Agnostic.com

314 19

Do you support Trump?

I completely believe that the US government needs to be completely revamped and revised before we can actually do any good for this country. But - taking that out of the equation, for now, I'd really love to hear people's (honest, respectful and mature) reasons why they do or do not support Trump. (or is unsure). Please, no disrespect or rudeness. He is our president and deserves at least the respect that position affords him (that does not mean we agree with him, but we shouldn't be slinging insults and such)

• 50 votes
  • 664 votes
  • 13 votes
smilnjan 6 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

314 comments (201 - 225)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not support him because he continually disregards basic human decency. I can not and will not support someone who cares so little about others, including himself and his family

Kodi Level 4 Jan 27, 2018

I disagree fully, this president was is not legit, he is not a leader,
When OUR president ridicules and mocks the left wing, the poor, the disadvantaged, it is time for us to awaken NOT pledge loyalty because he holds the oval office. This is democracy and with that we seek a leader of all people not just the rude and uneducated.
This president is NOT our president, he may be that of those who support authoritarianism but not the rest of us. I want the US to remain a democracy, which trump wants overturned.

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

I will not, cannot or even think of supporting the current monster in the White House.

November 9, 2016 ... I woke up, turned on TV and saw the smirking face of #45. First thing I did was to stuff a twenty dollar bill into my Swear Jar. Every time I let off a cuss word, I drop a quarter into the Swear Jar. Every time I drop the F Bomb, I drop 50 cents into the Swear Jar. When the jar gets full, I give alms to the poor. The poor have gotten lots of alms from yours truly in the past year.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 27, 2017

I was always told to find the best in people, so here goes: "Donald Trump exhales carbon dioxide, which is used by plants." Other than that, he stands for everything I dislike and mistrust about humanity...Wow, I'm really glad I thought of at least ONE good thing to say about him...

Donald Trump suffers from an extreme case of Narcistic Personality Disorder. He is extremely self centered, cannot stand criticism and has a very short attention span. He cares nothing for anything other than himself. As a business man, he has had numerous failures and is notorious for not paying his bills. In short, he is the worst kind of crook. His run for president was not about issues or principles but only about winning. To this end he aligned himself with the religious right conservatives. Although I may agree with some of the ideas he espoused in his campagn, I don't think he cares about any of them. To have a person as unstable and lacking in tact and diplomacy is such a position is just dangerous.

But he’s a damn sight better than that idiot Obama or Clinton would have been!

You have much more confidence it the insane than I do. At least with a sane thief you know what to expect.

I am entitled to my opinion. And it is my opinion that the man has serious mental problems. On the basis of my opinion, he scares the shit out of me. And for that reason I am doing something I have never done before; voting a straight democratic ticket.

I fully support Him in his role in "The Apprentice" and feel his program should be reinstated immediately and his image on every cover of Time magazine for the next year or so, We should naturally wish for Him to be reinstated in his illimitable role in the "The most highly rated program in the history of history".

If that would get him out of the White House I would be all for it.

Hahaha...yeah, I see what you did there, capitalizing 'Him'...Well played!

I think that the fact that a man of this type could become president is a clear indication that people will choose poorly to push for change. He isn't quite as bad as Hitler, but he runs a close second.

If he were as bad as Hitler you would be dead!

I do not support him for multiple reasons.

1.Strong arm tactics are impressive only if the person committing our country to war actually has an understanding of the WORK involved and how much everyone (including himself and his cronies) stand to lose.
2. Dismantling the systems which keep Americans safe will lower the bottom line for this country, certainly, but there is a human cost. Beyond the human cost, there are structures he doesn't seem to understand are intimately connected with his own interests which will fall apart. Those systems keep not only us, but him and his people safe.
3. He doesn't seem to understand how to run things beyond business strategies. Schools and government should not be run as a business. Pure capitalism is a feral entity, interested only in its own short term existence.

Beyond the above, I find him to be morally repugnant, as viewed from a distance. He has the money and power to make his immediate world run exactly to his liking, and has never developed the empathy necessary for diplomacy or leadership.

I could never support someone who publicly mocks the handicapped, brags about sexual assault, flagrantly and pathologically lies, and childishly and habitually belittles and insults other people. Trump lacks the qualities of a decent human being and that alone is reason enough not to support him. He is crude, a hypocrite, and a thin-skinned bully. He embodies so much of what is wrong with American society, American government, and American corporations.

And personally, my comments are being kind, since I decided not to include the long list of expletives and profanities that Trump deserves.

Hell NO!!

The president is not the real problem the Senate and House representative that have been in office for a very long time have made the same bad choices year after year. Limit the government officials to not buy or own oil futures, pharmacituials, or any thing that controls the economy.

I don’t agree he deserves any respect.

Did he respect the people hurt in Orlando?
Did he respect the people affected by the KKK march in NC?
Did he respect any child or sexual assault victim by endorsing a pedophile for a government position?
Did he respect the last president?
Did he respect Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and California when he flat out refused to send aid during the fall infernos?
Did he respect women by saying he could grab them by the pussy?
Did he fucking respect the entire island of Puerto Rico after the hurricane when he said he wasn’t going to send help and they could go back to Mexico?

