220 9

What are you most looking for in a relationship? Just your # 1 Thing

Just your #1 top pick
What is the most important quality in a partner? Is it a great sexual partner? Is it someone who can bring home a nice paycheck? Or is it something else?

By ProudHeathen
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

220 comments

Friendship.

VictoriaNotes Level 8 Oct 17, 2017

I agree that nothing goes anywhere good unless you have a stable friendship connection. It also forces you to take things slow, which keeps me from investing in people where no future is possible.

A great one-word answer that encompasses the whole shebang. I like to think of a love affair simply as an extended friendship.

Not all adhere to that...
80/20 relationship rule.
Friendship is mine as well.

Edited

Someone that likes to laugh, is curious, and independent.

johnnyroxx Level 2 Oct 18, 2017

I'm curious. What is your most successful way of making a girl laugh? I make silly faces and sometimes make inappropriate sounds to get a cheap laugh.

I'm single, so apparently I'm not that successful. smile001.gif

Silly faces? No, @ProudHeathen

The ability to have an intelligent conversation. To be honest with themselves and me.

freethinker09 Level 5 Oct 18, 2017

Someone who knows who they are, speaks what's on their mind, and generally knows what they want.

Brock Level 3 Oct 18, 2017

Communication and connection. Its that simple.

mistymoon77 Level 8 Oct 18, 2017

I definitely think I missed the connection.

I will say communication as well. Some say friendship which I agree with also. However, the thing about a friend is that they are someone you talk to about nearly every thing. Im always so relieved ???? when I meet a woman that talks. Who knows what she wants instead of always telling me "what ever you want." "Where ever you want to go." "What ever you see." I took a lady to a play. I told the name of the play prior to. I could tell she wasn't enjoy. After, she told me she like that kind of musical. Communication is so important. I don't think any thing can happen with out it

Compatibility. True compatibility weeds out infidelity and all other nonsense.

Whiskey_Will Level 4 Oct 17, 2017

I don't disagree with you. Compatibility is vital to the success of any relationship. However, is it your opinion that any differences between a couple necessarily a bad thing?

Compatibility does not mean similarity. I don't like dealing with people like me. My boss tried pushing me and a coworker together and it blew my boss's mind when I explained that.

Trust is the main foundation in any relationship. If that is destroyed, there is nothing left.

Anastasia76 Level 2 Oct 23, 2017

I want someone who I can talk about anything with, without judgement, without pretense, and without filtering. Likewise, someone who will talk to me in the same criteria.

countrygeek79 Level 4 Oct 19, 2017

Nothing for the past 30 years. Right now in the Andygee household we are "Me and you and a dog named Blue."

andygee Level 7 Oct 17, 2017

Lol

That went right over my head lol. At least Victoria got it.

Authenticity - more than simple honesty, it is a willingness to let someone in, be vulnerable and know that Child in all of us. I once heard it put very well. “If you share with me what you hate about yourself, I will Love it for you.”

simplenfree Level 2 Jan 21, 2018

Sense of humor and kindness.

Crystal Level 4 Nov 1, 2017

Interest. He has to be interested in me as a person while being able to hold my interest at the same time. This is harder to find than it may seem smile003.gif

dyvynyty Level 4 Oct 25, 2017

Yessss!!! I always seem to get bored after a short while

Dustye03<333%, just curious... have you ever asked yourself why?

I have thought about it. I assume, most times, it is because I am a little too odd. I like people with lively, active minds that can apprecite my sarcastic one-liners and quirky worldview. Lack of a sense of humor or any brand of intelligence turns me off fast.

Yes, it is difficult, especially when your ADD gets in the way.

Non-judgemental person. I date people so I need to date someone equally open-hearted

MirVeg Level 2 Oct 19, 2017

Common ground in politics and religion.

carlyhorton Level 7 Oct 18, 2017

That's one reason why I'm here!

Love and connection smile001.gif
"The only thing that's made the whole thing worthwhile has been those few times when I've been able to really, truly connect with another human being."

Mantra Level 6 Oct 18, 2017

Honesty. Nothing can be made better and everything can be made worse without being honest with each other.

Leatherwing Level 4 Apr 11, 2018

Intelligence and a sense of humor

JayGee Level 2 Oct 22, 2017

In my opinion, the most important part of a relationship is COMPATIBILITY. None of this opposites attract stuff for me. I want her to be like me, open minded, witty, free thinking, passionate, affectionate, honest and forthcoming.

Ometiklan Level 4 Oct 19, 2017

Same

Any relationship must be based in friendship and friendship must be based in honesty and kindness. So, I look for friendship first because all things grow from that.

evidentialist Level 8 Oct 18, 2017

Moral intelligence!

Jammo Level 4 Oct 18, 2017

I liked that answer, so I want to ask you a follow-up question partly unrelated to this topic.
Can someone you loved, cheat on you and before you find out, he owned up to having cheated, showing real remorse, could you forgive and forget or does that end a relationship for you?

Someone who is good company

Sarcasm Level 6 Oct 18, 2017

Brutal honesty....I can handle anything and not lose my cool as long as I'm not lied to

jorj Level 7 Mar 21, 2018

Agreed

Honesty is number 1 for me

SandyH Level 2 Oct 18, 2017

Honesty.

snytiger6 Level 8 Oct 18, 2017

iIntelligence is the most important to me, I have no patience for stupid.

HeathenFarmer Level 8 Oct 18, 2017

LMAO- Stupid is annoying. Uneducated I can work with, but self-inflicted stupidity is annoying.

I agree, Intelligence is no dependant on education but, intelligent people often seek higher levels of it.

I'm surrounded by stupidity. I sure don't need it in a relationship. And when I mean stupidity, I mean lack of awareness or inquisitiveness; the ability to think beyond oneself, to think out of the box; and to have a world view based on unbiased knowledge and fact.

Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!