299 13

POLL Do you support Trump?

I completely believe that the US government needs to be completely revamped and revised before we can actually do any good for this country. But - taking that out of the equation, for now, I'd really love to hear people's (honest, respectful and mature) reasons why they do or do not support Trump. (or is unsure). Please, no disrespect or rudeness. He is our president and deserves at least the respect that position affords him (that does not mean we agree with him, but we shouldn't be slinging insults and such)

View Results Add Comment
By smilnjan
Favorite
Please or register to see comments

299 comments

I support his impeachment.

Plainjane Level 7 Nov 4, 2017

haha

I'm not radical. I don't believe in radical anything. I do believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.

The problem is that the vice president may act less ridiculously, but he is even worse than Trump in every other respect.

I agree with that! We are caught between a rock and a hard place!

I'll drink to that!

I hope there is a double impeachment. But then I'm Australian, so we choose between 6-30 parties. Six primary parties (liberal and labor for us) and about 23-30 total political parties. America has more than two too. Those seats get bought off in America as well.

In Australia our head of state is symbolic, in theory all the power of a military dictator, in practice a figurehead rubber stamping government.
We have a kind of preferential voting called instant runoff for our House of Representatives that eliminates the candidate with the lowest result and redistributes theit vote to theor next choice of candidate. This repeats until someone gets over 50%. It is effectively a series of run off elections.
This often means that the candidate who got the most votes doesn't win, but rather the candidate most can live with, the least worst option.
Our Senate is elected by a form of preferential quota system that sometimes leads to some strange outcomes, but does tend to shift power away from exclusively major parties.

The point of all that is that the system is specifically set up to prevent a Trump or a Hitler gaining a position of power

I'll smoke a blunt to that

Me too. I'll throw the party after impeachment!

@Harleyman Wait a second. I think you have your "arrogant idiots" backwards.
Trump's accomplishments so far have been to neuter the EPA, destroy our credibility as honest brokers in the Middle East by recognizing Jerusalem as capital of Israel, show that he's just as unstable as Kim Jong Un when it comes to being head of a nuclear power, and pass a tax cut which gives most families LESS THAN a $100 tax cut while giving billionaires further millions (all while claiming to be a champion of the middle class).
Color me unimpressed, except by his ability to delude his followers and possibly himself, assuming he believes his own lies.

The list is to long to dwell on, put simply his actions have diminished any aide for the poor,ill,children and middle class for the benefit of the top 1% of the population . In addition, his actions have disgraced us in front of the rest of the world and has raised the threat of nuclear war. His greed will permit drilling offshore and in National Parks which have been reduced in size for development. In total it will require years to repair the damage he has done..

@Harleyman
Taking your critiques one at a time:
The cost of regulation is highly debated and depends on the regulation youu're talking about. Are you referring to prohibiting oil exploration in ANWR? The cost of oil and gas is still half what it was in the Bush years, due to declining demand (partly from those idiotic hybrid cars that the Obama administration pushed for further development on). Are you referring to prohibitions on coal "mining" by just b lasting the top off of mountains? People who live near mountains with coal in them think those regulations were a good thing. Protecting the environment produces an intangible public good that can't have a dollar amount placed on it.
Nobody "gave" anything to Iran. Iran's own assets were unfrozen. (I wonder how you felt about President Reagan's sale of TOW missiles to Iran in exchange for their influence in releasing hostages in the 1980s? Good American capitalism?)
Your careless use of the conjunction "and" makes it seem that President Obama, not Iran, supported Morsi. I'm sure you didn't mean to give that impression. Mohammed Morsi is far from the first unsavory character that was tied to a foreign regime whom the U.S. has supported. If you examine the puppet government we tried to usher into place in the wake of our invasion of Iraq in 2003, you'll find that we had chosen Achmed Chalabi, who was persona non grata in Jordan due to his activities as an embezzler and fraudster, and who almost immediately took up his own alliance with Iran when he didn't become president of Iraq.
Jerusalem is a divided city. East Jerusalem is Palestinian. Israel CLAIMS "an undivided Jerusalem" as their capital, against international law.
It's questionable exactly HOW viable Israel's democracy is, since the country is still in the habit of invading and annexing neighboring territory belonging to other nations and claiming that their God promised it to them; therefore it belongs to them. And while Israelis who move to this "new Israeli" land can still vote, the people who now live involuntarily in Israel can't. Because they would almost certainly vote to give the annexed land back to the people it belonged to.
I support Israel unquestioningly when they are under attack by other nations. I categorically denounce terrorism. I also categorically denounce Israel's annexations of their neighbor's land and their bombing and shooting offensives against Palestinians, which is nothing better than state-sponsored terrorism.

