Agnostic.com

41 13

I just noticed a member by the name @praytothemilkjug. great name. it made me think how I don't pray to the milk jug but I will drink directly from it. it's all mine. it's not a shared jug of milk. and I got to thinking how sad it was that I don't share my milk....lol. then I was wondering about sharing milk and what that indicates about relationship status. and I begin to wonder about drinking from The Jug etiquette. so I wanted to ask a few questions.

milk stuff.

• 29 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 1 vote
hankster 9 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I voted "I don't drink milk".

You have a very good point, but cow's milk is very tasty anyway.;

I dislike animal milk. I use almond milk or cashew milk, mostly for my green smoothy breakfast. 🙂

I tried almond milk ...barf

@whiskywoman I like it. 🙂

Are these non-animal milks? I like them but they are really expensive.

@Grecio I use soya milk in a fruit smoothy every day for breakfast and I don't think it is any more expensive than cow's milk

I use cashew milk. I like almond milk but I’m allergic to it and I don’t tolerate soy milk well. I make my own oat milk and brown rice milk. I don’t drink or use dairy milk because I’m lactose intolerant and not a baby cow.

@Grecio Yes. Almond milk and cashew milk are generally just nut milk. You may want to read the ingredients, just in case....

@MissKathleen yuck

@MissKathleen Yes! Cashew milk ice cream is great!

@Moravian Do you purchase a quart or a gallon?

@graceylou What the hell is Oak milk and brown rice milk? Are you kidding me? Please send me a recipe.

What is wrong with animal milk? really?

@Grecio I buy it in 1 litre cartons from either Aldi or Lidle

@Grecio Oat milk. Not oak milk. You can buy oat milk. It’s probably the most nutritious, versatile, and sustainable of all the plant milks. I make my own by soaking rolled oats for minimum 15 minutes then putting it in the blender, adding water (some type of sweetener if preferred, or vanilla, etc.), then straining it several times to remove pulp (saved for other things). Add about 4 cups of water for 1 cup of oats (less if you want thicker, more if you want runnier). I cook brown rice as usual then put in the blender and add water, etc. and blend until smooth. I don’t strain it because I like the pulp. You can do the same with cashews but raw cashews are expensive.

@graceylou Are you making that up and teasing me? making milk out of oatmeal?

@graceylou Is almond milk made out of almonds?

@Grecio You are just too weird to talk to. Of course almond milk is made of almonds. Coconut milk is made of coconuts. Cashew milk is made of cashews. Hazelnut milk is made of hazelnut. Hemp milk is made of hemp. Oat milk is made of oats. Rice milk is made of rice. Soy milk is made of soy. Macadamia milk is made of macadamia nuts. What did you think they’re made of?!?!?! There are many options for non-dairy non-animal milks that if you don’t like one kind you can try another.

I eat dairy products but I never drink milk.

barjoe Level 9 July 21, 2020

What is wrong with cow's milk? I6t is good for you.

@Grecio I take my coffee black. I don't eat cereal. Even if I buy just a quart, it goes sour before I finish it. I buy heavy cream which I use. I eat cheese. I don't drink milk. Maybe once in a while I'll chug down a Yoo-Hoo if that counts.

The reason I don't drink milk directly from the jug is that it will introduce bacteria and will cause it to spoil faster. I suppose if one goes through it fast enough this won't be an issue; but, although I do drink it straight sometimes, I use it mostly for making my daily mocha latte.

Oh, and..."pet dish?"

Joanne Level 7 July 21, 2020

Uh?

Petrie dish, a laboratory container to grow bacteria in.

@Grecio I guess this is what the jug becomes if one drinks straight from it.

@Joanne hahahaahah well said. funny

That's funny.
I do not drink from the jug, I actually think the opening always have a sour smell.
But I love milk! My son and I go through 2 gallons a week. 😄

my son in law and I go through five min sometimes more

You are right about the sour milk smell.

You are right about the sour smell, of course.

I don’t drink milk but wouldn’t drink from the jug, mainly because I’m accident prone and would most likely spill it all over myself

hmmm... what I'm hearing is that in your heart of hearts you would like to take a big Swig every now and then, but because of this coordination issue you refrain.

