Agnostic.com

27 10

LINK Orthodox Israeli Rabbi Claims Coronavirus is God’s Revenge for Gay Pride Parades | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This is a kind of confirmation bias. To interpret events in a way that confirms the ideas you already hold no matte what the actual facts are. Just add in a little willful ignorance and there you go.

snytiger6 9 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

An idiot is an idiot no matter the religion.

A-fucking-men!

First is was earthquakes then hurricanes.
So what was god so angry about when he sent the Spainish influenza in the early 1900’s or the Black Death during the 1300’s?

Rhetorical question...

This is as bad as the rumor Evangelicals want to pray away the coronavirus except they are also praying their enemies and certain others get it. WTF?

They make up their logic by what god tells them! Lol

These sham claims by religious leaders is just their way of maintaining job security.

It's just hate mongering for the sake of creating division. Certain religions thrive on creating division.

Just another of the many jackasses who happen to have platforms from which to spew bull shit!

I would not call it bull shit. I would call it hate speech.

@anglophone Well, then, let us say that it qualifies for both.

A perfect example of a brainwashed religious lunatic.

Religious people can be so idiotic! 😂

True , but many of them believe that BS and some will direct their ignorant ways on to those they believe are the infidels .

Was hat a pile of 💩💩💩 did none of these Representatives ever take a civics glass

If they had, they disagreed with it...that is the funny part!

But why wait so long? The parades have been around for years.

This is all part of god's plan, the rise of gay pride!, the arrival of the coronavirus!, just sit back and enjoy the ride, do not exit the ride until it comes to a complete stop. It's just more ignorance to me.

When reading a news article or any essay on the topic of religion, the term 'orthodox' should be seen by all as a rather unique and troubling qualifier. No matter the religion, orthodoxy is all-too-close to chauvinism, autocracy and fascism. In nearly every context, the more orthodox a religious person is, the more others have to fear.

At least they didn't know about viruses in the dark ages. What's their excuse now?

MrDMC Level 7 Mar 9, 2020

That rabbi was given his non-existent brain by his non-existent god.

Let me guess. God told him this, right? Give me a break!

I'll play. IMO, coronavirus is the Flying Spaghetti monster's revenge for orthodox rabbis.

An example of the fact that ALL fundamentalistic religions are harshly judgmental, prejudicial, hurtful, and dangerous.

God has the worst aim of any deity I’ve ever seen.

Is this specific enough: He's an idiot and a screwball!

It just may be that we have a lot more narrow minded people than we care to admit to! If we can’t convince them to show regard...we have no need to make friends, either! Apparently people can ‘live’ in their ignorance without any help on my part and I will live in peace.

It's a common enough claim among conservative religious believer apparently of all faiths. The problem for them is that gays will not be the only people to contract the virus and those who are less diligent - like not believing they need to wash their hand like others - will be particularly vulnerable to contracting the disease. I suppose it will make believer angry at gay peple if these zealots lose loved ones to the virus if they truly believe this is the cause. It's mental abuse to try to have anyone believe this kind of nonsense.

Horrible ideas, wonderful people die daily, along with not so wonderful ones. All part of the contract that no one signed 😉 constant hate isn’t healthy, I hope one day he gets better.

morons on any religion

Weird. Jews usually mind their own business more or less. But a fundie is a fundie. .

g

Indeed ... orthodoxy is orthodoxy!

So much for 'the man who is sinning, he himself will die' - Ezekiel 18:20. These assholes would be out of business if they read the damn book.

I'm not surprised, whatsoever. It's sad that people will justify their intolerance, bigotry and hate by justifying it. But then again, these people still follow cavemen ideals.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:468467
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.