Final point: Take a deep breath on your "course to civil war" rhetoric. And then drop it.

Girl I like you

I believe those missiles were impregnated with computer viruses that set the Iran missile program many years. The amount of hybrid cars is not as many as you would claim there is about the same ratio as nationalized health care around 7%. O bomb gave the farmers in Syria guns to protect themselves hence arming al qaeda. Then when the taliban nerve gassed Syria the O bom admiration refused to help because all the farmers (wink wink al qaeda were armed). To boot O bomb pulled the troops out of Iraq before that a sugnifiate Iraq military could be trained and in turn the terrorist regime began. Going green is important what happens when companies are forced to comply, they close up shop and move costing in some cases thousands of jobs. Wait till the companies start the mass exodus from California because Jerry Clown Brown forced them to go green. They forced Amazon out a few years back killed something like 10,000 jobs.

@Plainjane A man who has throughout his life not treated people with dignity and respect- especially women, does not deserve any respect. And to address peoples view that he deserves it because he is President, that is utter rubbish. He is an animal, and it is a travesty and immoral that people actually voted for him.

@Pauled I'm actually not sure if you were agreeing with me or trying to insult me.
When I wrote that reply, I was actually responding to Harleyman, who was a Republican/Trump sympathizer who I felt used the word liberal as an insult. He recently deleted his account so his comments have been deleted as well.

@Plainjane I wasnt insulting you at all. I was merely stating that just because he is the President does not mean he should be respected. He deserves no respect and deserves every insult that is thrown at him. Regardless of him being President, he is an animal.

@Plainjane If Ive read your post out of context, as I havent seen this deleted accounts comments then I apologise. Although I don't believe Trump deserves any respect, it wasnt my intention to insult you.

@Pauled. It's all good ! smile001.gif

@ Whoa projection anyone. Jelosy will get you nowhere. MAGA.

Trump is insane. Pence is insane. The entire GOP is insane and should be imprisoned for treason.

What for . ? You do realise if Trumps impeached . Democrats have no idea what they are doing . The army will impose martial law until he’s reinstated. Please think scenarios through. ( with respect)

The only thing really is that we all vote and get rid of him and a bunch of the repub congress.

@Paul4747 And what do you think about his immigration doings?

@Seriousreason "With respect," from your comment, I can't believe that you have ever served in the American armed forces.

Professionalism and the respect for the civilian chain of command are bred into our armed services. There would be no martial law... no coup in the event of an impeachment. There would, in fact, be a sigh of relief. If anything, it's Trump who is being questioned as to his fitness to command. Among the Joint Chiefs there has been serious discussion over whether the Commander in Chief should have sole authority to order a nuclear strike, considering statements Trump has made about nuking other countries as a viable strategy. (Keep in mind, he's not talking about responding to an attack... he's talked about a nuclear first strike, which would kill innocent civilians by the thousands.)

@azzow2 I can't really tell, but I think you might be trying to reply to me... and either way it's obvious you don't know anything about history or technology.