When the jug is first opened and it is really full is when I spill the most. Also, the milk will run down my chin. However, once the first few gulps are gone I don't seem to spill much.

I generally don't drink milk, and only have milk at home if the grands are coming over. I asked one of the adult kids to bring a quart of milk to a family dinner, she brought a half gallon. The grands drank about a cup total. So I made ricotta and I have another 3 cups of whey to use up. I eat oatmeal almost every morning, but haven't put milk in it in ages. Drinking from the jug is kinda gross, the back wash can put all sorts of germs into the milk, and cause the milk to go bad faster. Even if I was in a relationship, don't drink from the jug.

I usually try to be really careful to avoid letting backwash back into the jug, but sometimes it just gets away from me.

The old style can openers which punch a hole in the top of a beer can were referred to as "church keys" in aussie, so I suppose it is obvious what most of us worshipped.

I have heard of church keys in the USA. I do not know how they got that nickname. I used to work for a company that made beer can lids. It is not that easy. Do you remember "pull-tabs"?

@Grecio Did you work for steel or Aluminum mill?

We sometimes called them Church Keys as well here in NYC.

@praytothemilkjug I did. I used to work for a company that made "pull tabs". later we made the ecological "pop tabs".

I do not drink milk, and haven't since my early teens. That's 50+ years now.

I am lactose intolerant and only use Lactaid milk for cereal. I do keep a water jug in the refrigerator and have always been outraged when people drank from the water jug. My father was one of the worst so I got him a green water jug when I was home. One day I walked into the kitchen and he had his hand on the green water jug but when he saw me he grabbed the other one. My yelling returned his hand to the green water jug. I only drink after people I kiss on the mouth.

if it's all yours go for it. If it's not, ask for permission from the remaining partners

lerlo Level 8 July 21, 2020

NOooooo! Blasphmer! Its the Orange Juice! I pray to no other JUG!

just don't concentrate too much.

@hankster I have to. You need to see the two jugs together.

@PondartIncbendog nice. kind of like one of those creamsicle things. LOL... I think they were called "push-ups" off the ice cream truck. once you got the top off they were wonderful.

Ok if we are talking praying to a worship, I gotta go with Kentucky Bourbon in the gallon sized jug!

I will only drink from the jug when its the middle of the night and ive got acid reflux

redhog Level 7 July 21, 2020

I hate that feeling. good luck.

@hankster eh symptom of loving cayenne pepper.

@redhog oooo.... I know that one. are you a pill taker or you refuse all that stuff.

I understand, and that is acceptable. It is an emergency, of course.

I been there.

@hankster no I also take prescription omeprazole but sometimes its just not strong enough lol

Yea, sometimes your just in a hurry or your tired and sleepy. Just try to keep the backwash to a minimum.

@Grecio backwash doesn't matter I live alone lol

@redhog Try drinking beer.

Any back wash starts a=n enzymatic process that kills it, I think it starts Yogurtization!

I had a rep at a well known pudding company asked me if I used a spoon and double dipped, (my Kosy Shack pudding suddenly broke overnight). I assured her no, but why. She explained the mouth enzymes in back wash,(or just a tiny bit on a spoon) will ruin a tub in the fridge.

Ever since then, (well that and being kid conscious), I no longer swig and run, unless I am drinking all of it.

After all an open Jug of Promised land full fat Chocolate Milk is an Empty Jug of Chocolate Milk.

That stuff is as good as mine.... I admit to on occasion using whole milk, plus real Half and Half, and is always always always dark brown. Needless to say the kids always asked Dad to make it !! Mom followed the instructions, dad followed the color chart.

chocolate milk is a tasty and cherished thing. especially good with chocolate chip pancakes.

@hankster I love chocolate milk. My mom used to take some unflavored chocolate and put a little hot water with it and fill it up with warm milk. Man, I loved it.

@Grecio sounds yummy. we just used that "Quik" stuff... Magic chocolate milk dust. we thought it was great. had a bunny rabbit on the can if I remember right.