Should I keep going?

I wish more people had investigated Trump when he was a candidate. I have disliked the man for years and so when he became a candidate it was easy to find the holes in his rhetoric. Economists have looked at Trump's "business" record and have stated that if he had just sat back and did nothing but live on the money his father gave him without trying to be a business man or invest, he would have 9 billion more dollars in 2016. He is a LOUSY businessman. He has filed bankruptcy multiple times, cheating contractors out of millions of dollars. He set up off shore accounts that would actually buy his businesses back once they went bankrupt at pennies on the dollar. He has had sexual harassment suits against him for years from dozens of women. He has cheated on two wives with the next wife and brags about how he tries to pick up women when he is married on the Howard Stern show. He expects 100% loyalty and gives none. He started the "birther" conspiracy for Obama and several other crazy ideas that were never true. He is a racist, narcissistic, greedy, unethical, delusional, and a compulsive liar. He was actually backed by several evangelical sects who believe he will bring about the end of the world. It's what they WANT!

He has snowed so many people into thinking he is something great, when the truth is that he's the worst kind of person. The day he won the election I had a pit in my stomach and it has been there every day since. If you follow anything he has done this year, you can see the poison that his influence has seeped into every major government branch, from Education, to Energy, to even the CDC. The anti-govt nuts want him to bring down the govt. The conservative alt-right are supporting him to advance their agenda and the rich 1% finally have their champion. It's sick.

He showed us who he was every step of the way during the campaign and before...everybody who had their eyes and ears open knew what he was all about and they STILL voted for him. People who were ok with all of that and still voted were/are the problem. And, yes, I’ve heard that bit about evangelicals getting him in so he’d bring aboutnthe end times. Sad for the rest of us, because there ain’t no end times.....just a long slog through a bunch of shitty years and possibly some post-apocalyptic war dystopian crap....nobody’s going to heaven or hell. All of that gets acted out right here.

First of all I do not believe he was voted in rather placed there by those most powerful, however, if he was elected it was to prevent the ascension of Clinton and the perpetuation of the status quo with some racism and Obama hate thrown in for good measure. All our politicians lie so ...

No no no no no. And "position" alone is not deserving of respect.

HELL NO! This guy is EVIL INCARNATE! And the religious people that support this charlatan have made me even more doubtful about religion.

I loath that fat fucking feral hog,and all the disgusting minions who support his filthy junta. Anybody that still supports this bottom feeding scumbag are just as culpable as him.

Your the one that’s the bottom feeder! Trumps a damn sight better than that idiot Obama!

Aw,gee,does this mean you won't be inviting me over for dinner anytime soon? While I think you may be more comfortable on Breitbart or Infowars,I think this is what makes this country great,even in these extremely scary times. We still have the right to say what we believe. Have a great weekend

I've been watching 45 for the last 40 years. He's always been a pathological, lying fraud. Those who still support him don't seem to care that he has never held regular working people in any kind of regard. He has always been a racist. He learned that at his daddy's knee. If he hadn't inherited his daddy's money, he's be just another loudmouth from Queens. He doesn't pay his debts and has shafted hard-working people by not paying what he owes them. He'll use the legal system to his advantage, even if it's completely unethical. He treats people like garbage. Those who still support him have NO idea who he really is. They're either too ignorant or too lazy to do the research, or they're just like him (without the money). I can't respect anything about him. He has diminished the Office of President to the point where our nation has become a global laughingstock. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. I hate him with the white-hot intensity of 1,000 suns.

I used to describe him as a psychopath. I don't think I'm wrong on that point. But, now I view him as being so very, very, profoundly common. In every sense, common.

I'm a left of center independent living in north Carolina where you can vote for ether party .I voted for him in the primary because I didn't think he had a chance and I certainly didn't want an evangelical who was told by God to run . I am dumb struck that they are behind him . In my county Dems don't stand a chance so I often vote Republican in the primaries for the least conservative . I do not support him and I'll leave it at that , but if he died in a plane crash with Mike Pence I would not shed any tears .

I'm not American, so I don't even have to respect him, except to the extent that he is a human being (presumably).

Nah. You don't have to respect him. He is sub-human.

As with religion, I hate when hypocrites blatantly lie to my face and then pretend that there's something wrong with ME for not believing them....

I don't support him largely because I feel his election victory has enpowered a lot of homophobes and other ilk to come out of the wood work. I know most Trump voters are good people but I think Trump pandered to a few "despicables". Those people are who help give him his slim victory. Without them we would have President Clinton II. Not that I think Clinton was a good choice either.

I want to see the country succeed of course. I, however, can not support someone who COMPLETELY changed everything he campaned on. I can not trust someone who refuses to acknowledge peoples rights by taking them away. I can not support someone who constantly feels the world is so bad to him when he is horrible to the Media, Prior Presidents and the People of the Country that criticize him.

Nyet.

godef Level 7 Nov 27, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:854
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.