So you think that the TOW missiles the Reagan administration sold were impregnated with a computer virus to sabotage Iran? Bad news for that scenario... the TOW is a simple wire-guided missile that doesn't connect to any computer.

You propose the scenario "Obama gave the farmers in Syria guns to protect themselves hence arming al qaeda. Then when the Taliban nerve gassed Syria the Obama admiration refused to help because all the farmers (wink wink al qaeda were armed)". Here's all the things wrong with that idea:

Al Qaeda grew out of a group of Arab fundamentalists (mainly Saudi and Egyptians) who went to Afghanistan to fight against the Russian occupation of that country during the 1980s. Many of their arms were financed by the American government and even church donations to help fight against the "godless Communists". We contributed Stinger missiles, which were later used by terrorists to shoot at Western airliners.

After the Soviets withdrew, the Taliban rebels took over Afghanistan's capital Kabul and much of the country (all the while fighting competing groups within that nation). Al Qaeda made an alliance with them and took refuge in that country, since most of Al Qaeda's members were criminals and were unwelcome in their own home countries.

So, it's more accurate to say, "Reagan, Bush, and the House of Saud gave the Taliban arms to defend themselves, hence arming Al Qaeda." As for the Taliban gassing Syria, they would have had to cross the Arabian Peninsula to do so. It was the Syrian regime under Assad who used nerve gas on their own people.

Also- there is a terrorist movement in Iraq, but hardly a terrorist regime.

In conclusion- while I applaud your efforts to blame everything that's happened in the Middle East since about 1985 on President Obama, they are doomed to failure because it just ain't so.

@DUCHESSA Are we talking about Obama or Trump?

I think Obama was following the path of continuity. Accepted reality that we have a porous border and it's never going to be completely sealed, so you increase funding for the border patrol and INS to keep illegal immigrants out as best you can, but you also don't break the budget trying to throw people back over the border.

Trump, on the other hand, is a head case. He has a dream of a Berlin Wall thousands of miles long. And we know how that wall worked out.

Trump is a racist who appeals to other racists. "Go back with me to a day when every American was white, except those who mowed the lawns and cooked and cleaned for us, and they didn't really count. (Also, women didn't matter.) Let us put them in their places once more."

@Paul4747 The wall you so much criticize was started by Reagan. Additionally, it has nothing to do with Trump and racism. Today, for instance, in Long Island (NY) the body of a 29 y/o Latino man was found; apparently he was killed by members of the MS 13 for not wanting to became a member of said gang. This is one of many bodies found in said are during the last few months. Please, do tell me why we need to import criminals? I speak Spanish and I hear what the Latinos say. Obama deported more people than other presidents...simply, he did so quietly.

I don't have the knowledge to elaborate on other areas of his tenure....but I agree with his approach to illegal immigration

@DUCHESSA MS 13 are by no means a gang of illegal immigrants, even if it started that way (as a response to other gangs preying on immigrants from Central America, by the way- so we have American gangs creating a new gang). We have plenty of them here, born and bred. I'm very familiar with gangs, as I encounter them every day in my work. The street gangs have their counterparts and connections in the prison system.

Deporting doesn't help. "Many Mara Salvatrucha gang members from the Los Angeles area have been deported after being arrested. For example, Jose Abrego, a high-ranking member, was deported four times. As a result of these deportations, members of MS-13 have recruited more members in their home countries." [en.wikipedia.org]

Likewise, gang violence and crime is by NO means whatsoever a problem of illegal immigration. The vast majority of immigrants, like the vast majority of citizens, want to earn a living and have a better life for their families.

There's not an easy answer to the immigration issue. The mistake is to think there is one.

@Paul4747 If deporting the Mara Salvatrucha members doesn't help....why, then, they don't get the punishment they deserve. Their continuous recruitment in El Salvador make this gang also an illegal immigration problem.

No pretendas hacer creer que soy tontita y no sé sobre el tema.

@DUCHESSA I never thought you were stupid. But your perspective is wrong, in my opinion.

