be just like them. Trying to force crap down our throats.

I'd say educated and guaranteed equal rights... not sure what you meant by forcibly? As in religious cults that insist on home schooling their kids? And the state sending them to public or private schools? 😕

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:414515
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.