Agnostic.com

314 19

Do you support Trump?

I completely believe that the US government needs to be completely revamped and revised before we can actually do any good for this country. But - taking that out of the equation, for now, I'd really love to hear people's (honest, respectful and mature) reasons why they do or do not support Trump. (or is unsure). Please, no disrespect or rudeness. He is our president and deserves at least the respect that position affords him (that does not mean we agree with him, but we shouldn't be slinging insults and such)

• 50 votes
  • 664 votes
  • 13 votes
smilnjan 6 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

314 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He doesn't represent me so I cannot support him. For the record, I voted for Obama and felt like a fool afterward. I have not felt represented by any president in my lifetime and started voting libertarian since 2012.

He is a despicable, corrupt, sociopathic, lying excuse for a human being and deserves NO respect whatsoever!!!

Can't stand the man.

He doesn't respect the office therefore he gets no respect. Not to mention the racism and the misogyny, idiocy and on and on and on

lerlo Level 8 July 28, 2019

I support the Congress starting Impalement proceedings, immediately!

It is not only our nation, our people, who are affected by this president. The United States holds and has held for some time a unique position of power and prestige in this world. We have lost most of that in just over two years of this man's presidency and he has been a destabilizing force around the world for many reasons, not the least of which is his ignorance of world affairs and history.

He is a base individual, an apparent coward, an obvious bully, essentially illiterate at the practical level, and apparently one who is without principle. He has so far shown me all the attributes of a wannabe dictator and a rabid cur. He appears to have little or no concern for anyone or anything that is not centered around himself. These are not the hallmarks of a statesman qualified to lead the still most powerful and influential nation in the world. Did I mention he's also given adequate evidence for drawing the conclusion that he is a bigot on top of all the rest?

I respect the office. He, on the other hand, is undeserving.

You tell me why he is worthy of respect and I will still never give him one iota. He deserves nothing but scorn. If you are trying to drum up a little positive spin for this amoral anal orifice I can't help you. If I ever had been a supporter, which I wasn't, he would have lost me the day he mocked a disabled man. Anyone who saw that and still thought he was deserving of the highest office in our land is as bad or worse than he.

I hate the fucking asshole ?

He does not deserve our respect. He disrespects the office, government, the Constitution and the citizens of this country.

I like what he does for our country. Don't like his style.

zesty Level 7 Feb 27, 2019

I don't understand his leadership style. It seems chaotic...

I will respect the Presidency, but I will not respect Trump.

He leaves a trail of destruction behind him in everything things he touches. It’s his not paying lawyers, short changing contractors, his bankruptcies, his payments to women he has had affairs outside his marriage, his constant lying, petty name calling, his comments on the bus, the gov. shutdown, his lack of empathy, his petty twitter wars, his dragging down of people to his level in the gutter, the felony convictions of people around him, his constant bragging, Trump University, his corruption, his xenophobia, his bigotry, taking children from their parents, and on and on and on.

He is a destructive man that deserves no respect.

Compassion tells me to feel sorry for this man - he's highly insecure, under-educated, terribly mean-spirited, & has narcissistic personality disorder on top of it all. I don't think he knew exactly what he was getting himself into by running to be POTUS. The current government shutdown is a complete disgrace, especially since he reports being "proud" of it. But whatever, he is definitely NOT presidential material. Hopefully, by 2020, the majority of Republicans will have awakened & smelled the covfefe, though I'm not holding my breath.

I just don't remember all this discord in previous administrations. Could be because of the internet and the ease of access to it by infiltrators and trolls. It is hard for me to not get caught up in the stuff sometimes. Thanks for posting

I don't support him overall. He has done a couple of things I support, but I'm against most of what he's done.

What I don't support:

• Attacking the media and calling them the enemy of the people. A phrase of dictators.
  • Increasing tariffs, which shows an ignorance of economics.
  • Constant lies.
  • Emotional decisions.
  • His pragmatism.
  • Wanting to build a wall.
  • Increasing government spending.
  • There are more reasons, which I can't think of now.

What I think he has done good:

• Lowering corporate taxes. They should be zero
  • Eliminating some regulations, which will probably be reinstated by the next president.
  • There may be more, but I can't think of them now.

Corporations use resources that must be paid for, taxing them is the only way to make them pay their share of this. Corporations have not used the money to increase wages and hire additional people; instead their profits are soaring and they are using the money for stock buybacks, increasing their power.

Those regulations protect the air we breathe, drinking water, pesticide use (some are cancer-causing), the environment in general. These are all now in peril.

I agree that we need stonger immigration policies and we need to withdraw quite a bit from the global economy. I disagreed with the his intervention in Syria and his views on Patriot Act.

KenWG Level 3 Dec 2, 2018

Donald Trump is what you get when a pile of shit becomes sentient and is then made president.

I respect individuals, not positions or uniforms. That tub of goo deserves nothing but derisive remarks. He is a complete waste of skin. Sorry, that is as respectful as I can get for that sorry motherfucker!

Fuck that twat, how is putting someone who has been bankrupt multiple times a good idea

I like the idea of less career policitians but he definitely was not the right one!

Like most here, no support of the government.

I forgot if I answered this before and I'm too lazy tonight to look. I do not support the buffoon and I would not even walk across the street to hear him or see him. He is provably the biggest liar in politics today. The sooner he is gone the better off America will be.

He appears to be someone that lives totally in a world of his own.

GbRu Level 4 Oct 14, 2018

I respect the position of the POTUS, but I don't support Trump nor his klan. He will win re-election, but will later be impeached. After him, I estimate we will have 3 more presidents and then the U.S. government, as we know it, will no longer exist. Most of the Southern states probably won't either. America will destroy itself from the inside by its own people. Mother Nature will do the rest.

@FlyingSpaghetti like I said you have issues, and it is clear that facts don't matter to you. And excuse me oh supreme critical thinker, nice try, Dude. I genuflect at your obvious superior intellect. I only wish I could be like you!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:854
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.