You've heard of the Mafia, I take it... the same stereotype applies. An immigrant group is tarred by a large brush because of the activities of a few.

MS 13 are a law enforcement problem, not an immigration problem.

I support your rehabilitation !

@Paul4747
No, there is no easy solution to the immigration problem. After all, we are former immigrants.
But there is for the gang problem. Death. The Death Penalty for all gang activity. 0 tolerance
Enough is enough.
We need to take back our streets once and for all.

I joined this dating site in HOPES there were less conservatives here.

I have walked away from family and friends who support trump and will refuse to date anyone who does. Not being snobby but its more of a moral decision than a political one

SunnySmiles Level 6 Oct 6, 2017

Hello

Hello Ronjames438! I am brand new here. How are you?

I agree. I have a difficult time with people that defend him. And, quite frankly, I get literally sick when I see or hear him. And, yes, I cried like a frikkin baby when I woke up to find he won. How could we allow this to happen? All because people hated Obama so much simply because of 2 things - he is African American and a Democrat. No other basis. Sometimes I'm just ashamed to be an American, and more& more often ashamed to be Human.

join the club, most atheist are not trump supporters. I thought I would not have to deal with the trump mentality here as well.

I cried too. The world has just gone mad. All the racists crawling out of the woodwork feeling empowered by this monster ????

I hear you. I desire to get along with everyone but when they start to tell how they support a guy that is so screwed up it makes my skin crawl. I usually just let it go over my head and flee as soon as possible...LOL

For me it's not a moral decision to not date Trump supporters - it's that I wouldn't want to date someone that stupid.

I've lost a few friends because their racism started showing once trump got into office.

hi sunshine! when are you going to let me sweep you off of your feet and bring you over my threshold! lol got any new post lately?

There is nothing wrong with making a principled decision about what sort of people you want in your life.

I'm from Texas but no friggin way am I conservative and I don't live near Austin!!!

It really doesn't pay to be either/or. Both sides are all about the money.

There's a lot of Trump bashers out there and there are a few things that I don't like about him however I think he's a man that's looked at politics just like the rest of us and realised that nothing is being achieved, this is exactly the same in Britain, Our NHS is still in a mess but nothing happens, the amount of people that's living rough on our streets is growing but nothing happens, the divide between rich and poor is getting bigger but nothing happens and we are still being blown up by mad twisted Islamic terrorist and nothing changes, Trump has come into power with good intentions of changing things for his country, instead of using a feather duster to get things down he's decided to take a firmer hand and take stock of things, he is now realising that you can't just snap your fingers and do this because of congress, the Trumpy bashing media who are able to control the minds of the masses won't let him speak or move without attacking him, I am disappointed with his take on climate change however I think he's more concerned on other issues at the moment and maybe in time climate change will be addressed, he was voted in so I think everyone should allow him to run the show for the time being, sadly people seem happier with leaders that do nothing much !

Trump is a piece of shit, plain and simple.I have some goofy right wing "sheeple" in my family, but no way i'm gonna go along with their beliefs, I am 54, and this is about the most messed up Congress I have ever seen!

@delboy2kent I hope as time goes on it becomes clear to you that Trump has nothing but his own self interests in mind when he chose to run for president. He had no grand plan beyond feeding his ego and his bank balance. He's literally incapable of seeing beyond that. It's called narcism and he's a textbook case.

... fox news is media, unfortunately breitbart is also considered media, the kiss his ass more than the other mainstream media “bashes” him... it’s just mainstream listens to Main Street America. So far as his good intentions.... bwaah... he has none. He is a shill for Koch brothers and the wealthiest 10% of America. He’s literally destroying America... he’s an embarrassment. @delboy2kent

@SunnySmiles your "I Cried. . . " reminds me of the day after Trump was elected. I teach at en elementary school with predominantly Native American students. The day after trump was elected. Several students also said they they cried after Trump was elected. I told them I was similarly affected by the nightmarish outcome. Some students (with what I remember as fear in their eyes) said they were afraid to come to school that day because Trump was elected. We have several hard core theists teachers and they were joyous about president Trump. Two continues to valiantly support trump.

