Agnostic.com

60 17

Any body feeling more tolerant or less tolerant of religion after the last 6 months?

LucasfromGR 6 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

60 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

LOL, looks to me like he's practicing hold his breath while he waits for the rapture to come.
OR, some Preacher has dropped the keys to his private Jet....LOL.

Less tolerant every year that goes by. I didn't need covid to know how bad it could be. Sure did sting to see it though.

I am less tolerant of so many things. I believe there are things that don’t deserve tolerance and for the most part, religion isn’t one of them.

I think less. The current world craziness has brought out even more dissonance and severely unloving stuff from the "faithful".

I think tolerance of religious belief - and religious nonbelief - is such a fundamental principle of a secular, enlightened and progressive society. And with that being said, we must resist all efforts to create a theocracy. I can think of few things that are more dangerous than state religion -especially when it's being pushed by a phony "christian" like Trump. The whole evengelical right movement is a threat to our freedom, intelligence, safety and so on. But as long as they keep it to themselves, then tolerance is of paramount importance. Because it works in both directions.

I grow less tolerant with each passing day. Much as religion says it helps people and brings them morality and peace, the constant spewing of vile hatred really turns me off. The sooner these feeble myths stop interfering in people's lives the better.

Neither, though my attention has been caught by religious people who wrap their lethal irresponsibility in their faith, as well as those who are motivated by their faith to act responsibly in terms of health and justice, even if their ideas don’t impress me.

That depends on which religion and which country.
I have to say that here in the UK they have been great. There have been no complaints about closing churches or even for that matter mosques. Not only that but hey have rolled their leaves up and gotten stuck in with food banks and organising volunteers to shop for the most vulnerable. In consequence, they have earned nothing but my admiration and respect.
Then we have the evangelicals over in the US. Defying lockdown, questioning the science, screaming blue murder about persecution and rights when all that has been asked of them (note asked not told) is to behave in a caring/responsible manner. Whilst all the while the death toll climbs like the numbers on a pinball machine.
I got into it with one on FB last week. Her first response was "This is a virus made in China, not the church"., So I said "What difference does that make? (After posting a link that disproves the man-made thing) It'll still get you and don't you think you should be more like the good samaritan?" Her reply was that I should find Jesus or I'm going to hell. So I said "What is hell? Being in agony till the end of your existence? A bit like lying on your front with a tube stuck down your throat, praying for death to take you. And you would risk doing that to your fellow parishioners. How can a good Christian do that?" All she could say was "Its all fake news" So I lost it a bit and dared her to tell that to that to 3 of my friends on FB. One had just lost her mom, another half his hand and a 3rd had just got her mom back after 2 months in hospital. I called her a disgrace to her religion and country.

My feelings have not changed I could care less . Most of my friends and relatives believe in some sort of religion and it does not effect me in any way because I could not care less what they believe in .

I agree.

That's a tough question. And it hits a gray area of morality for me.

On one hand I dislike religion more for putting peoples lives in danger. On the other hand, the majority of those people are the same ones that are using their collective power to hurt by removing rights and funding of underrepresented people and support hateful laws because of their religion...well maybe, pastor? And these are the same people that refuse to wear masks or social distance. I fear they believe God will protect them, except for those who arent true believers or don't pay up...

...and now they may be "taken out of the equation" by their own religion?

I don't wish these terrible people any harm. I wish they would somehow come to their senses instead. But if they intend to keep being terrible human beings and their religions demands they congregate in person... maybe I should tolerate religion a little more?

Nah screw it. No one deserves to die because they got infected with a mind virus that makes them a horrible human being. Everyone deserve to be saved from the mental illness of religion. Dont hate the ill, hate the illness.

I guess "less toletance for religion" for me especially if it makes its followers be horrible humans and do stupid self-harming acts like congregate during a pandemic.

My life started to unravel in 2019. By 2020 in the span of 3 months I was divorced, out of work, and isolated in a small apartment far from any family. Large social, philosophical fights have been a be more than I can handle right now.

Much less tolerant over the last 3+yrs

Pretty ambivalent to be honest!

Is that a plumber? Lol. Shouldn't you shut off the water and then that way you can see where the pipe burst?

Far, far less.

I guess I have always been intolerant. The more that I learn the less tolerant that I am. There is a massive economic engine in the churches and it isn't just one church. Almost all church activities have a basis in income for the church including membership. For instance take the relationship between medical care, abortion, adoption, and the church's income.

When my aunt was raped by a minister in 55, the church helped my 's large family. When my aunt ended up pregnant, the church demanded all the family's savings in exchange for not having a sermon on what a slut that my aunt was. There grab did not end there. I eventually got found by my cousin. Her adoptive parents where charged the equivalent of 2 luxury cars or a nice house back then (to prove that they were worthy). People don't go to church as much now as they used to. But, having a religious who would panic and go to priest or minister gave them a heads up to hound the pregnant woman into giving the baby up for adoption (and profit for the church). There is always a reason the cannot be shared with the . For a church that has medical facilities, they also get a heads up from the medical (not supposed to).

And now, US churches were just given $3.5 billion in Covid aid.

Less

Less tolerant overall. They perpetuate ignorance, defy science and common sense. Those that insist on holding services are out for $$ and not parishioners well being. And then then there are those that expose their kids deliberately to the virus just to use the Rumps pillls on their kid, now their child is dead and they say it's gods will

Nah, still the same.

Grrrrr,,,,,,,,,grrrr,,,,,,,GRRRRRR!!!

Neither.

Less tolerant. Just this morning I saw a commercial, with one televangelist, who started talking about the Black Lives Matter movement, then switched to how we are sinners, and asked folks to pray! I was doubly sickened, first because religion was being foisted upon me, and for him using BLM, to do it!

Less tolerant for religious ideas. However, am feeling more compassion, for the poor people who are manipulated by it. I genuinely feel sorry for them 😟

Mvtt Level 7 July 8, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513549
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.