@hankster Yep. Its made from dehydrated bunnys.

@PondartIncbendog Dehydrated chocolate easter bunnies.

I love easter and christmas, it leads to overproduction of certain sweets , that I scoup up at very reasonable prices after the hol y/i day.

As kids we only had coconut marshmallows AFTER Passover. They are aimed at observant jews, who don't buy it all up, then we superchristians swoop in for the candy carnage. As it is usually close to Easter it is a good time for heathens like me to stock up!

I drink from the jug unless I have my frosty mug in the freezer. If I had a significant other, I wouldn't mind them drinking from the jug, too. I mean, a little unseen backwash is the least of the body fluids you'd be 'sharing'. No big thing in my book.

Well said. Like I told my wife if she wants to run around on me, that is fine just don't tell me.

Well said.

Sometimes I let my glass of milk sit until it is room temperature. I like it tepid.

I don’t usually drink from the jug unless it’s just a pint jug. particularly with milk. I have been known to do that with orange juice, but even then, not often. Mostly because it’s just easier, I think, to heft a glass than a whole jug.

skado Level 9 July 21, 2020

Well said, the only problem with milk is it gives you slimy milk in your mouth.

Hahahahahahaha, of course, you don't have to drink the whole jug. save some if you can,

Well, I only drink cow's juice in me coffee... so the category for me isn't there... 🤪

Cows juice, what is that exactly?

@Grecio, it's milk, of course. Just trying to be silly and get a laugh out of people.

@Paddypereira my dad called it "moo juice".

@AmyTheBruce, that's funny. I took this from the movie Three Men And A Baby and started using it for fun.

@Paddypereira Cool, I see. I didn't know if meant some kind of saliva or something. Of course, I am dumb anyway.

@Grecio, written language is very limited. A good joke can easily be misinterpreted or misunderstood. Screw it, nothing to worry about.

@Paddypereira I think I would drink human milk if I could buy it in a store. However, I don't think I could drink my wife's milk. I guess human milk might be good for me with all the antibodies, etc. I could drink it but don't tell me where it came from. Lot's of women could make some money to get through the pandemic. I wonder why I drink cow's milk every day but am scared to drink human milk? I mean, milk is milk, right?

@Grecio, that would be the healthiest option, if available, humanmilk. I heard that cow's milk was great for your health and that it wasn't. These days there are so many theories about nutrition that you don't know in which to believe in. Each animal produces milk with the appropriate nutrients for their cubs. I don't think drinking cow's milk or goat's milk could harm you but it's only my opinion.

mine is the last one ive done it all my life when it was me and just kids who cares but I did it to my granny and I do it now whenever I can

What are you writing about? I dunno?

I don't drink milk. but I cook with it. I also add cream to sauces

A post I read from a Nihilist stated: Things could actually be worse........Milk could have pulp in it.

you usually only get pulp if you don't wash the bucket first. The pulp is hard to get out because the pieces wiggle around. But, I don't go to church and I won't buy milk like that from a farm that.

hahahahaha toooooo funny.

@Fartwink What is that pulp? Is it wheat or corn, etc? It might be some kind of cream precipitate.

The Milk Jug answers prayers....

BDair Level 8 July 23, 2020

.....Yes, No, or Wait.

Milk from the source...

@BDair time to start an optical illusion war. Isn't that orange juice??

@BDair Well said.

i have drank milk my entire life but today I drink less of it. Still, I drink about 2 gallons a week.

Have you tried beer? I used to think beer is bad for you. Now I think it is good for you. It has grains and carbs. The alcohol decreases you blood pressure, and it has the good kind of cholesterol.