Spot on. I don't understand how anyone who has the intelligence to renounce religion can support such an excuse for a human being . It beggars belief. This is a man who supports division, racism, greed, and who has been given power by people who deny evolution,global warming and believe that we lived alongside dinosaurs.

@delboy2kent Our situation is nothing like America. Yes we have the greedy self serving tories, but they are nothing compared to the parasitical Republicans. Our NHS is being destroyed by the Tories. As for Trump giving a shit about his own people, with his track record he cares nothing for anyone but himself. The Republicans monopoly of power (even when they are not the government) has to be diluted, and this dangerous child has to be impeached asap.

I've had to do the same with my family as well, plus some are super christiansand extremely delusional.

@delboy2kent Great post...you are going to be belted for your comments.

Sometimes, I think people are ten times worse than the politicians they attack / criticize. Yes, if their party didn't win they lower their arms and senselessly wiggle their tongues during four years....when the truth is they should join their efforts to build a better country.

"Is not what the country can do for you but what you can do for the country." JFK

I think Hillary is single.Why don't you ring her up.

I'm an Independent who became a Democrat so I could vote for Bernie in the Primary. I'd rather date a Christian than a Trump supporter (and that's really saying something).

IamFreethinker Level 5 Oct 6, 2017

I hear ya sis!

I love this response

isnt that the truth LMAO

I almost became a republican so I could vote anyone other than tRump.

hi there I like your commrents! I bet trump says he ia a christian as well?

At least he's still an active senator (Bernie Sanders).

Most of them do support Trump, though, sorry to say...

Man that would be a tough decision. Which would be the lesser of two evils.

Haha might have to agree with you in that one.

Most Trump supporters are Christians

That's a powerful statement lol, but I completely agree. I'll even eat the crackers and sip on they prune juice

@AfroSkeptic Hahaha ...too funny!

Sam Harris said it best.....
''He strikes me as a distillation of everything that is wrong with the American character, if you take our materialism, our ignorance about the rest of the world and our satisfaction in our ignorance, our overconfidence, our pretention to greatness even when we are actually being merely petty, our vanity, sexism, boorishness, narcissism. (&hellipsmile009.gif A kind of childishness that doesn’t have the virtues of childhood, it’s a kind of malignant childhood that’s all boastfulness and ‘’me, me, me,’’ without any of the curiosity or sympathy that you meet in actual children. He is the living embodiment of the a kind of American grotesque, It’s almost as if he’s a kind of golem that has been conjured by the worst things that have ever been said about us as a country, like if he can’t grope it or put gold letters on it doesn’t exists…'' Probably the best description i've heard yet.
Sam Harris. July 2017

Flowerchild Level 5 Oct 26, 2017

Exactly what they did say on New Zealand news: he personifies everything people hate about the USA. Like: the worst aspect of the USA.

This is an excellent distillation of the rotting, worm-eaten essence of who, what and whom
Trump represents.

Do you mind if I steel this?

That is exactly what I saw in him in the 80's when he was first in the media. Never liked him for all these reasons. A poor excuse for a human, and then they make him president, makes me ashamed to be American right now. He's done more damage in 1 year than anyone ever has in 8. And the fact that he receives support from his colleagues shows just what opportunists they are.

The Ugly American, in fact, but with no brains at all.

Share it with the world!@ATCoffey

@ZebZaman the rest of the World is obsessed with the USA.
We are everything they wished they were.
And we have everything they would want to take.

Trump is the antithesis of presidential. He is nothing beyond a petulant spoiled toddler who has never been required to grow up. He surrounds himself with yes-men (or women), and is incapable of taking criticism. He seems to think the United States is a junior high school, for clearly he has never matured beyond puberty.

