Agnostic.com

50 6

What are your top 3 current favorite TV shows?

I just bought my first ever TV and I don't know what's on to watch so please make them current shows.
I had a TV in my house when I was married but my ex-wife watched soap operas and reality TV and I just couldn't get myself to watch that stuff. The TV was hers before we got married. I've never owned my own, and yes I'm a 50 year old man. I never claimed to be normal.

paul1967 8 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

50 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

PBS has good stuff from time to time. If you have cable... the History channel and Animal planet both have good shows.

Science & Smithsonian

Step 1: disconnect your cable unless you’re an avid sports fan.

Step 2: get a Netflix account

Step 3: get an amazon fire tv stick (get two, $40USD each) and tell your most tech savvy relative to figure out how to install Kodi on it and keep the spare for themself.

Now you can watch any tv show or movie ever, current or past. You’re welcomed.

Supernatural
Supernatural
Supernatural.
Not necessarily in that order.
Number 4 would be Doctor Who

You are gonna make me turn on my tv.

• Billions - an utterly morally and ethically bankrupt show, a perfect reflection of the economic rationalist weaponized capitalism fashioned since the 1980s, but well acted and written.
  • Westworld. Flawed but interesting.
  • The Americans. Sadly just finished. Brilliant.
  • add Star Trek Discovery. Flawed but interesting.

Westworld
The Flash
Supergirl
Any Walking Dead
Anything Forensic

More than 3 and I've got more also. Been a TV fan since it came out and I grew up with TV.

I like Humans, Dark Matter, & Last Week Tonight. Tosh.0 can be fun too.

Carin Level 8 June 6, 2018

They cancelled Dark Matter, which I really liked, and I hate them for it.

@David1955 Noooo.....

It is odd but when I was young I was a "tele addict"
We had three channels, later four and then five, before everything went digital.
Every night there was good stuff to watch, interesting documentaries, news and current affairs, drama and films.
Today there are 70 channels on freeview, before you start on streaming services, cable and satelite.
You know what, there is next to nothing worth watching anymore.
I watch Doctor Who, when it is on.
I like Big Bang theory
I watched the new season of Will and Grace, which was not bad.

Everything else I watch is reruns of shows from the 70's and 80's.
Of the modern shows, I rarely watch them live because I hate the commercials, so buy them on DVD and watch them later, same with films.

The Expanse, Westworld, and My Hero Academia. Favorite three, because I don't watch any other shows right now.

Marz Level 7 June 6, 2018

I don't know. I don't watch TV. I use the internet.

Donna Level 6 June 7, 2018
  1. None
  2. Of
  3. Them
  4. Interest
  5. Me

Sorry. I added a few.

I have roku and our super library. I usually go for British series and PBS productions. Right now I am hooked on "The Good Wife". I love tough women.

I like some British programs. My ex adored "Doc Martin."

@DenoPenno My late partner hated it. She did not like grumpy old men (but she still married me so obviously she made some exceptions). We both loved Downton Abby and another series titled: "From Larkrise to Candleford" [imdb.com] This was one of our favorites and really stirred up some emotions.

I turned the cable off during the Iowa primaries. I live close to the Nebraska/Iowa border, so we got all the commercials twice. Anyway, I glanced up one night and saw Ted Cruz's face in my living room. I got a Roku and cut the cable. So I have no clue what is on. I used to watch The Big Bang Theory and Scorpion. I don't know if Scorpion is even on any more. TBBT is still on, I think.

I forgot about Scorpion--that was a fun show. I haven't seem it in a long time either....

Nope, can’t say I like anything current nor can even name a current show... Odd Couple, Star Trek & ... can’t even think of a 3rd... Is Seinfeld still considered current… I liked that. Anyway if you just bought your first TV I think you’re getting into it when most people are getting out but I’m sure other people in this thread will have awesome ideas that I would never consider, enjoy.

My last TV died a couple years ago. I don't miss it much. When I'm in Michigan for the summer I watch mostly animal, DIY, history, and PBS, then I'm good for the rest of the year. I do watch both Netflix and Hulu at home though.

Waiting for Taboo to begin season two, Lucifer has been cancelled, and I have given up on everything else.

Big Bang, Little Sheldon and Moms

Game of thrones, ozark, westworld

The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, and Ancient Aliens. 🙂

Fear The Walking Dead, Colony and Humans.

Animal kingdom, can't think of any others right now

jeffy Level 7 June 6, 2018

No TV here

None for me either!

I'm pretty sure I commented on a similar post about TV shows.

1. The Crown (Netflix) tops my list.
  2. Line of Duty (BBC 1) probably the best police procedural drama ever.
  3. Sherlock (BBC)
  4. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (I forgot what network?)
  5. Doctor Who (BBC)
  6. Jeopardy! (as I love trivia)
  7. Unforgotten (ITV)
  8. Butterfly (ITV) deals with issues concerning a transgender youth and her parents

Sorry I mostly recommend British programmes. So what's on telly tonight then?

60 minutes,Nova,Ed Sullivan reruns.

Adam Ruins Everything!!! Great show!!
Mysteries at the Museum
Various junk for entertainment .... Youtube would be good for that too.

At the moment I'm watching the series Umbre. It's terrific but you need to read the subtitles quick cos it's Romanian

RICK AND MORTY!!, Futurama , law and order, I know u said three but ! Archer , family guy, South Park, and lots of documentaries

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100660
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.