Agnostic.com

24 0

Politics Question. How will you vote...and WHY?

A recent pollster stated that elections are decided based NOT on who people vote FOR, rather it is decided based on who they vote AGAINST.

For instance, many Democrats have said they will vote AGAINST Trump no matter who the Democratic candidate is in the upcoming election.

Do you agree?

Please be honest and select the best choice among the eight selections below.

• 4 votes
  • 22 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 1 vote
  • 20 votes
Alw314 5 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm an Independent. I'm not particularly enamored of any of the democrats.
However, I will vote for whomever gets the nomination.
45 must be removed, by whatever means necessary.

At this point, ALL the republicans must be removed.
They have zero integrity, in light of how many of them are still supporting 45.
I honestly don't think the democrats are all that much better, but they're better
than 45 and the republicans.

Jeez, we need more choices. The two-party system has failed miserably.

I've known since teen years that the two party system sucked. Couldn't change it then and doubtful any time in my lifetime. Even my teenage hero Tom Hayden, of the SDS, became a Democratic representative. My SDS support got me "talked" to by NCIS when I joined the Navy. Still got a TS clearance.

I will vote for my favorite (Democrat) in the primary election (whether or not I think they can beat Trump).....if my favorite does not get the nomination, I will vote for whomever does (as I did in the last Presidential election). I would NEVER vote Trump.

Thanks Lizbeth! Just what I was looking for. Hope all who respond are as honest as you are!
Big Al

Same. I think of it as voting for the better choice. I will vote who I believe reflects what I consider to be the best policy, in the primary and in the election. I know that no matter WHO the democratic candidate is, she or he will be far better than Trump. So it's no brainer.

I have voted for the third party candidates in the past, when I believe that policy positions of the dem candidate and repug candidate weren't all that far apart. Here, it is pretty far apart, and it makes no rational sense in this election (or the last one) to vote for a third party candidate.

@AtheistReader Agreed - I have also voted 3rd candidate in the past - not this time though...

I will vote for the Democrat.

For people who don't like Trump and don't want him re-elected but also say they will only vote for a certain Democrat and not another, you're the reason Trump got elected in 2016 and you will be the reason he will be re-elected in 2020. Conservatives and Republicans WILL vote for Trump. You can't be against Trump's re-election but then hand it to him on a silver platter. If you don't want him re-elected, then voting for the Democrat's presidential candidate is the only way to do that.

Absolutely true........sit home, get 4 more years.......

@AnneWimsey Agree, but this "country" does not have four more years if tRuMp wins again. The USA as we knew it will cease to exist.

Remember,if you do not vote, you ARE voting for trump!

Prevent unwanted presidencies

Annie -

Thanks! Got it.

I think you are sooo right!

Wild horses couldn't keep me away from the polls this time@!!!
If I can breath, I will vote!

Big Al

#NotTrump is all I care about at this juncture, hopefully someone who sees the existential threat climate shift poses.

ANYBODY would make a better president than tRump! Whoever wins the Democratic primary will have my vote.

I'm a card carrying Libertarian but never vote for or with them. This is because I am a progressive these days I will vote for anyone who can get us out of this current Fascist regime. Libertarians bought into the GOP and made this current nightmare possible. I'm for anyone who can get us out. Trump needs to leave by any means possible and as soon as possible.

I would imagine that if this happens the person elected will have enough supporters to have a majority in both the House and the Senate. I would not vote for Trump even if somebody paid me. BTW, I did not take your quiz. Are you mining for information?

I’m voting for whoever wins the DNC nomination. I hope this country can elect intelligent, compassionate representatives at all levels of government

CS60 Level 7 Feb 14, 2020

I love an optimist 😀

i have already voted. i voted for warren. i will vote for whatever democrat wins the nomination, not only because trump is a monster and all the damage he has done needs to begin to be reversed, but because i prefer the democratic platform to the republican one. i prefer warren because i like her personally and i like her stands on all the issues, and her plans for dealing with those issues. but you know, the president isn't the only position for which to vote this year. in the general i will vote blue up and down the ticket for the abovestated and other obvious reasons.

g

Warren 2020. 🙂

That is the only way this country will be reversed. Thank you.