Hang on a minute here, when I first saw the "@praytothemilkjug" bit my, often odd, Outback Aussie sense of humour went straight to the numerous 'nicknames' we use to describe womens breasts and "Milk Jugs," "Bazoombas," "Fun Parcels," " Front of the Shoulders Boulders," etc, being just a few.
So who, in their right mind,would not offer up a prayer or 3 to those truly wonderful things?
As to drinking milk, well I prefer mine with a liberal infusion of Bickfords Iced Essence, a large spoonfull of Vanilla Ice Cream in a cold glass or heated in the 'mickey' wave' ( aka Microwave) with de-caffed Coffee for a warm, late night kind of nightcap.

lol... you're still thinking about Stacey. 🤞✌️

@hankster Perhaps, but old slang sayings still run deep through my mind though.
For example, we used to call Bra, "Over the Shoulder Boulderholders," "Flopper-Stoppers," Double-barreled Slingshots," " Crumb-catchers, " and last but by no means least, " Teenaged Boys worst Nightmares."

@Triphid yep many of those sound familiar. it's amazing how much slang breasts appreciation has created. an old pastime. breast appreciation has been around a long time, and quite popular.

@hankster Yep, breast are a TRULY wonderful thing to behold are they not?

@Triphid sure. to behold and just plain hold.

@hankster Hey, there are kids here!

@PondartIncbendog I think I'm sitting at their table. I feel like I belong there.

@hankster, @Triphid As Ricky Gervais said about Eve, "hey don't put those away, I wasn't done looking at them"

@PondartIncbendog Aw come on now, don't be a "Party Pooper," here friend, lighten up a little.
I'd take Odds on bets that any kids these days would know more about Boobs than we ever did at their age.

@Triphid We have at least two on the news every night.

@hankster As the very old joke goes,
Q. Why do men like breasts on women?
A. Because they give the guy a chance to pretend to be Windshield Wipers....LOL.

@Triphid Q; Why do men like breasts on women?
A; Because they look stupid on chickens.

@Triphid Q; Why do chickens not have nipples?
A; So they don't poke thru the package in the cooler.

Very interesting.. Got any more nicknames.. Cute..

@Triphid hahahahaah tooooo funny..

@Grecio Yeah, "Fun Bags," "Permanent Floatation Devices," "Knockers," " Mother Nature's Air-bags," "Headlights," "blimeys, (usual used for those XXX sized ones," "Jigglers."

@Triphid I wonder if the milk is good?

@Grecio Babies like it but I once tasted it and to me it's not so nice a taste.

@hankster I wonder if other animals adore breasts as humans do? Sex is an innate undertaking for animals, but humans can have sex almost anytime they want. However, I don't think other animals appreciate boobs as humans do.

@Triphid I have also heard "rack" Like a deer's rack, I think. Also "honkers"

After seeing all the posts on NON Milk, I feel I must add a comment. I understand why many people might want it, but I am a foodie, if you ever see Lenny Henry in the Bricome CHEF, that is me , kinda, and many of my friends from school. All those dairy substitutes are fine if you want them, but they are gross. They taste like watery off substitutions. And like Tofutti and Carob candy they absolutely taste nothing like the real deal. They are vile reproductions.

I do not need the reason why you use it, and if a person comes to my home I will get it for you, (unless it is abysmally expensive), when you leave you take it with you.

I have a friend who only drinks Coke, I only drink Pepsi. When we visit each other, ~ a 200 mile trip, we buy the other guys stuff, single serve bottles. Glasses are in freezers, and set on 5 degrees, fridge is on 34-38.

Upon arriving we get a frozen glass with ice and 38 degree soda. Cola perfection. On going home, you take it with you. Else it will just be there 3 years from now.

Again I cast no judgment on the why, but if you even think about telling me they taste the same, then I know you do not have the right buds. I was thanked by kids at teen "pasta Parties" b4 a big run for my Vegan/vegetarian Italian food, ( cheeses were there on the side, as well as sliced sausages for the salad and entree ). I made sure the spoons were never mixed up. I had a kid or two who avoided veggies tell me it was the only way they would ever like a vegetable.

Taste buds are a curse and a gift and may protect you from toxic things.

have you ever mixed up a glass of powdered milk? It keeps longer than liquid milk and doesn't taste as good but it will get through until you can get some regular milk.

@Grecio I will admit it makes do in some recipes, esp. white bread, other then that I won't drink it. Some Liquid skim mils are so fat free they taste just like the dry stuff. W/O real whole milk in coffee I drink tea. To quote Ray's father in EB Loves Raymng, upon putting skim in coffee, ' It doesn't recognize it"

that is exactly what I said to SWMBO way before that show.

