Agnostic.com

10 15

LINK Christianity to lose majority status in US by 2070, per Pew model

(My thinking is, "What can we do to rach that point much faster." )

Projections indicate Christians could lose majority status in the United States by 2070, according to modeling released by the Pew Research Center.

The study modeled four hypothetical scenarios, each representing a different rate of “switching,” which the Pew Research Center defined “as a change between the religion in which a person was raised (in childhood) and their present religious identity (in adulthood).”

Pew said its models examined a scenario in which switching rates remain the same, two scenarios in which switching rates speed up, and one scenario in which switching rates halt completely.

The number of Americans who identify as agnostic, atheist or don't affiliate with a particular religion has grown dramatically since the 1990s, according to the research center. The study was released Tuesday. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Christianity evolves and adapts. It has done so for thousands of years. Every time Christianity begins to lose creditability then the campaign to make changes and regain followers begins. They have changed and updated their rules, laws, and protocols to maintain and regain their numbers.

Christian religions of today are very different than their counterparts of the past.

Betty Level 8 Sep 16, 2022

Such a headline might inspire the intellectual and moral degenerates to redouble their efforts to impose their vile god, their vile values and their vile laws on everybody else.

Not feeling like the glass is half full today, huh? 😂

I think they are already getting desperate and making more bold moves. However, their boldness and hate undermines the religious message they are trying to promote. Their desperation is causing them to make mistakes in judgement.

@snytiger6 They aren’t exactly known for having sound judgement to begin with.

@CuddyCruiser Bingo! 🎯

By 2070, I'll have been dead for 40 years.

Still, it's nice to imagine leaving the world a little better than we found it, right? 🤣

@Flyingsaucesir But that’s about all you can do. The word called ‘hope’ to me is meaningless. Basically the same thing as waiting for a miracle to happen……..Though that does happen rarely.

@Flyingsaucesir Who's going to be the majority then? Moslems? It won't matter to me. I'll be dead.

@barjoe Hopefully it will be agnostics and atheists.

They couldn’t disappear any faster?!!!

DAMN!!

Seems like humanity is gonna lose its majority status by then….🤔

Unfortunately, I won't be here to see that, dammit

I'll be dead then, I'll not be saved in the meantime.

The big problem is that people want a club to belong to so badly that something else will replace religion fairly quickly.

It's called nationalism, it's already here.

Must. Go. Faster.

We can hope, but in the end, Christianity will still have most of the power and be over-represented in government, regardless of being a minority of the population.

As I have stated elsewhere, minorities can gain, hold and maintain power and rule over all others.

@jlynn37 They can, but it can only happen thru brute force and over time, that becomes harder and harder to maintain. See South Africa...

@TomMcGiverin, see South Africa? How about a little closer to home? See the Dobbs decision overturning Roe v Wade.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.