PhantomMarquis Level 3 Oct 19, 2017

If he hadn't been born into money, he'd be nothing more than just another broke, loudmouthed, con man from Queens. He'd probably have done time by now.

You prefer a smooth talking empty suit who attained everything through affirmative action and racial guilt.

It is literally unbelievable that such an incompetent, lying ass is president of the United States. It is a disaster for common sense and democracy around the world.

Hugene2002 Level 7 Oct 18, 2017

You must have a cushy job and not a care in the world.

I’m not a bigoted moron. So . . . no. I don’t support the Tangerine Tyrant.

NerdyOkieDude Level 7 Nov 20, 2017

I prefer the nomenclature of Cheetolini LMAO

Or Cheetolokov?

Cheeto Jesus, Mango Moussollinu, the Orange Menace, Dolt 45....

Twittler

Trumplethinskin

NataliaJ for the win!

Aww, thank you! smile001.gif

Tangerine Terror. Papaya Papadoc. Got that last one from Larry Wilmore's podcast.

Mango-in-Chief is my choice. But, Tangerine Tyrant has won a spot in my heart.

Cheeto Pendejo

The Orange ShitGibbon!

My preferred sobriquets are: Hair Furor, Trumpolini, DonnyJohn, CHOTUS.

I forgot, Il Douche, Griftnito Trumpolini

But you are a bigot.
Your just a bigot against Trump. If trump made 0 % unemployment, you would still whine and look off in the distance and whistle.

When Drumpf entered the race for President, I had a visceral negative reaction and nothing has happened since to change that. I'm offended by every indecent and immoral action he has made, i.e., his mockery toward a man with a physical disability, his inability to respect any woman ever, his determination to trample the Constitutional rights of anyone who opposes him and, last but not least, his inability to tell the good guys from the bad guys (white supremacists) and further inability or unwillingness to call them out. He is a disgrace to the principles of our Country,

Chesan Level 2 Oct 16, 2017

the feeling of a wet blanket soaked in a mild acid draped over my shoulders kind of sums up my visceral feeling

There is no such thing as white supremacy. Claiming it’s to blame for anyone’s woes is ignorant and racist . Denying history is being stupid . Just put your head in the sand. Colonisation is civilisation!

Hes a racist, sexist pig that should have never been able to run for president.

GradyY6460 Level 3 Oct 14, 2017

Clinton has a biracial son from a prostitute and denies his very existence.
And you need to present truth that Trump is a racist!
Don't talk about it, be about it.

I find it hard to believe (but not really) that a site that touts reason and logic can still have members who support one of the most insane, unreasonable, hateful and dangerous misanthropes of our time. Evidently emotion still reigns supreme in some peoples mind.
Do I support this person - I am not a violent person but people as Trump deserve the same end as il Duche (Mussolini - executed by firing squad, hung upside down along with his mistress and-with the Italian mode of emotional excess left in the street for people to, lets say, perform certain bodily functions upon). I guess I am being emotional in this regard.

JackPedigo Level 7 Oct 19, 2017

Thankfully there are very few here. I can overlook them if you can. They’ll find they’re unwelcome eventually & go away.

@Tampatomgirl I live in a very rural county (composed of >150 islands) of which is surrounded by more rural counties. They are all strongly Democratic. It depends on what county and, more importantly, what state.

Being a business person I could never have voted for Trump. Anyone who doesn't pay people they hire to do work for them and file bankruptcy not one not twice but 4 times and who has been sued as many times as Trump has should be banned from ever owning a business. Many small business owners were put out of business due to his non payment for work they had already done. No wonder there weren't a bunch of his fellow NY business owners standing up and endorsing him.

Trump is no Misanthrope
Because I am a Misanthrope and I know my kind.