But if it, or almond milk work for you, for any reason, go for it!

@praytothemilkjug Almond milk is too expensive. A half-gallon costs as much as a gallon of cow's milk. I really wonder why there is no market for human milk. Lot's of ladies could make money. Why do milk cows produce milk all the time? I mean, I guess they do. Do humans only produce milk after a baby? I would think human milk would be good for even an adult because it has antibodies in it. I would drink human milk if I knew it was good for me. Where can a person buy human milk? I guess canned milk for babies (infant formula) comes from cows. I dunno.
My son drank a formula that later on was declared unsafe and caused brain damage.
I drink 1% milk as an adult. I guess it is mostly water. However, it tastes like milk to me. Now, Regular milk tastes like butter. I guess it is whatever one gets used to.

@praytothemilkjug Raymond is a funny show. I agree with Raymond. Exactly what is " almond milk, and rice milk?" I am terrible with punctuation.

@Grecio I think it would gross out most people. For me slim milk is horrid, 1% is drinkable, but 4% (whole milk) is what is tastiest. Make chocolate milk with it and you are sure to please. a few shots of heavy cream make it better. And it has to be dark brown so lotsa syrup! MMMMMMMM

@praytothemilkjug What is "SWMBO" mean?

@praytothemilkjug You know what might be really good? A glass of human chocolate milk. You know, in South Georgia (USA), it is a joke that black mammies produce chocolate milk.
I honestly don't know know if that is true. However, I was reared by a black mammy. If it was true, I would have tried it. My black mammy was a sweet kind soul, and I cried when I found that she had passed away.

@Grecio she who must be obeyed

I bought a half gallon and drank it as my own portion directly from the jug, when I used to drink milk frequently.

Now I drink hemp seed milk, mixed with rice milk. Mixed together they taste and have a texture a lot like milk.

SCal Level 7 July 22, 2020

Where do you get some hemp seed milk? Do you have to make your own rice and hemp milk?

@Grecio I get both from Sprouts. Not sure if you have that where you are. Maybe Aldi?

@SCal Never heard of sprouts or Aldi? Do you mean Alibaba?

@Grecio Im on the west coast of the US. Try your local healthy food store or franchise farmers market type store.

@SCal OK, I will try, but I can't get my hopes up. This is the land of the Red Necks. No derogatory meant. Red Necks are basically good people. Better than Antifa.

I want to get some, but in my household, we drink a gallon of milk every two days. That almond milk etc. is expensive.

@SCal Sorry, both are too far from me, according to my Google search. They don't ship, I guess.

@Grecio Antifa is an idea, not a solid group. They are not like a religion, or Nazi Party. It is made up of like minded people who when they know a demonstration is going to be, they join it. They are not rock throwers. They have a film clip of white guys in a van/car, offering black student protestors bricks about 4 blocks from the intended center, It was recorded and they told the White Supremacists who offered to get the fuck out. They had reports of them dropping loads of bricks along the route.

NYPD is from when I got this info, I am related to a bunch of them.

Could there be assholes that join Antifa, sure, just like all Repugnicans are not shit heads.

All the southern "Press" was reporting horror stories, how do I know. Because the born again shitlets I know in North Carolina and Virginia had called us. We asked where they heard this nonsense and they referred to their Christian Leasders and TV stories. We did tell them there were some very bad scenes, and those involved were not looking for justice, they know beyond the shadow of a doubt they were very organized thieves who knowing what was coming started violence to make the cops ignore the looters, in lieu of greater protection. Now the cops understand and another attempt could work but they are going to knock down and drag in any looters they can find, to make the gang connections and remove them from the board. (jail, not grave)

But to keep with the spirit of the thread, if it did not come from a cow, it is not MILK/Cream. You can say it taste like milk, well It does not. I have never tasted an analog of milk that was ok, let alone taste good, they all are ok if you want them, but stop trying to con the milk drinkers. That is akin to preaching Jesus to the masses.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.