@starwatcher-al well... having voted for warren and sincerely liking her best -- and sincerely liking her, period -- i am fairly sure your "that" refers to the vote blue no matter who part, and yep, you are right , but i want to make sure no one misreads this that i (or you) think warren herself is the only way. i think she is the best way. but any democrat, even a democrat we don't like, except tulsi gabbard who 1. is pretending and 2. isn't winning so don't worry, not only can beat trump if we rally behind her/him, but will also be a HELL of a lot better than trump, and it's not a matter of degree. it's actually a matter of character. it's not that any democrat would be less evil. it's that no democrat would be evil. we might disagree with a policy or an action or a word but there isn't a democrat on the ballot who would appoint criminals and/or incompetents to every cabinet position, with emphasis on those who have sworn to destroy their respective departments; use the doj as her/his own personal law firm and revenge machine; keep kids (or anyone) in concentration camps; alienate allies and suck up to dictators; be a puppet for a foreign adversary/enemy; have an iq lower than her/his presidential number and an ethical sense below that, if only there was a number to rank such a thing; lies not just by bending the truth for political gain or even by accident but because lying is the only thing s/he knows how to do; rob the poor to give to the rich; deliberately keep people sick, poor, uneducated and even brainwashed; do i have to go on? the list is potentially so long! NOT ONE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE WOULD DO THAT and every single one of them would try to reverse what has been done. i'm riffing here; i am not implying that you meant otherwise. your response just reminded me that some people say "only bernie can do it" or "only biden can do it" or "mike will get it done" lol and i want to remind everyone who reads us both that there is no one person who is the only one who can fix it. that's what trump said: "only i can fix it." that's cult talk. no candidate is saying it. only the supporters, in their enthusiasm, are saying it. we should stop. right? 🙂)

g

Lifelong Democrat, environmentalist and peace activist.

Trump is a danger to the basic philosophy of our government in relation to the people of the nation. His ignorance of how our government is supposed to work coupled with his gross, unrestrained greed, inability to be truthful, and malignant narcissism causes him to act in his own self interest at the expense of anyone and everyone else. Trump has a very long history of lawlessness to satisfy his greed which has included bribery, fraud, tax fraud, and bringing in illegal immigrants to perform work on tourist Visas and instructed these workers to lie to authorities if asked about their status. Trump has connections with all sorts of nefatious characters around the world including the Russian mob and is suspscted of laundering money for corrupt international leaders attempting to legitimize money embezzled out of their countries of origin. Accumulating money and wealth is Trump's primary and perhaps sole concern which causes him to be incapable of being a civil servant who considers the welfare and benefit of all Americans.

Ordinarily, I would prefer to answer this poll differently, but Trump poses such an extreme threat to our nation that removing him from office is a primary concern. So far, none of the Democratic candidates show anything remotely close to the defective character and atrocious behavior of Trump. Any of them would make a better President than our current poor excuse for a human being President.

Agnostics.com is probably not an accurate cross section of the American public. They're more likely to be critical thinkers and better educated.

As an interested but non-american, I am more interested in who you think will win.

I'm split between Liz and Bernie, but I have stepped in things, eaten things, excreted things and left things in handkerchiefs that would be better than Little Lord Cheetodick.

Trump....
Better than any of the Democrat candidates.

You are out of your mind -- just like Trump.

@K9Kohle789 If you want to talk about brains, I have an IQ of 145, a graduate degree, substantial graduate work in political science and American intellectual history, and a successful professional career. Anyone who supports Trump does so out of ignorance, bigotry, and/or greed.

@wordywalt
I'd never deny that Walt. 😆
Could our views simply be based on different life experiences? Regardless, let's all make sure we take the time to vote! 👌

@bigpawbullets I grew up in a conservative and religious family in the bible belt deep south, and was a moderate conservative until I served in the US Army in West Berlin, and then, after teaching at the high school level for 4 years, went to graduate school on the GI Bill and a summer check from teaching.Both Berlin and graduate school changed my life. Those experiences enabled me to overcome the cultural racism and ignorance in which I was raised. I grew because I knew that I needed to.