He deserves the amount of respect that he has given Americans and the rest of the world: None.

erodednotion Level 4 Oct 18, 2017

after all he is only the President of the ELectoral College of the United States

I live in the UK so it doesn't matter what I think, it won't get rid of him.
I do not support trump, and I do not welcome him in my country.

Keith_Gilbert Level 3 Nov 19, 2017

Harleyman forgets how the US supplied NAZIs with weapons in the first place. That is why " paper clips " are banned now.

My mother was from England and my English grandfather and uncles fought against the Nazis. Yes, we Americans came in the end - thank goodness, but please remember we didn't do it alone.

@Harleyman Roosevelt in no way compares to Trump. Inviting Trump would be like inviting Hitler to their country. I may be one of those bleeding heart liberals but my parents are not, THey have voted REpublican all their lives and are ages 94 and 81. They voted for Trump and have no problem expressing regret and wish he were impeached

I don't think any civilized countries do either.

Mr Popovitch sums Trump up very well with this:

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner—and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers—is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.”-Gregg Popovich

JonJacobs Level 4 Oct 20, 2017

We have a saying here in San Antonio..."In Pop We Trust". smile009.gif

I was a plaintiff in the Trump University Lawsuit. We won, he lost to the tune of $25 Million pay back. The man child conned me out of $7,000. That swindle alone most will understand why I didn't vote for him, then add to the mix his Cray Cray approach to life and leadership and my objections to him are dyed in the wool and cast in concrete. NO I DON'T SUPPORT HIM.

FreethinkerOne Level 2 Oct 19, 2017

Thank you for your service. You are a hero.

He lost nothing in that lawsuit! I doubt you got your money back. 25 million is a drop in the bucket compared to what he raked in. Can’t wait to see him lead out of the White House in handcuffs!

I do not support Trump at all. Not only does he not deserve the position that our outdated electoral college gave him, he is unworthy of the respect the office normally affords its holder. His campaign should have been over the minute he mocked the disabled reporter, and his continued lies are weakening not only our international stature, but our entire political system. He has not passed any legislation since assuming office, instead he is relying on executive orders to implement his plans. This tells me he wants to rule by edict instead of consensus. His insistence on evicting immigrants and on building the wall of separation at the Mexican border tells me he is an isolationist, totally ignoring the rich history of how this country was founded and became strong. Since his campaign and subsequent election, we have regressed as a society, undoing much of the social progress achieved during my lifetime (I'm 5smile027.gif. Trump is a cancer of the body of America, and needs to be removed as soon as possible so the healing can begin.

KaraokeKen Level 3 Oct 19, 2017

If not for the Electoral College, we would be nothing more than a democracy ruled by California,New York and a hand full of other Stares that would dictate what our Government would be and leave the other States powerless to change it. to advocate a popular vote is to advocate tyranny of the majority.

Not gullible enough to buy the man baby's BS. He is a petty thief and con-artist.

Feralkat2 Level 4 Oct 6, 2017

I'd actually like to hear something more out of his mouth then "It's going to be the best thing you've ever seen!" Because, prolly not.

"Believe me."

What is your assessment of Hillary or Bernie?

Why would anyone in their right mind support that whiny little bitch

ajr715 Level 6 Oct 6, 2017

Because of their hatefulness and willful ignorance.

Because we were in our right mind.
You were in your left mind.playing in left field .

I give him all the respect he deserves. Zero

JayMan1 Level 3 Oct 15, 2017

He is completely incompetent.

TinaRena1 Level 3 Oct 6, 2017

I think he's a fool, and I'm sorry but I don't feel I have to have respect for the office when someone like him doesn't respect it himself.

Paul628 Level 8 Oct 6, 2017

trump is the most dangerous man in the world.

drupert1 Level 3 Oct 18, 2017

He is a spoiled, entitled, opposititional-defiance-disordered, psychopathic teenager with an endless arsenal of nuclear flame throwers at his disposal.

