Agnostic.com

23 12

Hello everybody, I hav'nt been on this site for awhile. I've been feeling like the whole world is crazy. I do not have very many friends that are as skeptical and well. not religious at all like me. It's hard being alone with my thoughts sometimes. Any advice?

Skeptical_Suzy 3 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, you came to the right place. There are plenty of people here who feel exactly like you.

Hey, you got us! I agree the world seems crazy but it always has been. Try to do the things that bring happiness.

The whole world IS crazy. Except us.

Learn some meditation methods. Basically it is merely concentrating on one thing for as long as is comfortable. Have some conversations here. Watch some TED talks or Youtube videos. Garden.

YouTube is your friend.

@jlynn37 But don't believe everything that is on there. Check those sources.

Do you play a musical instrument? Have a pet? I know it's hard to make friends as an adult, especially if you are skeptical and not religious. There are some crazy people out there, for sure, but maybe connect through a hobby.

Your amongst friends ( generally speaking) here. I certainly have the same feelings. In my experience, there are a lot of similar folks out there. They tend to be quieter and a little introverted, specially when they feel oppressed in society.
I often felt that atheists, humanists, seculars lack that social compact that religions leverage quite effectively. But more and more groups are popping up. Albeit, slowly and spotted coverage.
Guess I just used a lot of words to say you are not alone. 😉 happy to chat if it would help.

binge watch as many stand up rant comics as you can. stat.

Hello and welcome back. No shortage of sceptical people here.

What have you been doing for 57 years?

Accomplish as much as you can each day and help as many people as you can along the way and you won't have time to worry about things you can't control.

Welcome back and stop watching the news and remain in the world you're in.

Detox time...and we have COOKIES😁

Building on @xenoview's comment, Recovering from Religion's web site is at [recoveringfromreligion.org] .

Frankly, I have never been more depressed in my life. I am usually a political junky, but the news is off limits to me right now. I am having a lot of health issues and I am feeling completely alone. My daughter moved out of state a couple of years ago and seems to have forgotten my phone number (unless of course she needs money). And I have lost my job three years running. I just started a new job, but I think my health issues are going to destroy it and many people in my family have died the last couple of years: I believe I am next. . Right now the only person I can count on is my ex-husband and everything he does for me he does so grudgingly. I'm sorry, I know you did not bring this up to hear more depressing stuff. Just so you know you are not alone in your loneliness.

I need evidence for my hypothesis that the world’s craziness is caused by radiation from distant galaxies. Can anyone here help me with that? LOFL.

Don’t worry about your lack of religious beliefs. It’s unfortunate that there are so few of us but most religious people are a lot better people than the left wing liberal idiots like most of those who are on this website. Hell most of my friends are religious. I just don’t mention my lack of religious beliefs when I’m around my religious friends.

Coward. & stop calling me "idiot" just for tolerating you.

i admire this gutsy statement. too bad the issues are so complex and trump is such a cosmic asshole

@Mooolah ....coward! stop calling him coward.

Definitely agree with you when you say most religious individuals are much better than the left wing liberal moronic sheep on this website .

@holdenc98 I'm not a coward. I don't hide my atheism from anyone. He is in good company with the mad evangeloons who are Trumpanzeees as he is. And my IQ was 130 prior to my hospitalization. I am not an idiot. My values are different than his. But please. I realize I am wasting my time engaging anyone who resorts to immediate name calling without evidence of said insult. Coward he is. Needs his friends who are believers in fantasy as well as Trumpanzeees. Good bye.

I've been an Atheist for a long, long time. However I don't define my life in terms of being and Atheist.

You seem to define your life by lack of religion. My advice to you is get a life.

You have us and you will find out who are your true friends. Take good care of yourself. Living in the US is not easy with all those religious fanatics around.

Howdy and welcome back. I would recommend looking at both recovering from religion foundation and meet up to see if there is a group in your area.

don't trust anyone here over 30. or under 30 either.

Nope. All I can say is that I removed myself from that immediate environment and planted myself somewhere else. Seemed like the only choice really. Gave up friends, gave up family and struck out on my own. I can't speak for your situation; you will need to evaluate what anchors you where you are. We are each our own and should strive to be so.

You sound a lot like me. I find more evidence daily that most of the world is crazy. This is true to me because others usually do not have a clue what I am talking about. It follows that I have very few friends and one of them is trying to tell me how to use some insurance money. Do not blame me if I do not follow your advice. I also will not let you do my project. Go do your own project please.

Try contacting recovering from religion.

gotta share it seems.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623208
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.