@wordywalt
Sounds like a life well lived Walt!

@maturin1919
Ha. I'll admit that I always vote for the candidate who'll provide the most entertainment. I got my money's worth last time. 👌😎

@bigpawbullets People vote for different reasons. My father in law, now deceased, was a betting man and simply voted for the guy who he thought would win. What's your reason for voting for Trump?

@MsDemeanour
See my above responses.

You need to finish the text of your first poll option. Looks like it got cut off when you were typing it. "If my candidate is NOT selected in the primary..........."? What was supposed to follow that?

Tom -

I tried to fix it, but there is a character limitation to these things!
I wanted to say, that IF my candidate(s) is/are NOT selected, I won't vote for an alt Democrat.
This was the voting "FOR Somebody" as opposed to voting AGAINST Somebody.

But if you look at the Poll Results here, you will see that MOST people, by a wide margin, will vote AGAINST Trump.... It almost doesn't matter who the Dem Candidate is. Apparently, we Ags and Aths are largely ANTI Trump... and not surprisingly, about half of those are Independents!

I know the sample is small... but it sure fits the bill about what I believe about non-religious people. We think Independently, that is, we don't let anyone else tell us what to think! In my book, this makes us smarter than the general public. Why? Because we have our brain in tact!

Big Al

I'm leaning Bernie in the primary, but, if I'm being presumptuous excuse me, DON'T be a Bernie or no one like last time and allow the orange turd to win.

Vote your heart in the primary, and be pragmatic in the election.

You have to be a Democrat or republican in PA to vote in the primary, otherwise I would register non-partisan.

I will vote against Bernie and encourage everybody who comes across my path to do so. We must keep crazy people away and out from and of our Democratic Party.

You are a trump-loving troll. Period

@AnneWimsey Trying to save the Democratic Party is being a Trump troll?

@St-Sinner becuz Any party, in and of itself, is more important than the ideals & ideas it proposes???!!! WTF is wrong with you?

Make no mistake about this. Voting for Bernie is re-electing Trump.

We Democrats will lose all moderate, independent and core Democrat votes and easily facilitate rallying of conservatives to unite around Trump.

Bernie's loss will reverberate for decades to come and these things will happen...

1. Lessons will be taught in graduate schools on what not to do in presidential elections
  2. Democrats will be embarrassed to walk in streets or be called Democrats
  3. The backlash from Conservatives, capitalists and core Democrats will win more Republican seats in the Senate and House and also in state houses
  4. There will be a blackout for Democrats in Washington for at least next 4 terms
  5. Anti abortion, religion in politics, gender based bathrooms, Ten Commandments monuments in courts and government offices, Christian prayers and Bible studies in schools, U.S. funding for Christianity in the U.S. and around the world, strict voter ID laws, restricted civil rights and increased hatred and racial hate crimes against minorities and immigrants will be a norm and stay here for the next 2 generations at the least
  6. After the second Trump term, your grand children will go to Trump schools, Trump universities, drive on Trump highways, land and take off from Trump national and international airports, will get a day off on Trump's day from schools and work
  7. Fortunately, the good product of this agony will be that the Democratic Party will ban outsiders and especially extremists like Bernie from hijacking and running for president on the Democratic Party platform.

Make no mistake about it. Don't bring this mayhem upon you and the rest. You do not realize the gravity of the suicide mission with Bernie. Collect yourself and save the Democratic Party.

I will vote for any of the Dem candidates if they are the nominee, with the exception of Bloomberg. I will not be forced to choose between two Repubs who are practically the same, with Bloomberg being a somewhat better behaved version of Trump. People need to realize we still need to have some standards in who deserves our vote....

We have mail in voting here so there is no excuse. The ballot comes to your door, you fill it out and put it in the mail (or a special drop box).

Absentee, because I'm lazy.

#BernieOrVest

Haven't voted in the poll, as the questions are leading.
I will vote in the general election and it will be based upon the candidates, not their political affiliation.
That said I'm not disposed towards Trump, as he has a fragile ego and lies all the time. However it really does depend on the democratic candidate, given the choice between 2 people that I don't agree with, I might just spoil my vote or find another way to register my displeasure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:459947
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.