Trump was just a disgusting show-off until he ended up in the position of the most powerful person in the world. He didn't even think he would get the job. He would not have gotten it without massive social-persuasion from the Russians, and the rabid support of the American press. Trump is a "celebrity", and they capitalized on that, to the world's utter detriment....

@Seriousreason And you are just as bad condoning it with your own name calling and childish behavior, so before you start pointing fingers, look in the mirror.

Exaggerate much?

@“ support of the American press” wow . Lost for words.

@geeky1965 why should I rise above , I’m sick of pointing out logic , reason , self control and understanding. Can’t you see how destructive and divisive this hatred for one human being is ....Derailing Democrats bid for power by calling for impeachment. Like Russian collusion, Trumps impeachment has no basis in fact.

I do not believe I need to respect him by proxy. He is not my president.

strgazr63 Level 4 Nov 5, 2017

He is everyone's President..because he won the election..no matter how much you say he's not doesn't matter...REALITY is a bitch huh..

He's still a pig and I do not have to respect him.

He is the duly elected President of the United States, but that in and of itself don't mean he is worth of any respect from anyone. That REALITY is the real bitch.

@RCAngel thank you for that response. I was struggling for the high ground

@RCAngel Very True Respect is a subjective concept. You may respect your husband for having a successful and satisfying bowel motion this morning. Trump needs no ones respect.

I’m sorry, but the man has mental (and sexual) issues that should have disqualified him. He has NO IDEA what he is doing. He’s an amateur trying to act presidential, and doing a lousy job of it. Many from his administration are under indictment for collusion with Russia against the United States, and HE could potentially be indicted at some point. But, here’s the kicker. Do you REALLY want this golf happy clown impeached, and replaced with #ChristianShariaLawPence!?? HE scares me more than Trump! #CarefulWhatYouWishFor

Daco2007 Level 4 Nov 4, 2017

I feel the same. Pence scares me more than Trump. We can only hope that the indictments take them both out. But then what? Ryan??? How far down that list do you go until you get somebody worthy of the position?

Why because you watch CNN??

@Ravenwolfcasey I don't watch CNN, OR #FauxNews!

@trasinater Sad but true. I just hope we can vote that entire hot mess OUT OF OFFICE in 2020. But I won't hold my breath. Thanks to SCCOTUS (Supreme CORPORATE Court of the U.S), and their "Citizens" United decision, the Kochs and other billionaires, now largely control the system. I, sadly, expect to see #ChristianShariaLawPence elected in 2020, if the plutocrats succeed in bringing down MUELLER before he can complete his investigation.

I support him and his entire administration being sent to Guantanamo and waterboarded until they each die of a stroke or heart attack. Divide their illegally-obtained billions among programs to improve homelessness and hunger throughout the world. Then everyone gets the chance to piss on their corpses before they are thrown into space to get sucked into the sun.

Just_Me Level 3 Nov 10, 2017

Best reply yet...thank you, I needed a chuckle.

don't hold back

Commie!! . I hope all you regressives get what you deserve . Bernie, Nancy, and Maxine, . No military. Immigrants up to you eyeballs. White genocide. No boarders , just kiss your ass goodbye Red , white and blue. Post modern marxists want the end of you.

No, he is not my President, and OP, please be aware, we don't all live in the USA. He deserves no respect as he shows none to anyone who disagrees with him, either within the USA or that much larger territory, that part of the planet that is not the USA.
The USA have had many past presidents, some better than others, some quite awful, but they have all been statesmen. How on Earth did a large minority of USA electorate think that Trump was fit to follow on from President Obama?

OrmRich Level 4 Oct 20, 2017

There was nothing 'large' about how he was elected, other than gerrymandering. The majority of the US citizens, minority included, did NOT vote for this prick. He did NOT win the popular vote, not by a long shot. This is another aspect of our inadequacies and lack of actual democracy.

A chimp could follow on fron obama.

Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!