Agnostic.com

55 3

Did Mary have an affair?

Who all thinks that Mary had an affair and made up the whole god is my baby daddy story to avoid being put to death?

• 22 votes
  • 18 votes
snifflz 7 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not even convinced that Mary was an actual person.

She could only have an affair in the same sense that Olive Oil could have had an affair. ..... they have to exist to have an affair, right??

At first I thought you meant Mary Trump.

The entire biblical story of Mary, Joseph, and Jesus is made up out of that biblical book. How could you believe that any of it is real? When you believe the "affair story" you are just adding to the nonsense. When you justify the bible through apologetics you are likewise making it all up.

The real question should be, Did Eve have an affair???

Does that last one make god a Mother F#$%er? 😛

With whom?

Yes, assuming there really was a person named Mary. It could all be a work of fiction. 🙂

I think, that the no sex birth was made up after the fact, more liiely by the4 story writer, than Mary herself... if Mary and Joseph aren't just made up as well.

"Virgin" births were a common story theme in ancient times.

Originally "virgin" just referred to a young girl. Sexual activity, or th elack of it was a value attached to the word much later.

No evidence of Jesus, so a moot question in my opinion.

Whoever Jesus, Yeshua, was, his mother's husband was likely his father. The virgin birth story was fabricated at a later time when the Greek translation of "young woman" was translated into "virgin" and stories of this Jesus' birth were created to fit prophesies. And, virgin births were not rare. It was often claimed certain men of renown were born of virgins.

[smh.com.au].

Joanne Level 7 July 25, 2020

You mean you don't believe the "spunky water while having a wash in the river" hypothesis?

contemplate the etymology of the name "Mary" and it starts coming together i guess, but fwiw "the virgin" ("will be with child" ) back then meant "Athena," and "Jesus of Nazareth" equates to "John Doe from Nowhere" in rabbi-speak, prolly. Iow we are not meant to be Reading as literal history...i guess there is more in that vein here if you like, [biblicalhistoricalcontext.com] but imo do yourself a favor and don't show that to any believer/friends ok 🙂

Hey wow, thanks for the link, looks interesting.

Joseph was the father.

Jeez Louise, I didn't know they did Paternity Test way back in those days....LOL.

The "virgin birth" myth was created long after the deaths of Mary, Joseph and Jesus (assuming they existed at all). It was plagiarized from ancient mythology about other divinities.

Was there a Mary in the first place

Ask to the author.

For me, it depends on which Mary you are referring too and if it was an extramarital affair or simply an encounter with single Mary.

I'm more interested in what happened to the gold that the three wise men brought. I read that frankincense is good for arthritis and the teeth, but myrrh is basically useless. Gold now..........wtf happened to that? Jesus could've been getting around in a nice pair of Nikes or an Armani instead of those cheap robes and sandals. Definitely something dodgy went on. My money's on ol' Joe. If he took advantage of a 13 or 14 yr old girl, he'd have no scruples stealing his son's inheritance.

Wasn't she was about 13 or 14 years old? It is more likely she was raped.

What difference does it make?

Exactly why "no" to the question: no-one, except perhaps poor Joe, really would have cared. Another unwed mother! Oh gosh! Now lets get those sheep in before dark! 🙂

Women have been having affairs for millenia. Or ...

How did poor Joseph feel after Mary knew what it was like to have a God almighty fuck? Or ...

The First Council of Niceae needed a woman's name to perpetuate a particular myth. Or ...

King James' scribes needed a scapegoat. Or ...

Or ...

Or ...

Matthew 1:18 says Jesus was NOT the son of God (the god head)
"Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise:
When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph,
before they came together,
she was found with child of the "Holy Spirit"
I've asked several of my christian friends about this, and......they can't give a plausable answer.

Is not the Holy Spirit the same as God?

@AgnoBill I think they had different appendages! 🙂

@AgnoBill I think God sacrifice Himself to Himself to save us from Himself ...or something like that. All I know is god the father has the longest, whitest beard!

@Justme43 narf on the above, and i sure wouldnt be going to the blind (leading the blind) for any answers about the Bible 🙂
wouldnt the child of Spirit be spirit? I said "you are elohim" is Yah speaking about you, after all?

ok, so fwiw No son of man may die for another's sins, No one has ever gone up to heaven, these are in there too ok guys

@bbyrd009 Just one more and I swear I’ll stop. Jesus gave up less than one weekend out of ETERNITY!

@AgnoBill
Not all the time

@Klodzan OK I LIED! Just gotta go one more time. If god impregnated a human virgin, he had to have the “equipment”, penis and those other things. Is god circumcised and if so did he do it to himself or did someone do it for him? If so,WHO? If he’s not, then why did he command all the male Israelites to be so? I’m through now.

No. Mary had a lamb.

"Mary had a little sheep,
with that sheep she did sleep,
Mary's sheep it was a Ram,
Now, Mary is having a little lamb."

@Triphid I can't help myself! Reminds me of: Old Mother Hubbard, went to the cubbard, to get poor Rover a bone; Mother Hubbard bent over, and Rover to over; Cause Rover HAD A BONE OF HIS OWN! (forgive me jesus!)

@Justme43. I heard it as "when she bent over, Rover drove 'er, cuz Rover etc"

The Greatest Lie Ever Sold

Assuming she ever existed at all, there are only two ways to give birth, one is the usual way by sexual intercourse and the other is to give birth to your own fraternal twin absorbed in Utero and developed later at the onset of puberty.
The second option is incredibly rare, less so with identical twins, but not impossible.
Of course there is always the Erich von Däniken theory of artificial insemination by an ancient alien, for what that is worth.
However given that he existed, Jesus would not be the first "virgin Birth" to a mum claiming divine intervention rather than admit to premarital sex or even rape, especially when the punishment for a rapist at the time was to pay thirty shekels and then being forced to marry his victim.

Mary with the lamb?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517985
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.